“Absolute FLEXI FANTASTIC Stay”

FlexiStay Aparthotel Tooting London
Ranked #626 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed 12 March 2013

Booked through Tripadvisor. Such a great value for money. After my day long travel, I wanted to ease my self. reached there by 11.30 night and nice Guy named Clayton, checked me in. Gave me a full tour about the hotel. FREE self serviced breakfast in the fridge. alas. thats a deal. (HAM, BACON Eggs milk juice). MIND U its "UNLIMITED".Had to leave early at 6am and was easy to cook my own breakfast.

Nice Clean room + Free Wifi. tea coffee making facilities. hair dryer, iron board etc.
24 hrs service as mentioned by the guy but really didnt ask for it.

Would definately recommend it. and will love to stay again.

Room Tip: look out for house 268 as no board outside
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank mike f
Clayton G, Manager at FlexiStay Aparthotel Tooting London, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2013

Dear Mike F,

Thank you for staying with us.

We are delighted that you had a comfortable stay with us. Our 24X7 service team is wholeheartedly committed to offering a diverse array of amenities to make our guests stay truly enjoyable.

May I take this opportunity to thank you for having chosen the Flexistay Apart Hotel Tooting and we look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Yours sincerely,

Area Manager
tooting@flexistay.com

There are newer reviews for FlexiStay Aparthotel Tooting London

Reviewed 23 February 2013

The people here really go out of their way to assist you. Came early to drop off our bags before check in time and they offered us tea and coffee and some snacks. They let you cook your own food and have the fridge open at all times to you. Great stay and great experience.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank James A
Clayton G, Manager at FlexiStay Aparthotel Tooting London, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2013

Dear James A,

Thank you for choosing Flexistay Tooting for your stay.

We greatly appreciate that you took the time to write a review about us, as our guests’ satisfaction is our main priority and we are pleased that your stay was comfortable.

We look forward to welcome you again at the Flexistay Tooting assuring the best services always.

Area Manager Tooting
tooting@flexistay.com

Reviewed 19 February 2013

I found this place from a search by lowest price on TripAdvisor. (I start with the lowest price, then scan for a fairly high ranking, then choose an area of London I'd like to be in.) I was traveling solo and only needed a bed for the night, so I was surprised to find a room with all of the facilities for such a low price.

I was even more surprised to be greeted by friendly staff who took my heavy bag to my house and up the stairs to a spotlessly clean room. It had a cabinet to hang clothes, TV, a kettle (for boiling water), coffee, tea and sweets. The bathrooms were shared, but they were one-person size with locking doors, so it was almost like en-suite for me. (I didn't ask about en-suite rooms.)

Then they showed me the full kitchen with microwave oven, a cooker (stove), plates, bowls, utensils, cold cereal, bread, and (surprise!) a fridge stocked with food that I could have for breakfast (or, I guess, anytime): eggs, milk, butter, and more. (I'm surprised that more guests don't abuse this privilege. A couple of hungry backpackers could clean out all of the other guests' food.)

Overall, this is a great place to stay if you're in London for a while or if you just want a simple place to sleep and fix yourself breakfast in the morning. It's been a few months since I was there, so some of my memories are a bit foggy, but here are two things I remember:

THINGS TO KEEP TRACK OF: The facility is spread across several houses. The address they give you for check-in may not be the address of your building! Check the house number outside and remember it! Reception is in one of the houses, behind a locked door, and I'm not sure I would have found it again without the address they gave me online.

Note also that they have several locations around London, and each has its own phone numbers. Mine had both a land (wired) line and a mobile number. I think there's also a central number that transfers your call to the property you want -- but, I believe, only to its land line. I collected all of the numbers I could. (You might ask their advice about phoning instead of collecting numbers.)

GETTING THERE: From Heathrow airport, this was easy on the Underground. (There are taxis, private buses, etc., but all of them have to wind through London traffic and are very expensive. The Tube beats them all for price and, I'd guess, speed. Yes, Londoners whinge about the Tube, but I've had little trouble most times. Besides, London traffic is even worse -- especially at peak hours.)

If you're bringing luggage on the Tube, it's a bit trickier but still manageable. The Piccadilly Line trains all have dedicated spaces for luggage. Ask for advice about which branch of the Northern Line to ride... I believe that the Charing Cross branch -- which seems to be the most direct -- doesn't go through to Tooting Broadway except at peak hours. (Other times, you have to change Northern line trains at Oval or Stockwell and lug your bags between platforms -- maybe over stairs too?) I think I ended up taking the Piccadilly line to Piccadilly Circus, the Bakerloo line to Elephant & Castle, then the Northern line (this is the Bank branch, which is what you want at non-peak hours) to Tooting Broadway station. From Tooting Broadway it's a five-minute walk along the main street, then up Franciscan another few minutes.

