“Stay”
Review of Wimbledon Hotel

Wimbledon Hotel
Ranked #705 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed 19 May 2012

Apart from no one there when we arrived, there was a phone no to ring for access.
Our room was very clean and comfortable and the breakfast was also very good.
The staff were very charming and polite.
We would stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank denis h
There are newer reviews for Wimbledon Hotel

Reviewed 12 March 2012

We stayed at the hotel for three nights while attending a family funeral. Myself, sister and three elderly aunts were treated very well and sensitively due to our sad circumstances. Our rooms were appointed to suit each of our needs and were immaculately clean. Memory mattress and pillows were really comfortable. Breakfast was freshly cooked and of good quality ingredients. Unlimited tea, coffee and toast was served by Sandra who was a breath of fresh air who could not do enough for us. Jay the owner made us feel like we were staying in a home. It was a guest house so perhaps it's name could mislead those expecting a lounge, bar etc but this was not a problem for us. I always stay in large hotels but will Definately be rethinking this in future. I hope to return in happier times and would highly recommend this to anyone wishing to stay in Wimbeldon.

Room Tip: Look on comprehensive website.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Bessum
Reviewed 5 February 2012

Stayed for one night and the hotel is clean and in a greta location. A little noisy as on the main road and no double-glazing but perfectly adequate for one night.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank NicolaJShu
Reviewed 13 January 2012

I have stayed in several hotels/B&Bs in the Wimbledon area and found the Wimbledon Hotel to be the best. It has a more homely feel than most and the standard of the room I had was excellent, especially the divine memory foam mattress and pillows. Staff are very friendly and accommodating, my only criticism would be that the breakfast could be a lot better. Will definitely stay again, and would highly recommend to others.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 December 2011

We stayed at the hotel for one night very recently and booked online. On arrival we were charged a slightly different price from the one quoted on the booking and given a different style of room. As my husband and I arrived at different times we did not realise the mistake until late that evening. Unfortunately the hotel has limited reception cover so no-one was available to speak to about this. To add to all of this, on arrival my husband was greeted by someone who opened the door but did not speak at all and just left him standing there!

The rooms are over-crowded with furniture that serves little purpose other than aesthetics and made it difficult for two of us to move around and get to one side of the bed. The room was also quite hot and, due to the large piece of furniture in front of the window, it was difficult to ventilate it. The rooms also lack any bedside lighting so you cannot read in bed. The bathroom is adequate but strangely they give you a bottle of handwash instead of shower gel - not very boutique!

Unfortunately the hoise created by other guests moving around is bad. Not the fault of the guest but simply due to very creaky floorboards and obviously no carpeting to muffle sound so we endured a very bad night's sleep.

We left the hotel very early so missed breakfast (which is charged at GBP7 per person) but it sounds like we did not miss much given the reviews on here.

I wrote a review of our stay at the hotel as requested by the owners but to date no-one has bothered to contact me nor have they posted it on their site, which is understandable, but clearly there is little point in providing them with feedback.

Wimbledon doesn't have a great number of hotels (Antoinette is probably the only similarly priced one) so you are limited by choice but there are better options nearby than the Wimbledon Hotel and not worth the GBP95 we paid.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 September 2011

We were meant to be staying at the Wimbledon Hotel last year for a couple of nights when we were moving house. Unfortunately, the hotel had to cancel the reservation due to some unforeseen building works. This, I suppose, is unavoidable. However, the problem was that the hotel did not bother to phone me to inform me of the cancellation, choosing instead to e-mail me and to mis-spell my e-mail address so that I didn't get the message. I don't think that e-mail is an appropriate means to communicate a last-minute cancellation on the side of the hotel, and this meant that I had VERY short notice of the cancellation, and this almost left us without accommodation at a very stressful time. Really very poor administration. Maybe the hotel is decent if you get the chance to stay there, but unfortunately, we never did...

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank Angoose77
Reviewed 13 August 2011

Beautiful Boutique style hotel. Very clean well situated for visiting the city and other areas. Very friendly host and 'Free Parking' which cuts down the cost to visiting London. 10 mins from the Tube (District Line). Highly recomended as we took a trip to Hampton Court as well and only 20mins drive away £4 parking for the day so a great day out. Will definatly use again when visiting London. Did not have the breakfast but it looked very good and would book this on our next visit. Owner very helpful and obliging....

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near London
Antoinette Hotel Wimbledon
Warren House
#2 of 12 in Kingston upon Thames
Travelodge London Raynes Park
#494 of 1,072 in London

Been to Wimbledon Hotel? Share your experiences!