“Never Disappoints”

Hotel Indigo London-Paddington
Ranked #197 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed 6 July 2012

We travel to London (from SF) for work and holiday at least once each year and are obsessive internet searchers for quality, affordable hotels. No matter how much energy we put into research, we end up back at the Hotel Indigo Paddinton. Having just completed a short stay there, I am pleased to report:

The new addition of the stocked, free refreshment refrig.

The energetic 'Welcome Back' by Margaret at check in. I assumed she said that to everyone, but after a brief conversation, I realized she did actually remember me from two stays in 2011.

Alina's personal attention when we made the reservation.

The widened, smoother sidewalk on London St. making the walk from Paddington Station to the Hotel much easier.

We stayed her on a return trip from Berlin -- stopped off before flying home via LHR. It was the back end of our trip, and both agreed if circumstances were different, we would have lingered several days, extending our trip, at the Indigo.

Congratulations and thank you to the entire staff for maintaining such quality. We'll see you in 2013.

Room Tip: We recommend King beds for a long stay; the queen rooms are a little on the small side (typlical for...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank alclabarnes

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your lovely comments, it is great to hear from our return and loyal guests!! I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed your time in London and your stay with us. I will ensure your comments our passed on to all the staff especially Margaret and Alina. I am also glad to see that some improvements went unmissed such as the widened pavement and the complimentary soft drinks in our minibars. Thank you for choosing us and we look forward to welcoming you back in 2013!!.

There are newer reviews for Hotel Indigo London-Paddington

Reviewed 5 July 2012

Another trip advisor gem! I used to live in London & I still travel there rather frequently, yet I didn't have a favorite hotel in the city...until now. This little boutique hotel is great - location, decor, staff....all awesome. It's located in Paddington, less than a block from the Paddington train station. There are plenty of little restaurants, pubs, convenient stores, etc. all along the street where the hotel is located. The hotel is very modern and stylish. My room was very tiny but the decor more than made up for the small size! The room was incredibly clean, and it probably had one of the most modern bathrooms I've seen at a hotel. I also had a small balcony with a table & chairs. I had several interactions with the staff (picking up dry cleaning, borrowing an adaptor, etc.) and they were always very friendly and helpful...particularly upon check-out. They saw that I had a large suitcase, and even though Paddington Station was very close, they insisted on one of the porters walking to the station with me to carry one of my bags. So nice! Overall, I really loved this hotel and definitely plan to stay here again during my next trip to London!

Room Tip: My room was located just above the lobby and was a little noisy....so I'd suggest requesting a h...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank AMRSA

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review, we like to think that the design and free of the hotel is truely original and by your comments it seems like we are achieving this. It is wonderful to hear that we are now your favourite hotel in London and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 3 July 2012

It would be generous to describe the storefront to this hotel as inconspicuous. When a London cabbie doesn’t know the hotel, and then can’t find it, you know you’ve either found a hidden gem or a totally forgettable experience. Fortunately, it was the former. The very small boutique hotel is less than a full block away from Paddington, making it very easy walking distance for travelers hauling bags coming and going on the Heathrow Express.

My room was something less than spacious (the photos make it appear a bit more so than they actually are). However, it was very comfortably appointed with a very decent sized bathroom featuring a spacious glass enclosed shower stall. The shower offers both a large circular ceiling shower head and a slick hand wand. Counter space is limited, but I love the touch of the heated towel rack. A comfortable robe was also provided.

The room provides good desk space with adequate electric sockets for laptop, phone, and ipod charging. A clock radio also serves as an ipod player. An especially nice feature is a small refrigerator that is stocked daily with complimentary bottles of water and soft drinks. Closet and counter space is a bit tight. The bed is comfortable and the bedding of above average quality. However, the ‘free internet’ they refer to gives you service for only one hour a day. So if your broadband needs are more extensive, it will cost you £12.99 per day. The wall-mounted TV is generously sized for the room. The gym in the basement is small but, for my daily workouts, very uncrowded. The equipment is of good quality.

Hotel personnel are generally congenial and helpful. Breakfast in the restaurant lobby I found to be rather disappointing. However, being close to Paddington means that there is an abundance of inexpensive food choices in the area as well as in the station itself. I am fond of picking up package foods from the mini-marts around London, and Paddington has two: Marks and Spencer and Sainsbury. Both offer a good selection of reasonably priced food items of good quality, including fresh fruits.

For a quality dining experience, the Paddington area is not a destination. The only exception I found was an Indian restaurant, NoorJahan 2 (dishes run between £9-13), located about 3 blocks from the Indigo (leaving the hotel, turn right and walk to the end of the road).

The Paddington location means easy access to the Underground with three lines having stations there. Almost anywhere you would want to go you can get to with perhaps a single transfer.

