Novotel London Paddington
  • Room Service
  • Free Internet
Good 3.5/5
2,616 results
All reviewslittle venicesheldon squarebusiness parkkingdom streetseparate toiletbusiness areaexecutive roommodern hotelsofa bedheathrow airportcircle linetube linespret a mangerbuffet breakfastquiet areaeasy accessconvenient location
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I'm a pretty frequent and hard-to please traveler; so when I came across this gem - i had to give them this review.

Firstly, the location of this hotel is perfect, off the Heathrow Express and you are there with a 10 mins walk from Paddington Station. Traveling within London? No problem - the Tubes are at Paddington as well.

Secondly, the size of the room is generous for London standards. Very. I used to have problems when I stayed in London with a huge luggage but not here.

Finally- and this is the BEST part. I was checked in at 5.30 am when my flight got into London, and allowed to check out at 5 pm (as my flight out was at 8 pm) - no questions asked. The staff and Service Level was so amazing, all I had to do was ask and they allowed the above 2.

Simply brilliant

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Lingkunz
novotelpaddington, Rooms Division Manager at Novotel London Paddington, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Dear Lingkunz, Thank you very much for your review, I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Kind regards, Paulo Bernini.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

Location, location location: this little gem is at the hub of things, right on the train and underground and thus close to everything. However, as importantly, it is also an oasis of calm and peace as it is in the middle of the "little venice" canal system and if you walk to the left, you will find little ferries, small islands and weeping willows on the right with lovely parks and children playing in playgrounds on the left. When we were there, a barge bookstore playing Bob Dylan is on the right. There are a small handful of restaurants, cafes and pubs. But on to the actual hotel.
What drew us here was the fact that the rooms are very large for hotels in this location. This is true, indeed, but the spaces feel very compact. Each room is sparkling clean and neat. The bathrooms have sculpted sinks and are very tiny but functional and include bathtubs. Everything is modern with clean lines. A little tea and coffee tray are most welcome and right there in the room.
The window of our room faced onto an office building and rail tracks but isn't this part of the whole atmosphere of being in the centre of London!? The rooms were very soundproof and quiet but you may see people working at their office desks almost right in front of you!

This hotel is not inexpensive in my opinion but it is well worth it. Although some found the breakfast "basic and dull", I would highly disagree! First, after being seated, one is offered a choice of two complimentary and healthful "smoothies" which come in the tiniest little shot glasses and are delicious! Second, the buffet includes everything under the sun: eggs, tomatoes, mushrooms, fish, incredible English bacon and hash browns and a cornucopia of baked goods and croissants as well. I am sure that there was more! AND--to me this is a great innovation which I have never experienced before--if you are sitting alone, you can elect to sit at a little table for one with a little screen and headsets so that you can watch the news or browse the internet. Even if you are travelling with someone, this is worth a try: extremely practical, modern and cute. But the whole hotel feels tiny. There is an enormous (I believe touch screen computer in the lobby and two chairs where one can "hang out". There is also a lovely bar adjoining the dining-room. For travellers who are going to be out and about all day, this is the place to stay! You do not even need to take a taxi from Paddington but can easily walk the few hundred years, as our taxi driver explained. One night we went strolling in the immediate area and found pubs and a lively scene. To think that the romantic canals and islands and weeping willow trees are also within a few hundred yards--or feet--I think that one definitely has everything one could ever want. A haven in the bustle of London, close to everything but peaceful and quiet.

Room Tip: I have yet to find an inferior room on any floor! Although I have also yet to find a view of anything except train tracks and offices, the soundproof quiet is all that one needs.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank discriminating101

Dear D101, Thank you very much for your kind review. It is much appreciated and I can assure you that our team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I look forward to welcoming you back again very soon. Kind regards, Paulo Bernini.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

1. Very basic and dull breakfast in an expensive hotel
2. Complacent front office staff - couldn't handle a simple parcel acceptance
3. Wi-fi basic and not for a business traveller
All the potential- not realised

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Willie L, Thank you for your comments, we can assure you that the matter is being looked into and will be dealt with accordingly. Kind regards, Paulo Bernini.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

We stayed here last June 2014 and booked a superior double room for 6 days. The hotel is modern and clean and near paddington station. It is ideally located inside Sheldon square with a nearby coffee shop, a convenience store and restaurants to choose from. The room is a good value for family stay vacation and is quite spacious for London standards. Although I find it a bid odd that the design of the tub and showers are separate from the toilet. They have good buffet choices of breakfast to start a long day of touring and attraction visits. Overall, our stay was great and the hotel meet my expectations of a good stay hotel after a long busy day outside.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
novotelpaddington, Rooms Division Manager at Novotel London Paddington, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

Dear Loraine A, Thanks for your review. I am glad you had a good stay with us. See you on your next trip! Kind regards, Paulo Bernini.

Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

We booked a superior double room and stayed for 6 days. The hotel is modern and clean and is located near paddington station with restaurants and a convenient store nearby. The room is a good value for family stay vacation. They have a good breakfast buffet choices to start a long day of attraction visits. The room has an odd toilet design though because the bath tub and shower and in a separate door. Overall, our stay was great and it meet my expectations for a place to stay after a busy day outside.

Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank Loraine R

Dear Loraine R, Thanks for your review. I am glad you had a good stay with us. See you on your next trip! Kind regards, Paulo Bernini.