Getting back to London that way is even easier because you;re on nearly-empty trains originating in the south to Elephant & Castle, then empty trains on the Bakerloo line. Ditto when changing at Stockwell for the Victoria line. So I had little trouble getting to Victoria station to catch a train, even at morning commute time.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank An0nyMs
Clayton G, Manager at FlexiStay Aparthotel Tooting London, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us !!!

We are pleased to know that you had a comfortable stay with us. We appreciate your feedback as we assure all our guest the best services always at Flexistay Ltd !!!

Regards,

Manager - Tooting

Reviewed 10 February 2013

I had a little booking hiccup when I found the hotel through an agency website. This quoted me £37 for the night and I prefer the full cost to go to the hotel so called them directly whereupon I was going to be charged some £50 something! On discussion with the person on the phone, I decided to book via the agency site, much easier.

I needed to confirm one or two things prior to arrival and my emails were answered VERY promptly.

On arrival I was met at the foor and given a full tour by a friendly member of the team. I wa shown my room which was en-suite and the kitchen.
I have never been met by such a well stocked kitchen in my life, all food I required was there and was told to help myself to whatever I needed. Trust me, come breakfast, you will want for nothing so I wont describe what was there.

I was in the room just off the kitchen, it was clean and comfortable (single). There was a fridge inside for the uber-lazy (there is a communal one just outside the door) but turned it off as it would have been too noisey to sleep with it on.

My only gripe maybe would be that because its off the kitchen, if someone wants to use the kitchen early morning you are likely to get woken. But, realistically it was £37, in London, I am not going to complain.

If you are arriving in the evening and leaving I think before 9am, you can park in the street outside for free... yes I really said that, you can park in London somewhere for free! lol Check with the staff what the times are though. At other times there are parking machines to pay in the street.

All in all, I would highly recommend, I would stay again!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank TimmyN_11
Clayton G, Manager at FlexiStay Aparthotel Tooting London, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us.

We are pleased that you had a comfortable stay with us. Our 24X7 service team is wholeheartedly committed to offering a diverse array of amenities to make our guests stay truly enjoyable.

We will assure you have a smooth booking experience on your next visit.

Assuring you the best services always!!!

Reviewed 5 January 2013

I didnt know what to expect because I'd seen some bad reviews but when I arrived I was suprised about the kindness of staff and the facilities were fantastic. I would definiately recommend that place! There only was one small niggle : an uncomfortable bed ( but it wasnt that bad )

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank WyastonD
Reviewed 4 January 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights.
My room was pretty clean (I'm allergic to dust and had no problem!), bath was not shiny brillant but it was ok. We did not found a twin room and had to book a double one.
Bed is a bit small, but confortable.
For me it was strange to have a kettle into the room to have a tea/coffee at every time without going to kitchen (very good!).
The kitchen also is clean and fridge is always full with necessary to have a basic breakfast. Do not expect to have the Ritz's breakfast, but it's good anyway.
Staff is very kind, we had a welcome present with coffee, some biscuits and juice. The last day they also kept out luggage till 5pm without problems.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank alula7
Reviewed 18 December 2012

My company booked me in for two separate nights on a Monday and Saturday and when I arrived on the Monday, someone came from the house next door to show me around the house and facilities. I have to say that the facilities were good in that there were full kitchen facilities and the fridge had adequate provisions for breakfast which you could make for yourself if you wished.

I was in room 6 and on the first superficial glance the room looked more than adequate with a table and chairs, sky tv, wardrobe ironing board and iron etc. I went out to eat and being exhausted when I returned, went straight to bed...this was where things became decidedly worse. I was ready for bed but when I got into bed realised that the pillow cases and the sheets were anything but clean. The pillow smelt of unwashed male hair! Call me pedantic but I like to see ironed creases in my clean bed linen and there were certainly none here! Upon further inspection there was a long dark hair (from a head) on the bed linen! It was 11.30 at night and having taken my contact lenses out could not be bothered to go and complain... I simply put my sweatpants, t shirt and socks on and slept in these.

The bed was very uncomfortable and I probably slept a total of 2 hrs all night - it was evident that the furniture had all been purchased from the lower priced items at IKEA; the en suite was adequate but when you looked closer the whole bathroom really needed a really good clean. I do understand that everyone has different standards but this was quite simply not up to basic standards of cleanliness although quite new.

I was supposed to stay here on the Saturday night too but chose instead to drive a 150 mile round trip rather than stay here again.

This is well positioned for access to South West London but not the most salubrious of areas!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business