“Lovely Hotel with an Amazing Staff”

Hotel Indigo London-Paddington
Ranked #182 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed 14 August 2010

My husband and I stayed at the Hotel Indigo while in London for 2 days. Like many travelers, I found this hotel to be very convenient to Paddington Station and the Heathrow Express. The hotel itself was modern and very clean. Although the rooms are typically small, every inch was used wisely and it did not feel cramped. My husband loved the rain shower, in fact it was his favorite spot in London! However, as lovely as the room was, nothing surpassed the helpful and friendly staff. Thanks Antonio for all your helpful suggestions that made our short stay in London such a pleasant one!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank janiemae
Linforth, Manager at Hotel Indigo London-Paddington, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2010

Thank you for your review and I do hope the rain shower in our bathrooms was th eonly rain shower you both encountered during your stay with us in London. We hope you had a great flight back to the USA.

There are newer reviews for Hotel Indigo London-Paddington

Reviewed 14 August 2010

I stayed for one night on a prepaid Hotwire rate and was definitely not treated as a second rate customer. Brilliant location, a short walk from Paddington station (perfect for arriving on the Heathrow Express and leaving on the First Western to Cornwall). The room was indeed very small, even by London standards, but everything worked just fine. My room opened up on a small deck, but the machinery behind was rather noisy. The bathroom beat everything I've ever encounter in London: powerful blasts and fantastic rain shower -- a real tonic! In the morming I went for a walk in gorgeous Hyde Park, very nearby -- a perfect day and a perfect stay.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business

The perfect day with the perfect stay for the perfect guest. We cant wait to see you again. x

Reviewed 13 August 2010

Stayed at this hotel recently for a weekend break and was incredibly impressed with it. We have stayed in a number of hotels in the Paddington area and this one stands head and shoulders above the rest! It is very smartly designed and the rooms are funky and modern, with large flat screen TVs and a good shower.

We were lucky enough to get the 2for1 rate on an executive room and it was well worth the £80 a night we paid. Our room was 304 overlooking the road at the front and whilst it was a little bit noisy, it didn't disturb us at all and we slept well in the large comfy bed. We'd definitely ask for this room again.

We didn't eat at the hotel so can't comment on the food but the staff were always pleasant and friendly on reception.

The only down point was the lights in the lift were a bit erratic - you'd get in and the lights would go off, and you'd be in there in complete darkness - a little bit odd when you were in there with other people and a bit offputting! I did report it to staff but they were aware of it so hopefully it's fixed by now!

Overall, we found the hotel to be excellent, and it's perfectly located a few minutes walk to the rail/tube station as well as being within a short distance of Hyde Park. This is definitely our hotel of choice for this area now and can't give a better recommendation than that!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mrsjofus

Many thanks for a glowing review. And we are happy Hotel Indigo Paddington is your hotel oc choice whilst visiting London. Again Many thanks and we look forward to welcoming you back. P.S the lift lights are now fully fixed.

Reviewed 8 August 2010

Room was small, but everything was very clean and luxurious. Had a quiet room facing the back with windows that opened, and a very comfortable bed. Excellent location, a 1 min walk to Paddington Station and the Heathrow Express. A bit on the expensive side compared to some of the other hotels in the area, but you get what you pay for. Free internet available in the lobby.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank rg81
Linforth, Manager at Hotel Indigo London-Paddington, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2010

Thank you for your kind review. We are sorry you thought our rooms were small. But as they say the best things in life come in small packages.

Kind regards from our team and again thank you.

Reviewed 5 August 2010

A bastion of modern elegance minutes from Paddington station and St Mary's hospital, the Hotel Indigo provides lush, modern comfort and a helpful and knowledgeable staff. When I inquired about local restaurants the staff offered excellent advice without once mentioning their own restaurant, which I had managed to overlook on check-in. Free wi-fi, but a bit slow.

Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
Linforth, Manager at Hotel Indigo London-Paddington, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2010

A great review, which we thank you for. And hope you return to us again in the future.

Reviewed 3 August 2010

Never having travelled to Europe at all before I was a bit nervous when I was sent there for work travelling alone. I arrived in London late at night, made it to my hotel and to be perfectly honest, instantly felt at home. I stayed there for 4 nights and did not want to leave. When I was done with work at the end of the day, I repeatedly caught myself saying, "I am going home" when referring to my hotel. I am not joking! Really, a lovely, tranquil, clean little haven in the midst of London. My only complaint is that I am planning to come back in October and the rooms can only fit two, but there are three in my party and I am so disappointed that I cannot stay here on this trip!

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank Tandog111

Home away from home, Please always class our hotel a your second home out of New Jersey and each and every one of us as distant family. You and your family will be welcomed back with open arms any time. Thank You x

Reviewed 30 July 2010

Compared to other hotels I've stayed in near Paddington, the Indigo is much better quality. The rooms are large, modern, and spotless. A 3 minute walk from Paddington station so it's very convenient for travelers to/from Heathrow. Our only complaint was that the smoke detector emits a very loud clicking sound approximately once per hour, interrupting our sleep. When we spoke to the staff about it, they knew immediately that it was the smoke detector and said, "that's just the way it is." I've never encountered a smoke detector like this one in any of the dozens of hotels I've stayed in around the world. If you are a light sleeper, I wouldn't recommend this hotel because you will be constantly woken up; otherwise, it's a great hotel and if you can sleep through the noise, then it's worth it.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Katie32810

We are please you enjoyed your recent visit. We apologise for the smoke detectors making a clicking noise and be assured we are discussing this issue with our alarm specailists.