“Fantastic Stay at this Boutique hotel”

Hotel Indigo London-Paddington
Ranked #184 of 1,068 Hotels in London
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Fantastic Stay at this Boutique hotel”
Reviewed 25 April 2014

While I love visiting big cities such as London, finding a decent place to stay can be daunting and big names are not always reliable. Enter this lovely little boutique hotel! I was optimistic based on the reviews and this place met all of my expectations and more. The rooms are compact, but cozy and they have really maximized the space. Bathroom is also small, but again, space is maximized. Rooms include a fridge, bathrobe, desk, chaise lounge and arm chair. Wifi is included and the location is excellent - 5 minute walk from Paddington Station, 10 minute walk to Hyde Park and the shops on Oxford Street. Also very close to several other attractions. Good eats and drinks in the area including both modern restaurants as well as one of the oldest pubs in London. My only complaint, and it's a minor one, was the fact that I could not control my thermostat within my room. I was required to call the front desk every time I wanted to change the temperature. I happened to be in London during a spat of warm Spring weather, thus it was warm by day but cool by night, requiring somewhat different temps during each timeframe. However each time I did call they quickly adjusted the temperature to my needs.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Linforth, General Manager at Hotel Indigo London-Paddington, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us.

I am happy to hear that you find our hotel cozy and accomodating. Please be aware that I have taken your feedback on board and instructed all the staff to set the air conditioning on automatic so it can be changed from the room directly.

We look forward to welcome you back on the near future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (333)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Welcome was great, greeted by friendly staff. Room was exceptionally clean and modern. As I had a young guest the owels were shaped into animals we also got a contemporary fruit platter.
Bathroom very high end and modern.
Food was very good with many options and good price.
I will staying here again.

Room Tip: Top floor.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear Anon,

Wow many thanks for stating we are a hidden gem.

It really means so much to my managers and staff.

We do hope to see you again soon next time you are visiting London.

Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for the 1st time a couple of days ago. From the outside it's a normal looking hotel in Paddington. However once inside the attention to detail is 1st class.

I was very impressed with the free movies and complimentary minibar. It's small touches like this that set this hotel apart from the rest.

The receptionist was very knowledgeable of the surrounding area and helped plan my run the next morning. They acknowledged my IHG status and upgraded my room with no delay to the check in process.

Will be returning very soon I'm sure. Try the burger on the room service menu, it's amazing.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear Zarv,

Please accept a huge thank you from my team and me for your recent review on our hotel.

We were so pleased to you loved our hotel and service and we do hope you always consider Hotel Indigo when visiting London.

Brackley Beach, Canada
Reviewed 23 April 2014

My wife and I recently stayed at the Indigo/Paddington on our way to South Africa. We spend three very pleasant days at the hotel, including a very early check in after an overnight flight from Canada.
The hotel is very well situated, only one hundred meters from Paddington Station and the Heathrow Express as well as tube and bus connections into the city and beyond.The staff at the hotel are wonderful and a pleasure to deal with. They seem to be able to solve each and every problem/issue that may arise. As most other reviewers note the rooms are small by North American standards, but who wants to spend much time in the room with one of the greatest cities just outside the door. Each room is well equipped with lots of nice features and amenities. We had an Executive King room which I assumed would be the best in the hotel and had only one complaint. The hotel lists the room as having a King bed but by no means is the bed a King size bed by any standard. Still it's probably a Queen which was fine, but should be advertised as that.
There are lots of choices for eating within a short walk, and if you want to go farther a field the Tube or a taxi can easily be accessed. Hyde Park is a short walk away and within 20 minutes one can reach the other side of the park with Museum Road and access to all of the South Kensington Museums, The Science Museum, Natural History Museum and the wonderful Victoria and Albert Museum. I would definitely return to the hotel next time I visit the city. The online images are true and accurate for representing the hotel itself. We did not use the gym or the restaurant so can't comment on these facilities. In this city with a myriad of choices of accommodation this one is going to meet most people's expectations and make for an enjoyable stay I'm sure.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Linforth, General Manager at Hotel Indigo London-Paddington, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Dear Nroe

Wow, it is such a pleasure to receive such a great review from a seasoned traveller ad Trip Advisor reviewer.

It really does mean so much to us all at Hotel Indigo Paddington to know we are getting is right.

It goes without saying we cant wait for you to return.

Greenvale, New York
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Terrific value, terrific location, and a wonderfully helpful staff. The hotel felt very modern, very boutique. The only disappointment was the breakfast buffet. Certaily, the smaill Italian coffee bar 2 doors down was a much better value for breakfast (and they had GREAT coffee!).

The bathroom was probably the nicest I've expereinced in Europe. Awesome shower, and very spacious layout.

Great location - close to Paddington station, and close to Hyde Park. The local restaurants weren't that impresive, but getting around is so easy, it didn't matter.

Room Tip: A lttile bit of street noise, but nothing too terrible.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Laurie

Many thanks for your recent review on Hotel Indigo Paddington and we were so pleased you enjoyed your short stay with us.

We do hope to see you again soon next time you are visiting London.

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 21 April 2014

This hotel was truly a great hotel in many respects. It is located in Paddington London, which is very close to the "tube' underground, and train station, which makes it very easy to get the express train to the airport.

But most of all, the Indigo Hotel (with the Fibonacci theme) gave us, a great room, clean, modern, and with nicely designed. The service was excellent, and could not have been more helpful. In addition, we received some unexpected and welcomed surprises, such as complementary drinks, and movies.

Great also because this Hotel to me represented very good value for money, whilst still staying at a well run first class Hotel.

As a traveller from Australia who needed easy access to the airport and also easy access to the tube city shopping, and restaurants.

Very comfortable, modern, and excellent service.
I also liked the Fibonacci theme which is incorporated into the hotel design. If you look closely, you can see the Fibonacci theme expressed in many subtle ways, the way the room is designed, setout, etc.

I would definitely stay there again if I was transiting through London.

Regards
Gabriel Gallo, Brisbane, Qld, Australia

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Dear Gabriel,

Please accept a huge thanks for my safe and I for your amazing review on our hotel and we were overjoyed you loved our hotel and service.

We do hope t see you again next time you are visiting from Australia and do hope your flight back was relaxing and enjoyable.

Reviewed 18 April 2014

Small but very modern rooms , nespresso coffee maker,free soft-drinks and wi fi. 2nd night moved to a bigger room which was much better. Staff very helpful regarding events and tips. Hotel bistro is also okay with outdoor dining and good service. Real gem is to be close to Paddington Station which has the rapid Heathrow train and subway to everywhere. 5 minute walk to Hyde park and several good pubs and restaurants.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Linforth, General Manager at Hotel Indigo London-Paddington, responded to this review, 19 April 2014
Dear Adam,

Many thanks for your recent review on our hotel. We are so pleased you really enjoyed you visit.

We do look forward to welcoming you back again soon.