“Brilliant”
Review of Murano

Murano
Reserve with OpenTable
Murano is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #193 of 23,718 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Mayfair
Reviewed 4 October 2013

Everything is perfect at Murano. The food is totally original and flavors exquisite. I'm a vegetarian but my husband is not. Often, in an elegant restaurant, he has numerous choices while I have few. Not so here...we were both absolutely delighted. And the waitstaff couldn't be more gracious, knowledgeable, personable and professional.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,463)

Reviewed 2 October 2013

Certainly one of the best value lunches I have had in London -

Stylish interior, slightly on the formal side, with very separate round tables which is great for those who want a more private dining experience. Friendly knowledgeable staff too.

To start with we received two types of amuse bouche, a mushroom cheese bite and parmesan crisps. Both lovely. To follow we also got a good bread selection with the added bonus of two types of salami to go with the bread!

For starters we had the octopus salad, and the butternut soup. Octopus salad was fantastic, lovely well cooked pieces of octopus with a simple salad covered with a divine dressing. Warning that the dressing might be a touch too salty for some.

Mains; I opted for the monkfish, where the portion was certainly more than I expected, with shrimps and a potato mash. Highly recommended. Also had the pork which was done pink and juicy. Often I am not the biggest fan of pork fillet or pork loin, but this was done very well.

We also got a pre desert of basil sorbet and some petit fours at the end

In summary, 2 amuse bouche, bread with salami, a pre desert, and petit fours all ontop of a 3 course lunch for £30 (or a 2 course for £25). Outstanding value which you must try

2  Thank Phil A
Reviewed 30 September 2013 via mobile

A Saturday evening meal for a party of four started with a pleasant welcome and a short and wholly acceptable wait for our table.
The maître de informed us we could have anything on the menu in any order - between two to five courses.
Wine list excellent - the bottle of Chablis I ordered was sublime. The sommelier informed me on ordering that this was the last bottle - I can understand why! Nonetheless it was sufficient.
The food was innovative but for my personal taste a little bland. This could have been due to the
dishes I ordered - scallops, hogett bolongnese, charred watermelon and monkfish! All lovely but was expecting a little more taste.
The lemon tart was excellent.
Service was friendly professional and entertaining especially the lady who recommended the lemon tart.
We booked through Natwest concierge service which lead to us being given a signed book from the head chef which was a nice gift.
All in all a great evening in a classy restaurant with good ambiance. Although my food was not spectacular I enjoyed the whole night and would go again and recommend to others.

Reviewed 28 September 2013

My wife and I celebrated our wedding anniversary over lunch at Murano. The choice of dishes on the menu were innovative and appealing making our selection difficult. The ability to choose differing numbers of courses is great and every dish we chose was enjoyable. In addition to exceptional food, the service is highly professional and friendly and the atmosphere is relaxing and comfortable. The sommelier recommended an unusual and highly enjoyable wine and the price was reasonable for the quality. Overall our experience was faultless. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone!

Reviewed 27 September 2013

Visited 6th September 2013 as part of our 20th Wedding Anniversary celebrations.
Lovely restaurant in Mayfair..... We had the set lunch menu which was very good value. Enjoyed the little touches like olives and salami with the bread, and a wonderful lemon sorbet !
Great staff who provided an excellent service but were happy to chat with us too.
We definitely plan to return.