“I love this place”

Hotel Indigo London-Paddington
Ranked #202 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 20 July 2014

I first stayed here during the tube strike, when I had an early appointment at the Grosvenor House and didn't want to pay their expensive rates. As a part of the IHG group I expected a comfortable, clean hotel, I had no idea what I was going to experience.

This is a lovely boutique hotel with great rooms, an unbelievably personal welcome, including a hand written welcome note in my room with a bowl of fruit and a welcome drink. The rooms are great, I've read reviews complaining about the noise from the rooms facing the street, but come on this is London the streets are busy, and the hotel provides earplugs to all guests (another fantastic touch). On this trip I paid a little extra and got a room with a small terrace, well worth the £20.

The bar restaurant attached to the hotel is great with a fantastic menu and provides one of the best breakfasts I've had in London.

This was my third visit and will not be my last, it is now my company's hotel of choice in London, and although Paddington isn't as central as others, the good value room rates more than covers the cost of a taxi.

Room Tip: Pay the extra for a room with a terrace, or at least a room at the back if you are going to get upse...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Linforth, General Manager at Hotel Indigo London-Paddington, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Dear Thesprat,

Wow is really all we can say as well as THANK YOU. For your amazing review on our hotel and staff. It goes without saying we cant wait to see you back again to thank you personally.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

I had my first stay at the Indigo Paddington last week and got to say I'll go back. Posh coffee, Posh toiletries, free water/soft drinks and WiFi. The bath room was a good size and the shower awesome.
On the down side the room was small, Don’t bring the cat there’s no room to swing it, forget a big suitcase you’ll be climbing over it…

Back to the positives, great location and the restaurant on the ground floor is excellent.

And what is the Fibonacci Sequence??

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear Zac,

Please accept a massive thank you for your great review on our Hotel Indigo Paddington. We do appreciate your time and effort for this. We do hope to see you again next time you are traveling and staying in London.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

The hotel is great for the Heathrow travellers as it is located short walking distance from the Paddington station. The location also offers easy accessing to the city, and has various shops and restaurants near by.
Our room was a bit on the smaller side but that didn't bother us as it was modern, comfortable and clean. The shower was wonderful.
The staff was very friendly and helpful. Will be staying here again when I'm in London.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Marika,

Thank you for your great review on our Hotel Indigo Paddington. We really were so pleased to read you loved your stay with us and our staff were great.

We cant wait to see you again next time you are visiting London.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

The Indigo is an easy walk from Paddington train station which is where the fast trains from Heathrow arrive. The staff was excellent, helpful and cheerful. I was able to check in early. The rooms are nicely furnished with Aveda toiletries and include free wifi and a fridge stocked with complimentary water and soft drinks (what a nice touch!). I also liked the neighborhood which had a lot of ethnic restaurants to choose from and was close to several tube stations (Paddington and Edgeware Rd.) My only real complaint was the small room size: I had to squeeze into the desk chair to use the desk as the chair bumped against the bed; also a challenge to situate the ironing board (and don't bring too much luggage). However, if you won't be spending alot of time in your room, the Indigo gets all the important things right. I would certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with natural light.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Orb,

Wow we are so pleased you enjoyed our hotel and location and Hotel Indigo Paddington was everything as expected for your stay.

We do hope to see you again and again should you be visiting London.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

We're from HK & stayed in Hotel Indigo London-Paddington from 4 to 9 Jul in Room 206, it's a quiet room sits at the back as requested. Room size is small (about 200sq fts) but definitely comfortable & clean. Bed is fluffy but can support the spine very well (want to know what the brand is). Staff members are quite friendly & helpful (we forgot the password of the in-room safe & the technical expert sorted it out for us quickly). Breakfast was a bit disappointed for I expected some scrambled eggs & sausages...but I understand that there's cultural difference between English & Chinese, in general, the choices of food at breakfast are ok.

Complimentary drinks in the fridge & coffee are very good offer (but they should be counted towards the bill, I think).

Location of the hotel is excellent, just a few mins walk from Paddington Station, nothing can go wrong even it's raining or you're carrying large baggage. There're a couple of convenient stores & lots of restaurants around, in general, the environment is clean & quiet, very nice!

However, there's room for improvement of the House Keeping Team, as I found that the carpet in our room was not vacuumed (thoroughly) on some of the days, the complimentary ear-plug was not refilled even I left a message on the bed side table to request for it (I got it finally by putting the note on the desk).

In summary, this is a very good hotel though the room rate is quite expensive. (I think every good hotel in London offers similar rates.) Highly recommended.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Yoshi

Please accept a huge thank you for your recent review on our hotel and we have taken your comments on board and will react to them.

We do hope to see you again soon should you be visiting London.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

This hotel was so easy to find, literally 2 minutes from paddington station. The hotel is close to restaurants/food options. The hotel is very clean and in excellent condition. The room had a small fridge of soft drinks and water complimentary. There was a newspaper left on my door in the mornings and mints on the blanket after it has been cleaned. The staff were very friendly and happy to answer any questions and such. Bed was very comfortable and street was quiet at night. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Linforth, General Manager at Hotel Indigo London-Paddington, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Dear Robyn

Thank you for your great review on our Hotel Indigo Paddington and we were overjoyed you really enjoyed your stay with us.

We do hope to see you again and again each and every time you travel to London.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Easy to roll one's suitcase from Paddington less that two blocks to this friendly hotel. Easy to access Tube and therefore all of London.
Reception staff were great, -- i have never experienced such a warm welcome to a hotel, Room, though small was nicely arranged . We ate breakfast downstairs one morning and it was very good. But there are lots of restaurants and pubs close by. Can also walk to Hyde Park nearby.

Room Tip: Room 215 has nice layout, good size with king bed, looks out on London St.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Iowatraveller,

We all want to say a massive THANK YOU for your recent review and I goes without saying we cant wait to see you again in the future.