“Quick service and good value”
Review of Fiori Corner

Fiori Corner
Reserve with OpenTable
Fiori Corner is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7,510 of 24,268 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Italian, Lebanese, British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Neighbourhood: Trafalgar Square / Embankment
Reviewed 22 June 2014

A busy Saturday lunchtime, as there was free entertainment in nearby Trafalgar Square. There is pavement seating but we sat inside as it was very hot and sunny. We needed a quick bite as we had to get across London, so we opted for sandwiches: brie, tomato + basil for me, BLT for my friend. Mine was superb, very generous with the cheese and delicious fresh tomatoes. My friend's bacon was very fatty, she had to trim it. We followed these with a shared almond + marzipan pastry with our coffee. The pastry was lovely and fresh, but the coffee was disappointing. Too weak and milky, more like French cafe au lait than Americano. The waitress did offer to change it but we were in a hurry so declined. All the food being served to other diners looked very appetising and generous portions, and the service was quick + efficient, and the staff pleasant. I would go again to this restaurant, especially to try some of the other pastries.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

Went to Fiori on the way back from the Theatre. I had a really excellent pasta arrabiata, and my wife and her sister had salads. Everything was delicious. The restaurant was busy, and obviously very popular with locals, all of whom were having really excellent looking wraps / falafels / kebabs. Definitely want to go back and try the falafels!

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Nice service, reasonable prices. A good option in central London. Food came quickly. Would come back.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

Having had a lovely falafel pitta sandwich here over a year before (which they curiously call a 'kebab'), we decided to come again for an early pre-theatre light dinner. I ordered a vegetarian pizza which I expected to look as delicious as the ones present in their takeaway window. It was priced around £10 which is a bit steep for a cafe considering the quality of the ones available at all the well-known Italian chains, but I thought it would be worth it.

It arrived 15 minutes later and was very small. I would have gladly eaten it had it looked like the ones in the takeaway are, but it looked highly unappetising. It very under-cooked with anaemic-looking cheese and far worse, had a large amount of liquid floating on the congealed cheese. I called the waitress over and politely explained what the problem was. She rudely told me that the water was from the vegetables and offered no apology. I explained that I knew that vegetables leaked water but that I had never had a vegetarian pizza like that. I asked if they had another one that would be ready soon (as we were in a rush). The waitress said I've have to wait 20 mins for another one, so I changed my order to the falafel 'kebab'. The waitress took my pizza away and rudely threw it to one side.

Another waitress then arrived and told me that the manager had asked if I could add chips and salad to my order of a falafel kebab as the pizza was far more expensive than the replacement order I had just made! I couldn't believe my ears, I first I thought they were offering me the salad and chips on the house to make up for the disgusting pizza, but rather the manager wanted to charge me for them, all for the sake of a few pounds! I explained to the waitress that I would have gladly paid for the pizza and eaten it had it been it been cooked/prepared properly, but I would not pay for salad and chips on top of my falafel, I just wanted the falafel sandwich.

The falafel sandwiches arrived and were delicious, I cant fault them. But the half an hour my friend and I spent there was very stressful. No matter how nice the falafel, not worth the rudeness of the waitress who spoke to me in the most patronising lofty way, as if her culinary knowledge of cooking and vegetables far exceeded mine and that it was below her to be waiting on me. Needless to say we did not leave a tip, it was all I could do to stop my friend walking out he was so annoyed at the way I had been spoken to and the appalling attitude of the manager. No apology received.

Wouldn't waste your time, money and patience here, unless you enjoy being talked down to and insulted. If you fancy a good falafel go to Edgeware Road, I'll stick to Al Arez next time. Brilliant prices and the real deal.

Reviewed 9 May 2014

Stopped here for pre theatre lunch which didn't disappoint. We sat outside as a nice day and were quickly served. Four of us all had something different. The portions were tasty as well as generous. Would definitely eat here again.