“knocks the socks off a competitor in welbeck street”

No Ten Manchester Street
Ranked #277 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 19 March 2014

The rooms may be bijou - aka pretty damn small! - but they are tastefully decorated and with all the bits and bobs you would expect from a classy hotel. Even the a/c is efficient and unobtrusive, or you can actually open the windows if you'ld prefer fresh air

I was also delighted to find that wi-fi is free, unlike so many of our grasping hotels who still feel this is spiffing way to rip off their clients.

Everything here is spot-on, though one might gripe that there does not seem to be a casual seating area - assuredly there's no bar. Even the "pariahs room" - to where the cigar(ette) junkies are banished - was very cleverly and comfortably done and indeed, better than I have seen anywhere.

From a value point of view, it's very good indeed by London standards, especially given its location ..... and reverting back to my heading, about £30 a night cheaper than THAT competitor.

Normally, I avoid UK hotel breakfasts like the plague, but here an exception was made, and I'm very glad that I did. It's not flash like one might see in Dubai or similar, but everything is freshly cooked and good quality.

As my rating states - EXCELLENT!

Room Tip: I like the upper rooms though I think they're smaller, but assuredly they'll have more natur...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank veloiste

Reviewed 17 March 2014

This hotel totally matched our expectations, good location, well appointed bedrooms with everything one is accustomed to having in such a hotel, nicely decorated throughout, welcoming staff etc etc. However, we were shocked by a couple of 'discretionary charges' on our bill; one was for the man who whisked our bags up to our room on arrival, and the other when we rang down for a new internet code, I was more than prepared to get it but the gentleman said 'no I will run up with it' in a friendly manner, not surprised, as it cost us £6.75. The adequate breakfast was expensive too!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank juzag
Reviewed 16 March 2014

I stayed one night on business and found this hotel to be excellent and suited my needs well. The room I had was on the small side which was fine for 1-2 nights. Rooms were spotless. There was some noise from premises nearby early on in the evening but I wasn't disturbed during the night. The public areas are very well decorated\furnished and have a luxurious feel to them. The location was perfect for Oxford Street and the surrounding areas.

I would stay here again if the rates are good at the time. Looking on some of the booking websites rates can be really high and then I'd be looking at 5* hotels with better rates instead.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank DarrenMatthews
Reviewed 15 March 2014

Stayed her 6 nights and while the rooms are cozy, hopefully you don't come to be in London to be in your room. What I like: excellent food, dinner especially, cigar bar out back, proximity to great shops, restaurants, parks, underground and a big Fitness First facility 2 blocks away. The staff seems nice and interestingly mainly Italian. Rooms were cleaned well and early and the internet is free and fast. Being solo it was just perfect for me!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Steve C
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Really enjoyed my 3 night stay at No.Ten. I do agree with some of the other reviews in that the rooms are dimly lit, in particular the bathroom. I was on the ground floor for the first night and unfortunately was disturbed throughout the night by doors banging. I was then moved to the fifth floor which was much better, however the room was nearly half the size and I lost the bath facility! All of the staff were very friendly and helpful, willing to go out of their way to assist. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 February 2014

The room was very small but comfortable. The lighting was not very good. The bathroom was nice but the door was semi transparent which ruined privacy and it was not completely closed off from the room. The bedding was very nice. One thing I would say is that the air got very dry in the room, so make sure you open a window or get the air con going.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 February 2014

Now something of annual ritual - trip to London to celebrate partners birthday, afternoon tea somewhere, then cocktails , a show and back to No Ten.
Discovered last year after much research, and loved it . The look , the feel, the staff and service, wonderful breakfast (no typical hotel buffet here).
Last year only ever so slight niggle was room was a little cramped , however , loved our one this year .
Lots of personal touches , won't stay anywhere else now when in London, also a great location - short walk to Baker St tube, or onto Oxford Street and so on.
See you next year No Ten and Thank you again

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel