“Good small Thai restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Mudmee

Mudmee
Ranked #5,648 of 22,376 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$15 - US$20
Cuisines: Asian
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Spitalfields
London
“Good small Thai restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014 via mobile

I had lunch at Mudmee and I enjoyed this place. The restaurant is quite small but it has a nice atmosphere. The food was very good - without being stunning. The service was efficient and the prices are reasonable.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank new_world_travellers

London, United Kingdom
“Great local Thai restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2014

Very good value, quick service, delicious food. Good atmosphere, relaxed and friendly. Ideal for a lunch if you work in the area.

• Visited February 2014
“Vegetarians beware!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2014

Oh dear! Mudmee - a restaurant without any atmosphere except that of a sour waiter who treated each customer as an inconvenience to his otherwise 'efficient' running of the place. No hint of a smile or welcome. When I arrived alone and explained I was waiting for someone I was pointed in the direction of a table by the stairs where the odour of lavatories was prevalent.

The menu is written in a friendly style which belies the actual service received. A prominent notice says that most stir fries and curries can be adapted for vegetarians. So I happily ordered a dish which was chicken, cashew nuts, black fungus, ginger and spring onions and explained I wanted the chicken substituted by tofu. What I received was tofu with peppers, mushroom and broccoli without of any of the other ingredients. When i complained I was met with a 'what's the problem?' attitude and an argument about the vegetables used. I insisted that they serve me what was on the menu and only substitute the chicken but this seemed beyond their comprehension and what I was given on a second attempt was only different by the removal of the peppers and broccoli and the substitution of a different kind of mushroom (though not black fungus).

A really disappointing experience. I won't return.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Goodmanners
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best pad Thai out of Thailand”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2014 via mobile

We eat here weekly. It's the best Thai in London. Food is excellent and the staff remember us and always look after us. The pad Thai and the masaman curry is the best.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Prettydaisies
London
“Food only ok, & eat quick because you'll be rushed out!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2014

Its easy to miss this place down a little alley way, but unfortunately, we found it! Our group of 4 were seated upstairs & the waitress was initially attentive. I ordered a bottle of wine & she brought out a 3/4 full one in a cheaper brand. She didn't even see (or did she?) that it was already opened till I pointed it out. We asked for time before taking the order but no sooner had she walked away, was she back for the order.

Good points:
- Entrée platter & duck very good
- Steak salad tasty & good serving size
- Warm & comfy seating

Bad points:
- Entire meal was rushed, to the point the waitress started clearing while others at table still eating. I even has to ask for my plate back, which still had food on & I hadn't finished.
- Not enough pancakes to finish duck & pancakes all stuck together & tore. Had to pay for more & even another 6 wasn't enough to finish the duck.
- Waitress keen to add extras. She suggested prawn crackers, but never mentioned they were already included in the platter we had ordered. Wouldn't have bothered paying for a bowl full it I'd known
- Main was waiting on a tray while we were still having entrée
- Massaman & green curry only mediocre in flavour & small serving size
- Steak in salad dry & noodles greasy & bland

There were still empty tables around us, so I don't know what the rush was. We sat finishing the wine, but the waitress kept hovering & removing what she could from the table. We would have stayed for dessert or more drinks if we didn't feel forced out.

We gave the waitress the money & she stood there scrutinising the money against the bill, before finally leaving, but kept looking at the money, then back at us, then the money. I wont be going back again & wouldn't recommend it.

• Visited January 2014