“Great hotel, fantastic staff”

Hotel Indigo London-Paddington
Ranked #168 of 1,067 Hotels in London
London, UK
“Great hotel, fantastic staff”
Reviewed 21 February 2014 via mobile

This is at really great hotel perfectly located for Paddington Station and the West End. Spotlessly clean rooms with big comfy beds. I was concerned about traffic noise but we were at the front of the hotel and didn't hear anything. Staff great esp a guy working at the bar called Sylvester. Will definitely stay again.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Linforth, General Manager at Hotel Indigo London-Paddington, responded to this review, 22 February 2014
Dear Guests

Please accept our sincere and heartfelt thanks for your recent review on our hotel.

It goes without saying that we look forward to welcoming you back at any time in he future.

Malcolm

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (331)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
Reviewed 20 February 2014

My husband and I stayed here last weekend. Our room was lovely, and well appointed. Loved the coffee maker, and sodas and waters available and replenished daily-a nice plus. Antonio at the front desk seemed to always be there to lend a helping hand, or give direction and assistance. He is truly an asset to the hotel. Loved the easy access to Paddington Station, and the great location in general. We like to walk, so it was within easy walking distance of great shopping, dining, etc. not to mention being a couple of blocks from the park. All in all, an excellent visit, and should our travels bring us back to London, this will be our first choice of where to stay!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Linforth, General Manager at Hotel Indigo London-Paddington, responded to this review, 21 February 2014
Dear Linda & James

Thank you so much for your fantastic review and we were overjoyed that you both had an amazing time in London. As you will already know you are always welcome at Hotel Indigo Paddington and we cannot wait to welcome you back as soon as possible.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 February 2014

Stayed here at the weekend, arrived early and reception couldn't have been more helpful giving us a choice of rooms to stay in. I had read reviews about the rooms being small, but to be honest I didn't find the room all that small. Room was furnished beautifully, bed was so incredibly comfy too ... and I could have stayed in the shower for hours!

Reception staff were super helpful, very knowledgable and really seemed to want to make sure that I had a pleasant stay. Same for the restaurant & bar staff.

Overall, a faultless hotel ... I will be back soon!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Tobes,

Many many thanks for your recent review on our hotel. To be called faultless really is amazing and we again thank you for your kind words.

We so look forward to welcoming you back again soon for another faultless stay with us.

Reviewed 19 February 2014 via mobile

Was a great place to stay. Lovely rooms, very different to usual hotels. Loved the brightly colour themes in rooms. Would definately recommend and stay there again. Tidy, clean and staff were very helpful. It is a minute walk from Paddington Station

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Linforth, General Manager at Hotel Indigo London-Paddington, responded to this review, 20 February 2014
Dear Michelles

Wow is all we can say as well as a huge thank you for your amazing review.

You are always welcome at Hotel Indigo Paddington.

Holden, Louisiana
Reviewed 18 February 2014

\We are loyal Hotel Indigo stayers and stayed here for 2 nights at the first leg of our UK trip. The hotel was nice, clean and up to date. Our room was incredibly small but that's too be expected in the middle of a big city. Front desk staff was extremely helpful when we needed directions or assistance finding a place to eat. It is located on a fairly busy street but noise was not an issue for us. Also, windows open to let in fresh air and breeze.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Lace0340

Thank you so much for your recent review and we were pleased to read you found our staff nice and helpful. This really does go such a long way to read such comments.

We hope you had a smooth and relaxing flight home to the US and we hope you consider Hotel Indigo Paddington should you be visiting the London again in the future.

Gibraltar
Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

What a great hotel
Right beside Paddington Station,

We were upgraded on arrival to a suite.

Given free drinks, free breakfast and loads if goodies, as we had been selected as the VIP guests for the day! So cool!!!!

Lovely rooms
Great staff
Will come back for sure!!!

Thanks Indigo!!!

Dear Adrian,

What more can we say except a massive thank you for your recent review.

My staff and I were overjoyed to read it and it really did put many smiles on many faces.

We do hope to see you back again soon, next time you are visiting London.

Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 February 2014

I upgraded to an Executive room (£20). The room was spacious enough for one night although the bathroom was ridiculously small to maximise the space. The double shower was nice and it was clean. On arrival there was a plate of fruit, two small bottles of prosecco and a bar of Dairy Milk! The mini bar had some soft drinks and water in. The chaise longue was useful though not particularly comfortable. Some signs of wear and tear in the room and a slightly musty smell in the corridor. Bed very comfortable and lovely sheets. It is in a great location for Paddington but what let it down for me was how noisey it meant my room was. Avoid a room on the front at all costs. They provide you with earplugs if you can cope with itchy ears. My first wake up call was at 3am (drunk locals shouting). The clock radio was very bright so I turned that off as it was keeping me up. The fridge in the room was loud as well even though it was in the wardrobe. I drifted off about 4am but was awoke again at about 5am but the delivery lorry bringing out trolleys and putting them back in for about half and hour. Once the lorry had gone there were then other noises such as police sirens and people talking outside. I do believe I am a light sleeper and my partner was only woke up once, however I think it would be beneficial to customers to warn them prior to upgrading that the room on the front was more prone to outside noise. Whilst nothing can be done about the location and perhaps deliveries, the noisey fridge and making a customer aware at check in is better than them having to put up with it. I was not asked if I had a good night at checkout, only to pay the £20 upgrade fee. Admittedly I could have complained but I was tired and just wanted to get away. I do think the room was still nice, just not for light sleepers. Perhaps would stay if I could guarantee a room at the back.

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for leaving your review on our hotel and we sincerely thank you for this.

Please do accept our apologies that you found our location and hotel noisy.

As you are a light sleeper should you visit us again I would like recommend you ask for a rear facing room which I know you will enjoy.

As you are always welcome at Hotel Indigo Paddington.