“Food only ok, & eat quick because you'll be rushed out!”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Mudmee

Mudmee
Ranked #5,459 of 22,367 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$15 - US$20
Cuisines: Asian
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Spitalfields
London
“Food only ok, & eat quick because you'll be rushed out!”
Reviewed 18 January 2014

Its easy to miss this place down a little alley way, but unfortunately, we found it! Our group of 4 were seated upstairs & the waitress was initially attentive. I ordered a bottle of wine & she brought out a 3/4 full one in a cheaper brand. She didn't even see (or did she?) that it was already opened till I pointed it out. We asked for time before taking the order but no sooner had she walked away, was she back for the order.

Good points:
- Entrée platter & duck very good
- Steak salad tasty & good serving size
- Warm & comfy seating

Bad points:
- Entire meal was rushed, to the point the waitress started clearing while others at table still eating. I even has to ask for my plate back, which still had food on & I hadn't finished.
- Not enough pancakes to finish duck & pancakes all stuck together & tore. Had to pay for more & even another 6 wasn't enough to finish the duck.
- Waitress keen to add extras. She suggested prawn crackers, but never mentioned they were already included in the platter we had ordered. Wouldn't have bothered paying for a bowl full it I'd known
- Main was waiting on a tray while we were still having entrée
- Massaman & green curry only mediocre in flavour & small serving size
- Steak in salad dry & noodles greasy & bland

There were still empty tables around us, so I don't know what the rush was. We sat finishing the wine, but the waitress kept hovering & removing what she could from the table. We would have stayed for dessert or more drinks if we didn't feel forced out.

We gave the waitress the money & she stood there scrutinising the money against the bill, before finally leaving, but kept looking at the money, then back at us, then the money. I wont be going back again & wouldn't recommend it.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank dalton1skiing

london
“Favourite Thai place!”
Reviewed 17 January 2014

I have been coming to this little gem for three years now. The food is amazing especially the pad Thai. I have tried this dish at many restaurants but it cannot beat this one. This service is unbelievable fast. It's a cosy little place and definitely one of my favourite restaurants in the city. I totally recommend it!

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank tendulkar77
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Fantastic food (shame about the penny pinching)”
Reviewed 19 December 2013

I've eaten here four or five times and the food has been great evey time. It does get busy and you feel like you are sitting on top of the people at the next table but it's okay because it's all part of the atmosphere. The service can be a bit odd though - when you arrive it's like they can't do enough for you but they are quick to change their tune. The thing that really annoys me is that despite having just spent 50 quid on a meal, if you want to take some of it home in a plastic container (which costs less than a penny), you have to pay an extra fifty pence for the container. To my mind this is just a sour end to an otherwise good experience.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank katelouise_11
“Busy, little restaurant”
Reviewed 14 December 2013

Delicious oriental cuisine - I would go back quite easily even though it can be too busy/noisy for a business meeting.

• Visited January 2013
“Good experience”
Reviewed 3 October 2013 via mobile

I was surprise how an oriental cuisine could be so delicate. Best thai I've tried in London. We really appreciate the food and the service was ok.