“Best night ever” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #166 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
“Best night ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2014

I checked in quite early and was not expecting them to find me a room, however I was given a room and the staff were very friendly. I was asked if I need any help with my bags but there was no need.
The room is small but it has complimentary drinks, a coffee machine and other facilities which are very good. Further on during the day someone knocked my room and asked if I wanted any chocolates or biscuits.
Later on I did order room service and was surprises by the quality. It was very good and delicious and the price was reasonable.

The bed was quite good and the service I received was good. The location is just one minute outside Paddington which is very good if you want travel across the UK or in London.

I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank youngSaudiTraveller
Linforth, General Manager at Hotel Indigo London-Paddington, responded to this review, 7 January 2014
Dear Guest,

Wow is all we can say as well as a huge thank you for your recent review. We really do pride ourselves on our personal service standard and hotel and we were so pleased we did not disappoint on any level.

We do look forward to welcoming you back again soon should you be visiting London in the future as you are always more than welcome.

Again a huge thank you.

Malcolm Linforth-Jones

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (325)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Leicester, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2014

My partner and I booked to stay here for our anniversary as we were convinced by the great reviews. However, we were sorely disappointed by the food and the service. We stayed for two days and aside from check in, no member of staff even spoke to us, though we saw them speak to other guests. We ordered room service on the first night, which was expensive and tasted so horrible that neither of us could eat our (different) meals. We had breakfast included in our package, but there are very limited options and the one I chose was not nice and had large pieces of egg shell in it. When I told the waitress, I was just asked what else I would like instead; I did not even receive an apology. This aside, our room (an executive king room) was fantastic, the beds were comfortable, though TV channels were very limited. When complaining to the manager as I was leaving he was very polite and helpful and cancelled the room service bill; however, it was just nice that someone was actually speaking for us for the first time! He was confused as to why we had bad service, and upon seeing yet more very good and recent reviews, I am confused too; why is there such a difference in our experience and other peoples? We are not particularly fussy people, and we made an effort to really enjoy the hotel, as we paid a lot of money to stay there. I can only assume that it may be because we are quite young, possibly hotel staff perceived that we are not worth good service because we probably don't have as much money to spend on extras in the hotel. The manager was helpful and asked us to email him to arrange what I assume would be a discounted stay for our next anniversary, but sadly we were very disappointed and would not choose to stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Linforth, General Manager at Hotel Indigo London-Paddington, responded to this review, 14 January 2014
Dear Guests,

Many thanks for your recent review on our hotel. Please accept our apology that aspects of your stay were not as expected. As you will read from our other reviews we do strive to ensure each and every guests leave with fantastic memories of their stay.

I have contacted you both personally through various methods to please come back to me as so we can resolve your issues which as yet you have not managed to respond back to me.

I do look forward to hearing from you as so we can resolve your original issues.

Palmdale, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2013

Great location for first time traveler or seasoned traveler. Staff are efficient and rooms meet your every need. Room 210 provides no view but quiet for a good nights sleep. As stated in other reviews, very clean which I consider a must. Great bed and very nice amenities. The decor was very attractive.

Proximity to Paddington station and the convenience of the Heathrow train stop makes this hotel perfect for all your activities around London and other day trip destinations.

Of corse,I am late writing this review as my short "London Fix" was November 12 thru 18. I would suggest that November is a great month to be in the city. I have traveled there over many years, covering all the seasons, and this time of year always works well for me. Weather was great. It rained late, my last night there, so need for an umbrella during my stay. Sun glasses were useful.

If you are not familiar with hotel Indigo's they are a product of Hilton Hotels. Up scale smaller properties with charm.

I would not hesitate to make this property my hotel of choice my next stop in London.

Room Tip: If a good night sleep is a must, room 210 is perfect.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank 1retired
Linforth, General Manager at Hotel Indigo London-Paddington, responded to this review, 4 January 2014
Dear Guests,

Many thanks for your fantastic review on our hotel and we were pleased to read that you had a fantastic stay with us.

We so look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Auckland Region, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2013

I use this hotel every year for its location and the efforts of the staff that make my stay more comfortable. This is also a great hotel to relax in with everything you need at your fingertips. Close to Paddington station (approx 500 meters) and restaurants/bars.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Frank M
Dear Frank,

Please accept our sincere thanks for leaving your recent review on Hotel Indigo Paddington.

We so look forward to seeing you again next year.

Malcolm
København, Danmark
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2013

We were not sure which room to choose, so the staff shoved us two different ones and we ended up in room 110, which is cozy and has a small patio.
The hotel is very clean. The beds are comfortable and so are the chairs and sofas. A nice place to relax, when you have been out exploring London.
The staff is friendly and helpful. We will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Room 110 is great, but in summer you have to be aware of an A/C unit on the other side of the small...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Susan W
Linforth, General Manager at Hotel Indigo London-Paddington, responded to this review, 28 December 2013
Dear Susan,

Please accept our thanks for your fantastic review on our hotel. We were so pleased to read that everything was perfect and you enjoyed your time with us.

We do look forward to welcoming you back again soon next time you are in London.

Moreton-in-Marsh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 December 2013

We have had an excellent stay at this hotel. Thanks to the efforts of Sofia Munoz for setting up our stay before arrival and then to Antonio for making sure all our needs were met. Also thanks to all members of the staff at the hotel for making this a most enjoyable stay and just before Christmas. We have stayed at this hotel before and could not imagine how they could top our previous stays, but have managed to do so in an excellent manner. We will be staying again and hopefully very soon. We highly recommend this hotel to anyone wanting somewhere in the Paddington area. It is less than 5 minutes walk from the station. We will be sending a special message to the International Hotel Group who represent this boutique hotel to also tell them how great the staff made us feel during our stay. To the members of the Indigo Paddington, Have a Happy Christmas and a great New Year. Bev and Joe Weers

Room Tip: The standard rooms are good, but the Executive King Rooms are exceptional.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Linforth, General Manager at Hotel Indigo London-Paddington, responded to this review, 27 December 2013
Dear Mr and Mrs Weers,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with us.

Your kind words regarding our hotel were a delight to read, and in particular your comments about our team. They all work hard to ensure our guests genuinely feel at home and as comfortable as possible whilst they are with us, and I was so pleased to read that your experience was a memorable one.

I am delighted to share your feedback with all the team who will be pleased to hear your comments.

I do hope that we will soon have the opportunity to welcome you both back for what will I am sure be another fabulous visit.

Best Regards,
Jerusalem, Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2013

This was my second stay here (and third in an Indigo hotel - the other hotel being in Berlin). I love this hotel's location right next to Paddington station, which is where the Heathrow Express train stops. You come out of the station, cross a street, walk about a short distance (less than 5 minutes) and you're there. No need for a taxi, which saves you money and hassle. Hotel itself is very up-to-date. The rooms are small but bed is really nice and so is the shower. Having free drinks in the mini-bar is a really nice touch. I also got free Internet, not sure if everybody gets it or whether this is because I am a Platinum member of Holiday Inn hotels.
Very much recommended. Last time I was there I got a very good price for 2 rooms. This time around I also got a very reasonable price.

Room Tip: As far as I can tell all rooms are small, take this into consideration. Front or back doesn't ma...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Linforth, General Manager at Hotel Indigo London-Paddington, responded to this review, 20 December 2013
Dear Dan,

Many thanks for you kind comments and we do really appreciate them. Especially as you are a seasoned Hotel Indigo fan.

We do look forward to welcoming you back again next time you are in London.

Kind regards and Christmas wishes