“A very comfortable place to stay in London”
Review of The Harrington

The Harrington
Ranked #85 of 857 Speciality Lodging in London
Sydney, Australia
“A very comfortable place to stay in London”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stayed at The Harrington serviced apartments in May 2014 for a week.
We arrived a little tired ,but were given our room ( services studio apartment ) within 20 minutes of arrival.
The bathroom was quite large and modern. The kitchen although not large was very functional and clean with plenty of crockery and cutlery,a fridge, microwave and electric kettle and a small stove.
The bedroom was a tad small. King size bed, but very little room to move down the side a get in. It was comfortable and the staff supplied us with extra soft pillows as per our request. The bedroom also had to double as the dining room with a small glass table under the large wall mounted TV.
A free fast WiFi service was also available and much appreciated.
The cleaning staff and front desk staff were excellent and more than happy to meet all our needs.
The surrounding area was full of eateries,a Tesco Express and a very well stocked Waitrose supermarket. Transport was also very accessible with Gloucester Rd Tube about 200 yards up the road and plenty of public bus options.
All in all, I would have no hesitation with recommending The Harrington as a fine comfortable place to stay while visiting London.

Room Tip: We had a studio and whilst it was very comfy, we did look a the 2 room options and would choose that...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Polish first
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Very good location for commuting (metro station around the corner). You can find everything you need easily (Supermarket, Pub, Restaurants, Coffees even a Pharmacy is next to it). Very rare to find a space like that in Central London. Only issue the bed wasn't so confi but that's a personal preference.

• Stayed May 2014
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

When I booked this property, it was under the name Harrington Apartments, hence I was not able to read the reviews posted here in Tripadvisor, where it is listed as The Harrington. I came 2 days earlier than my family, so I was able to stay in 2 rooms, namely a one bedroom and a 2 bedroom apartments.

Overall, the hotel is only 2 minute walk from Gloucester station. There is a Tesco express and a waitrose nearby. There are plenty of restaurants and fast food (KFC, burger king) places and coffee shops (starbucks and cafe nero). The V and A museum is a 10 min walk away and Harrods around 15. Very good location, the rooms are modern and cleaned well. The spaces of the apartments, for the prices and standard in London, are big. I wrote "cleaned well" because housekeeping is doing a good job in cleaning the apartment. But they can do only so much when it comes to dirty carpet, scruff/dirt marks on the wall and peeling leather sofas.

I guess there is some issues with the heating and aircoditioning. I did not encounter any problems with the one bedroom apartment (but the reception of the cable TV in the bedroom was choppy) but with the two bedroom apartment, we could hear that the fans of the aircondition were working, but it was not cold. We had to open the windows to let to cool air in, but that meant that we could hear the street noise.

Overall, will I book this property again? For the price, location and if I will be visiting when the weather is cool, there is a good chance that I will.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank anufangava
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 25 May 2014

I have had quite a few visits to the Harrington which is a gem of a property and a great choice for London accommodation.

The Harrington is superbly located in South Kensington with everything you could want on your doorstep - shops, restaurants, supermarkets etc.

I'm perplexed reading some of the earlier reviews - all I can say is that, in my experience, the customer service is first class at the Harrington - nothing is a problem and if your request can be accommodated it will be. Mirka and the rest of the Harrington staff are great. The wireless internet is fine in my experience and the new owners are spending money on the property to keep improving services.

For me, the Harrington has been, and will in the future remain a great choice for London accommodation.

Peter Turnbull (Australia)

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 19 May 2014

We stayed on 2nd floor of this serviced aparment for 3 nights. Clean and fully equiped kitchen, two supermarkets and train station just short walk away, very convenient to buy groceries. Good Internet connection. Although no pool or gym facilities,
we had very comfortable stay here, will definitely come again on our next trip to London.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 May 2014

The only thing I didn't like was that we spent 6 nights in the apartment but I couldn't put anywhere my clothes because there was only one wardrobe in this big apartment and it was beside my partners side of the bed (very closed to him) and was not big enough for two persons. It meaned that I had to keep all my clothes in my suitcase while our stay which can be a bit uncomfortable for a girl. I think the living room is big enough for one more wardrobe. I had the same problem in the bathroom - I had nowhere to put my things, the guests would need one or two shelfes or a little cupboard or something.

This hotel was the best hotel I've ever stayed in London. The location was great, 1 minute walk to the tube station and many shops, pubs and other useful facilities. The staff was very helpful. The one bedroom apartment we booked was very big and bright, in the kitchen we found everything we needed. So it was really an excellent choice, I can recommend it to everyone.

Room Tip: One bedroom apartment on the third floor was really bright and wasn't too noisy although it was...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Petra N
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Right now I am at the Harrington on the 5th floor with my family in a tow bedroom apt
The heater does not work and my wife is freezing the internet works but very slow the carpets stink we asked them if we could go to another hotel but the manager told us that since we booked through bookings .com ther wud be cancellation charges I spite of us staying here for 2 cold nights
I am writing this review in frustation and with a hope that other travellers would take a lesson from my experience and be careful not to commit yourself with the bookings before u see this place please be careful before committing yourself your holidays cud be ruined like mine

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family