“Worst food outing i've ever experienced!!”

Ambala Sweet Centre
Ranked #323 of 514 Dessert in London
Reviewed 26 October 2018 via mobile

Was harassed by a male customer (imbecile) as i questioned him when he pushed in front of me in the queue. He decided to belittle me in front of the whole shop, probably as i was a woman. This was all in front of Ambala staff who did norhing as a result. Last time i go to this place again!!!!!

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed 7 October 2018 via mobile

I went to the one in Leicester while visiting the Golden Mile. The selection of sweets is great and they are clearly labeled with all ingredients which is great for me as I'm coeliac. I've been twice now while visiting and I'm sure that I'll be back :)

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 23 September 2018 via mobile

Ambala is very famous and have been in business for many years. When I was a kid my father used to go to the one in Drummond Street and would come home with the pyramid shaped samosas. Back in the day these uses to be extremely tasty and still are but not quite the same. I think the receipe has changed. I remember eating these when I was 5 and I am now in my 40s. The sweets are nice and my favourites are the motichoor ladoo and the plain burfi. Sometimes the burfi can be hard but on the whole they are very good. My only concern is that the food is not covered. The pakoras are good especially the aubergine and the onion ones. I am not so keen on the potato and onion mixed.

On the whole this shop is great within easy reach and is good when you fancy some samosa or samosas and some sweets to.

I feel that the best thing ambala can do to improve their samosas if they wanted to is to remove the sweetcorn from them. It doesn't really go but is not the end of the world.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 15 September 2018 via mobile

Can not believe how poor the sweets are- they are just like bricks. If you want to try nice sweet please head to Brick Lane for REAL SWEETS.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 15 September 2018

Try out the handmade vegetable samosas which are really tasty. I use to always buy them for lunch as i worked very locally. Also try out the ambala rasmalai which is to die for!

Date of visit: October 2017