“Great Experience”

Hotel Indigo London-Paddington
Ranked #197 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed 22 June 2012

We stayed at Hotel Indigo Paddington for about a week. Upon check-in, they noticed our stay was on the longer side, and changed our room location to the first floor (with small attached balcony). A small but nice gesture that immediately confirmed we'd chosen a great place to stay.
As others have mentioned, the location of this hotel is perfect as a jumping-off point to many other places in London. This neighborhood is not trendy, does not contain amazing restaurants or shopping opportunities, and is not walking distance from major attractions (with the exception of Hyde Park). It is a 2 minute walk from Paddington Station which will allow you to connect to the Heathrow Express, National Rail Services, and 5 tube lines that will bring you just about anywhere you'd want to go. For me, this was very important and allowed me to get around London quickly and efficiently. I would absolutely choose this location again for that very reason.
The hotel itself is wonderful. The front desk staff were friendly and helpful, and housekeeping kept our room immaculate. The room was tiny, as is the case with all European hotels we've stayed at, but space is used efficiently to include a large bed, loveseat, desk, and dresser. My husband found the bed too firm, I though it was fine. The bathroom was amazing for a hotel- I loved the water pressure on the shower, the heated towel bar, and shelf space. Our room also contained an ironing board, hair dryer, coffee/tea maker, mini-fridge with complimentary soda and water, ipod clock radio, and safe. I also loved using the fast and free Wifi on our devices, but I didn't dare touch the TV/keyboard combo the room came with. The signs were unclear about whether or not you would be charged for using it.
The attached restaurant is also a bonus, though I can't say we ate there. I did notice it seemed to be well-used (by fellow guests or locals, I'm unsure) and reasonably priced for London.
My only real complaint was the lack of control over the room temperature. Although you can access the air conditioning unit (which needs to be manually turned on and off), there is nowhere you can set the room temperature. We spent our final night alternating between turning on the air conditioner when we were too hot, then having to get up 30 minutes later to turn it off when we got too cold. The outside temperature wasn't even that warm, so I don't know how our room got so blazing hot that evening. Considering this only happened one night, I don't think this small hiccup really affected the quality of my stay.
I really think this is a great hotel- not only because of the proximity to Paddington Station, but because of the great amenities, hard-working staff, and clean, comfortable rooms. I'm recommending it to my sister who's visiting later this year, and I recommend it to you as well!

Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest
Wow!! Where do I start with so many great comments. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stayed with us and will ensure that your comments are passed on. I must agree with your comments on our showers that they are so invigorating. I am sorry to hear that you had problems with the AC and I will be investigating this. Thank you for recommending us and we look forward to welcoming you back and your sister to Hotel Indigo, Paddington.

There are newer reviews for Hotel Indigo London-Paddington

Reviewed 20 June 2012

We stayed for two nights the weekend after Jubilee and the hotel is simply stunning. It is exceedingly well kept and modern but does not have any pretention that can lead to customers feeling uncomfortable dining in their restaurant in jeans and tshirts.

I recently aquired gold membership through priority club and wasnt really expecting any perks apart from extra points, so to be alocated an upgraded room with a terrace and complimentary access to pay tv and conference services was an unexpected bonus and as I know priority club very well through my own employment in the hospitality industry I know its not a necessary for the hotel to do, so thank you.

In short excellent hospitality where being a fairly new brand they have been able to adapt to what modern travellers wants along with adding their own quirky touches. We didnt have breakfast in the hotel but found their evening meals to be very good a reasonably priced for a hotel.

May the Hotel Indigo Franchise continue to grow across the UK.

Room Tip: The hotel does face on to quite a busy street so I imagine rooms in the back are quieter.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest
Thank you for choosing Hotel Indigo to spend the Jubliee Weekend and taking the time to write your lovely comments. I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed your time in London and your stay with us. I will ensure your comments our passed on to all the staff. In the meantime, we look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to London.

Reviewed 20 June 2012

Hotel Indigo is in a great location in Paddington. The airport shuttle train goes straight from Heathrow airport to Paddington station and then it is around a 5 minute walk to the Hotel Indigo, very convenient location! The staff were very helpful and friendly. The rooms are a little small however not a problem as they are very nicely decorated and comfortable. It is easy to get around London with Paddington Station in easy walking distance and the hotel is also near to many different dining options. We really enjoyed our stay and highly recommend to everyone!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,
I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us especially as it was your first trip to London. As you mentioned our location is great for Paddington station with all the amenties close by and easy access to all the attractions. Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back on many more trips to London.

Reviewed 18 June 2012

If you want to be near Paddington, can't go wrong with this place. Room tiny but bathroom was good size and had good quality toiletries. Nice dinner in the on premise restaurant at night. Easy to get elsewhere in London on Tube from train station and easy walk to Hyde Park . Hip, modern design theme throughout; very attentive staff, would definitely recommend.

Room Tip: asked for a room on the top floor, not sure if in fact we sacrificed a bit of square footage as a re...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 26 June 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review, I am sorry that you found your room to be on the small side. Unfortunately being a Victorian building it is difficult have all standard sized rooms. You may wish to book one of our Executive King bedded rooms which you may find to be a lot bigger. I will ensure you comments are passed on to the staff and I am glad to hear you liked our decor. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 18 June 2012

I was passing through London and rather than stay at the airport I ventured in with the Heathrow express and stayed at Hotel Indigo. Its brilliant. The rooms like most in London are really small, but lack for nothing. The hotel is perfectly positioned a stroll from Paddington station, and they makes all of London perfectly accessible. Staff were professional and friendly.

In summary would recommend his as a fantastic short stay hotel in London.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 26 June 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your lovely review and great comments! So glad you decided to choose to stay with us rather that one of the airport hotels. We hope to welcome you back soon, hopefully for longer next time.

Reviewed 17 June 2012

Indigo Hotel is very close to London Paddington - at most it's a 5 minute walk. With the 15 min rail service to Heathrow, this is a a convenient choice if you have an early flight out of Heathrow. The hotel is newly decorated in a modern style. The rooms are comfortable and very clean. They are a bit small but not very small. WiFi is included and worked well during my stay.

The hotel does have some disadvantages. I usually sleep well but I was woken a number of times by noise from the street. My room overlooked London Street and was on a low floor. I expect that the higher floors are quieter. For the $400+ for one night that I paid I do not consider this hotel to be good value, especially since breakfast was not included.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank sneachtaban
Management response:Responded 25 June 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your recent review on our hotel and we are please see everything was a expected.
We do look forward to welcoming you back soon..
Kind regards
Malcolm Linforth-Jones

Reviewed 16 June 2012

we chose this hotel solely using the internet and Trip Advisor. great location, less than a 2-minute walk from Paddington station. the hotel staff is #1 - most helpful, most courteous - just the best you could hope to find!!!! the room was small but who goes to London to sit in a hotel room? it was certainly adequate. the furnishings are attractive and up-to-date, as is the bathroom. even housekeeping knocked on the door each night to ask if we needed refills for our coffee/tea tray.
If you're looking for convenience, a very clean hotel and a fabulous group of people to take care of you, then the Indigo is your place to go.

Room Tip: a room on the first floor is very easily accessible from the lobby - no need to use the 'lift...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank supersatisfied
Management response:Responded 25 June 2012

A great great comment from a great great guest!
Many thanks. we could not have asked for more.

kind regards