“Lovely Stay!...... Compared to Baghdad.”

BEST WESTERN London Peckham Hotel
Ranked #561 of 1,088 Hotels in London
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Lovely Stay!...... Compared to Baghdad.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2013

I am from the outskirts of Liverpool and even I thought this was rough. I stayed here, on a budget when I was in university, going to a gig in London city centre.

When we got there, there was a crew of about 12 teenagers, sitting on the step of the entrance, snarling me and my friend, as we walked in. We got in there and I had to check if I made of glass. The receptionist took about 10 minutes to notice that we had arrived. When she did eventually wake up, we where escorted. Escorted outsite the hotel (past the rooms that were advertised on the website) and down the stairs to some rough looking ghetto street.

When we got in there. We walked into the kitchen and were greeted by a Ugandan family. Where they living here? Where we staying in their home?! We got to the room (A locked room within the house) where my mate was really upset by the feeling of being intrusive in another peoples home.

At night, I couldn't hear myself think over the police sirens.

Crazy place and I don't know how they get away with selling people these hotel rooms.

Room Tip: Sleep on the streets.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
France
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2013

Peckham lodge was a little bit outcentered, even if some buses to the city centre are just calling at the front door of the hotel 24/24h. It's still a long journey. Nice room. The worst point was the breakfast service: late and without a smile! but if there's no availability found in the centre, peckham lodge stil is a good plan as a short and low cost stay in London.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends

London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2013

Good hotel... the only bad things is that is a bit far from tube station, about 15 minutes by bus to Elephant & Castle or Vauxhall, but the bus stop is very close to the hotel... during the night bus n12 takes about 30 minutes from piccadilly... the room is very clean, not very big but is ok.... ;)

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends

London
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2013

London Peckham is a nice hotel for a low budget. But it takes much time to travel to the center of London. We did not find a good restaurant near London Peckham and the hotel does not have a restaurant.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple

Lincoln, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2013

Honestly don't understand some people and their expectations on this here website. Me and my (fussy) lady stayed here middle of May, as we were attending a gig in Brixton.

Check in - Fine. Staff very helpful. Not as warm and welcoming as some people might expect, but as previously mentioned they are of a European nature. (Putting it diplomatically).
Room - Yep, small. Just about fitted the double bed, and the off-room bathroom was your standard knees in the sink job like most budget hotels are. Shower was fine, nice flow, hot, and complimentary shampoo and shower gel sachets are provided (been to enough hotels that just give a small bar of soap). Not cold however, just about the right temperature.
Price - Paid £52 for one night, in the middle of summer. Can't say fairer than that. We were in London for the gig and to see some sights, not review a hotel room. Therefore, we slept in it, we showered in it, then we went home.
Location - Definitely a little remote, but as others have said, there is a bus stop right outside. This will get you to most places in London, and if you buy a day ticket for the tube, you get bus travel included too. Works out great value.

Overall, I would definitely come back to this hotel, as long as I was getting it for the same sort of price. If I wanted luxury, I would pay extra. I just don't see the point in that.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dan H
Ryton Tyne and Wear
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2013

I was on a flying visit to London to see an exhibition at the South London Gallery and stayed one night at this hotel.
The room was small but 'nipping clean' as my mother would say, the double bed was comfortable and the bed linen clean and fresh, the shower was better than some in much more expensive hotels I've stayed in, included in the cost was a continental breakfast but I 'upgraded' to the English breakfast for £3.50.
This was also very good.
All this for the princely sum of £46.00 for the night. In London! Are they mad?
I would definitely stay at this hotel again

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family