I had a generally enjoyable week at the Indigo. It’s definitely worth a try if it fits your budget.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank frankrib

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review and feedback on your stay. I am so glad you see the hotel as a hidden gem but sorry to hear that you didn't get to sample some of the great restaurants in the area. Some of which our also hidden gems, please feel free to ask our reception staff on your next stay. They will be happy to recommend some great local restaurants. Wel hope to welcome you back soon.
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 3 July 2012

We stayed at the Hotel Indigo mainly because of its convenient location so close to Paddington (had a flight out of Heathrow in two days time).

We were greeted at reception by a friendly and very helpful receptionist, Salvatore, which in our experience is quite rare for London. He went out of his way to ensure that we had all we needed including electrical adaptors, advice on nearby restaurants, newspapers, etc.

On first impression the room did seem small (which is pretty normal for London) but we soon realised that the thought and attention to detail that had been put into outfitting this hotel totally overcame the size of the room. At no time did we feel a shortage of space and the clever positioning of furniture resulted in the room having a two seater couch and a seperate lounge chair.

There was adequate cupboard space and the complimentary mini bar was a nice touch.The provided tea and coffee (also hot chocolate) were all of good quality.

Clever use of mirrors (high up on the wall to reflect the light from the windows) gave the room an airy feel and the mural on the wall made the room feel much larger than it actually was.

The extra large bed was extremely comfortable and bedding was of excellent quality.

The bathroom with its large power shower with choice of shower head was the best one we experienced during our two week trip in the UK and Europe. Toiletries were good quality and plentiful and there was enough shelf space for our toiletries.

From now on this will be only place to stay when we visit London!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gillian D

Dear Guest,
I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and all the facilities the hotel has to offer. As you mentioned our location is great for Paddington station with all the amenties close by and easy access to all the attractions. I will ensure that your lovely comments are passed on to Salvatore. Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back on many more trips to London.

Reviewed 3 July 2012

Just returned from our HI-Paddington stay. Don't let the outside of this hotel fool you. Though the entry/lobby is small and tidy, the rooms were quite spacious and well-appointed for a London hotel and London price. We received the royal treatment from "Salvatore" during our stay. Very attentive to our needs, including efficient and speedy check-in/check-out, reconciling two reservations (we stayed here for a few days at the beginning of our trip, left for Croatia and Slovenia, then returned at the end), safekeeping one bag for us before our return and insuring a King-size bed for my 6'7" tall husband. Amenities included a nice size living area, with desk, WIFI, extra seating, closet space, roomy shower, large TV, and refrigerator with complimentary water and soft drinks. The downstairs includes a convenient breakfast buffet (although our favorite for morning noshing became The Little Bite Cafe, right down at the corner. And Paddington station was steps away, which made it easy to access for the underground and the Heathrow Express service to the airport. Thanks again, to the whole staff, especially Salvatore, for a wonderful experience.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JCBodie2

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. It's great to hear back from our guest's especially with comments on our staff. I will ensure that these are passed on to Salvatore. Also I am so glad we were able to assist with your luggage while you visited Croatia and Slovenia. To us it is just a small thing but I know it means alot to our guests. We hope that you will visit us again soon and look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 2 July 2012

This hotel was lovely. My sister in law and I had a one night stay (28th June) and had a double room each (401 and 415). Very comfortable bed, very clean room, mini bar stocked with soft drinks all complimentary, toiletries in the bathroom, lovely shower. The room had everything you needed including iron and ironing board, wifi, tv (pay to view), ipod dock, tea tray, up to date magazines. The staff were exceptionally friendly, Salvatore a delight to chat to. We had an evening meal in the restaurant which was very good and breakfast - well soooooo much choice! We will be staying here again.

Room Tip: They will also allow you to leave your luggage whilst you go off shopping etc.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank GEORGE L

Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing Hotel Indigo and taking the time to write your lovely comments. I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed your time in London and your stay with us. I will ensure your comments our passed on to all the staff especially Salvatore. In the meantime, we look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to London.

Reviewed 1 July 2012

I have been to many hotels in London over the years and never had one that was good value for money or remotely nice to stay in. But Hotel Indigo proved me wrong at long last!! Great rooms, brillant service and fantastic location. The staff (especially Salvatore at reception) went out of their way to make my stay on two occasions great. Also the set menu in the resturant is probably the best food deal in London! Highly recommended and will stay there again for sure!

Room Tip: Nice to have a room with the view of the streets/square- very quiet s well.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank roblou9

Dear Guest,
Thank you for such amazing comments, it's great to hear how much our guest's have enjoyed their stay especially when they have stayed in several hotels in London. I hope that you will be able to consider Hotel Indigo, Paddington as a home from home for all your future stays in London and will ensure your comments are passed on to Salvatore. We look forward to welcoming you back.
Hotel Manager