“Great room, great location”

Hotel Indigo London-Paddington
Ranked #203 of 1,081 Hotels in London
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Spent a night, on a business trip. Hotel's location was excellent as I could conveniently come and leave through the Paddington stations. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Room is very small, but very clean, and bathroom is spacious. The bed (that takes 80% of the room) was very comfortable. The hotel and room's design were refreshing and just made me smile. Perks like the Nespresso machine and free cool water were a nice touch too. The only down side I found was the elevator, which was very slow.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Linforth, General Manager at Hotel Indigo London-Paddington, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Dear Guests

Please accept a huge thank you from my team and me for your recent review on our Hotel Indigo Paddington. We were so pleased you really enjoyed the hotel and facilities. We do apologise that you found our lift slower than you expected. But with only 4 floors a very fast lift would cause issues. We do hope that you consider us again next time you are visiting the UK and we look forward to welcoming you back again.

Malcolm

Write a ReviewReviews (1,963)

Reviewed 21 June 2014

Location is good and just 3 mins walk from Paddington station. The front desk staffs are very friendly and helpful. The room is small and air-condition is very noisy all the time. I like the complimentary mini-bar and Nespresso. Mattress, pillow is comfortable and have well sleeping quality. Overall it is good if hotel can fix the noisy sound from air-condition then it will be excellent.

2  Thank Benny C
Linforth, General Manager at Hotel Indigo London-Paddington, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Dear Benny,

Thank you for your review on our hotel and we firstly apologise that you found our AC noisy we will investigate this and thank you for bringing it to our attention. We do hope to see you again soon and do hope you had a smooth and relaxing flight back to Hong Kong.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

I have always loved staying at Indigo hotels, so when I booked my business trip for London, I immediately checked if there was an Indigo hotel in the area. I found this location and read the reviews; some were extremely positive and some kept talking about unbearably small rooms. Overall the reviews were positive, so I went ahead and booked.

I arrived in London Friday evening, and when I checked in, I found myself opening the door to my room to immediately face the bed. I had to look around to see where I could possibly put my suitcase even. The room was tiny (even for European standards)!! I had to get on a conference call, so I took a quick shower (the bathroom was actually quite roomy... arguably 2/3 the size of the room itself).

The amenities in the room and toiletries in the shower (all Aveda products) were outstanding! The room came with many electrical outlets, hair dryer, iron and ironing board, ipod docking station, complementary espresso (pods and equipment), complementary tea and biscuits, and complementary soft drinks in the mini fridge. The towels were huge and absorbing, and the hotel supplied complementary robe and slippers for the duration of the stay.The problem in this room was that you could only use one thing at a time (either the teapot or your laptop; either the ironing board or the chair), or you didn't have any space. In fact, when I ordered room service, once it finally arrived, the staff did not know where he could put the tray... in fact, he seemed equally as surprised about the size of my room as I was.

I ended up changing rooms on Sunday (so after two nights), and the new room was incredible -- it restored my faith in the "Indigo" experience. In both rooms, the beds were very comfortable and the hotel provided turn-down service, complete with a chocolate.

My new room had a large comfortable bed, a small settee, chair and desk, full length standing mirror, and plenty of room!! I could have stayed there for a month!

Additional things worth pointing out: free Wi-Fi, nice albeit small workout facility, complementary apples at the front desk, newspaper delivered each morning, and plenty of latest magazines!

So, while overall, the hotel is great in terms of location, quality of sleep, cleanliness, free amenities and service -- the overall experience will really vary depending on which room you book! Knowing that, I would (and have already) recommend this hotel, and I would stay here again next time I'm in London.

Room Tip: Be sure to read the different room descriptions before making your booking. Ask for a room with a d...
1  Thank shtrudles

Dear Shtrudles,

Please accept a huge thank you from my team and me for your recent review on our hotel Indigo Paddington. We are pleased you really enjoyed you executive king bedroom and we were pleased to read you could have stayed here a long time.

We do hope to see you again soon on your next visit to London and the UK.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

I ended up staying an extra night in London on a business trip and had to switch hotels. I found a room at the Hotel Indigo on lastminute.com and was very glad I did. The proximity to Paddington made the location very convenient for getting to Heathrow and anywhere else in London. The staff was very friendly and had a room for me even though I checked in early. The room was a decent size with a very comfortable bed and complimentary water and soda as well as Aveda toiletries (which are always a plus). The room was very quiet as well. Next time I have to stay in London I will plan in advance to stay here instead of my usual hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Linforth, General Manager at Hotel Indigo London-Paddington, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Dear Citygirl,

Please accept our sincere thanks for you amazing review on our Hotel Indigo. We are so pleased you found our hotel and do look forward to hopefully seeing you again soon next time you are visiting London.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Chosen for it's close proximity to Paddington Underground station, I thought the hotel was not clear from the road - so much so I walked straight past the entrance to reception!

However, once located the staff were very friendly and any requests were actioned swiftly.

The bedroom was very small, for a double room there is a desk, wardrobe, 2 bedside tables and enough room to literally just squeeze arround.

The bathroom was modern, and strangely almost the side of the bedroom! It's complmented with a large walk in shower.

All in all - A nice hotel, slightly overpriced, would stay again should the Crowne Plaza be unavailable.

For IHG Members, I rate Intercontinentals at the top, followed by Crowne Plaza, then Hotel Indigio, then Holiday Inn and finally Holiday Inn Express.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Michael K
Linforth, General Manager at Hotel Indigo London-Paddington, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Dear Mike,

Many thanks for your recent review on Trip Advisor and for choosing Hotel Indigo Paddington.

I understand you stayed in one of our standard double bedrooms during this visit, But should you decide to stay with us again please do contact me and I would be happy to upgrade you to one of our Executive King rooms subject to availability. Which I know you will find much larger.

We do look forward to welcoming you back again soon, next time you are visiting London.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Location - really good, 5 mins walk to Paddington station. Convenience stores just beside.

Price - I thought it was a little expensive.

What I liked - the complimentary mini bar, NESPRESSO with capsules, AVEDA toiletries, luxurious pillows and really nicely designed rooms.

What I didn't like - the room was a little too small for my liking.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Dear Zhengjie,

Please accept a massive thank you for your great review on our hotel. We do thank you and do look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

I'm in London all the time and this is my first time at this property. Like a few of the other reviews that I've read, my room was ready early and though small, is well designed, etc. My biggest gripe is with the reception staff manager that began work later in the day. A friendly greeting from the staff when you enter a hotel is a basic. She apparently does not know this. She might take a lesson from the delightful restaurant manager (Angelique), who is so cheerful she could sell me the Brooklyn Bridge.

My complaint with the reception may seem trivial, but I travel alone for work 150 or so days a year and I like to feel welcomed at a hotel.

2  Thank tm752

Dear TM752,

Please accept our sincere thanks for your review on our hotel and brasserie. We do take your points into consideration and thank you for them. Please be assured our customer service on all levels is priority at all times.

We do apologise that at times you were not acknowledged as normal, but at present we are training a number of new staff members and I know next time you visit it will be completely different.

We look forward to welcoming you again,