“Great value for a great location”

The Antigallican Hotel
Ranked #201 of 571 London B&B and Inns
Reviewed 10 July 2013

Stayed here with a friend for a night while seeing a concert at the 02. It's so easy to find at just a 30 second walk from Charlton train station, you can't miss it (although don't let that put you off, there was no noise). There is also a bus stop just outside with buses running to and from the 02 every 10 mins for just £2.40. The room itself was basic but had all you need for the night. We stayed in a twin with ensuit (definitely worth paying the extra £10 go have the ensuit) the beds were comfy, it had a tv and tea/coffee making facilities. It was very clean and all you need really. The bar could do with updating but all in all very good value for money in London. And anyone who knows London knows you don't have to stay in the centre to see the sights, as long as your near a station it's only a short journey to most places! Will definitely be staying here when we return.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 9 July 2013

We booked the Antigallican as we were travelling to the O2 and the usual Holiday Inn style hotels where we would normally stay were all full. We were recommended the hotel by Booking.com but the pictures showed a bit of a rough diamond above a pub. How pleased were we then when we were shown to our triple room, with en suite facilities, tv and tea/coffee making facilities. The shower room was a tad small but it was spotlessly clean as was the rest of the room. The hotel is on a main road which made us slightly concerned about noise levels but we never heard anything even with the windows open. Charlton station is across the road, the 486 goes straight to the O2 (bus stop outside the station) and there is a 2 hour parking time limit in the car park behind the hotel between the hours of 0900 and 1830. You can park over the road on the trading estate and then move the car across at 6.30 pm. Entry into/out of the hotel is very secure and there is even a little courtyard where you can have a cigarette! All this for £85 for three people - bargain!

Room Tip: If there are three of you, room 19.......
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Stayed in double room , 2 nights to seeshow at o2, got own bathroom, clean, spacious. Had shared kitchen to prepare own food with lounge and pc , kettle and tea etc in room, towels provided. Access via door code come and go as you please. Next to train station and bus stops near mc donalds and two supermarkets minutes on bus to o2. Friendly staff, well knowledged. Only down fall above busy pub on noisy main road so not good for light sleeper s. Would stay again if going to o2 for easy access.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 13 June 2013

I don't know why this hotel is so expensive. I've been there only for one day and I am really happy I didn't have to stay for more. The next days I was in Trinity College of Music dorm rooms, and it was way better.

The room was so small that I didn't even know where to open my baggage. It wasn't that clean and it was noisy. I would stay there again only if I don't have any money to spend elsewhere.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank mad_nassos
Reviewed 28 May 2013

You have to view this place for what it is - very basic, budget accommodation. No frills but having said that, it does the job if all you want is a place to rest your head for the night. More suited to men's outings in my opinion, which is what ours was. I was with my two adult sons and we were attending the O2 Arena for boxing. I booked a 'triple' room for £95 for three of us, room only. This turned out to be a single and a twin opposite one another, with communal shared bath/shower room. I had the single, and the room was really quite good, flat screen TV wall mounted, tea and coffee making facilities, wash hand basin, decent wardrobe and drawers. I've certainly seen worse and for this price, in London, I think it was good value and more than adequate. The staff on hand were predominantly foreign, but with a good command of our language and polite and friendly. Cannot fault it, for what it is, and it was probably better than I expected. About 30 mins walk to the O2 Complex (Millennium Dome), but we took a bus nearby, which runs about every 10 mins. 4* rating for me, but within the perspective of reasonable expectation and it is really a blokes' resting place. I understand that some rooms are even 8 bed dorms and spoke to someone who had booked a bed in there for about £13 for the night! That's a step too far for me, but if you don't mind sharing with strangers, there ya go!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 May 2013

We both stayed here while doing the London Marathon, owner was very friendly and greeted us when we arrived. He took our luggage and carried it to our room. We had a twin room which was very clean, beds lovely with clean linen . There was a Tv in the room and tea making facilities and a small sink.

We stayed from friday till the Monday and had no complaints, there was no noise, lovely comfy beds and the room was cleaned daily.There was a communal kitchen, with everything you could need also with a computer which was free to use.

Only downside was the showers, these on both floors did not even get warm. We did tell the manager whom took us to the second floor showers but where barely warm after he fiddled with it- this no good when you have just ran 26 miles and they wasnt the cleanest neither. This let it down as we thoroughly enjoyed our stay and found the manager and staff very helpful indeed.

Would I go back ? Yes well worth the money , but they do need to fix the showers.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 February 2013

I booked this hotel last minute as everything near the Excel was fully booked. It was very good value for money and the room was spotless, warm and had a TV, tea and coffee making facilities and a basin. The bathroom was down the hall. As a woman on my own I was a bit wary of the location and sharing a bathroom but the staff were charming and there was no noise from other guests. I spent a comfortable night.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business