“Very nice hotel”

No Ten Manchester Street
Ranked #270 of 1,078 Hotels in London
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Great location, near to Baker St tube station. We arrived at 1pm but our room wasn't ready so we left our luggage and went straight out. I booked a deluxe room which was nice if a little small. Despite this it was finished to a high standard with a great shower. I had asked for a high quiet room and this is what I got. It was my girlfriends birthday and a bottle of chilled Prosecco was waiting for us in the room. Staff were attentive and helpful and I would recommend this hotel when staying in London. There's a 3% 'service charge which you either pay or opt out of.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

The location of the hotel is just perfect: 400m from Oxford street (Selfridge’s) but it is already situated in a calm nice residential area full of lovely restaurants (try the Lebanese restaurant a corner away and the Golden Hind, a top10 old stlye fish&chips place two corners away). Bond street metro station 8 minutes away, but it’s a nice walk practically all over the surrounding sights. We had a room overlooking an inner courtyard and other buildings and it was completely silent. No noise coming from other rooms either. Free wifi in the room working perfectly. The accessories of the room were excellent as well (hair dryer, safe, mineral water, tea, coffee, water heater, shower, etc.) Very clean all over, rooms are cleaned and bed linen and towels changed every day without asking. The staff is very helpful and kind, they can help you with restaurant reservations, theatre tickets, whatsoever. We had a lost PJ accidentally mixed up with the bed linen and taken to the laundry but staff was overly helpful in finding it and they posted it for us afterwards because we were already leaving. We managed to get a very discounted price via Travellink, it was definetely worth it. Not sure if the normal price is affordable but its indeed a very nice 4-star hotel in London with great location. Only downside is that the deluxe room was a bit small (approx. 22 m2) and the queen size bed bit small as well (150cm) but it’s possible to choose a bigger room even with terrace.

Room Tip: If you prefer a bigger room and extra bed size, go for a room above the deluxe one.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 June 2014

I had a pre-paid reservation at No 10 Manchester Street for Monday evening 16 June 2014. The reservation was made at No 10 as I had an evening business engagement not too far away and an 8.00 am meeting within a few minutes walk. As I was getting off the train at 2.30 pm at Paddington Station to walk to my pre booked taxi, the hotel called to say that due to a technical problem that they could not accommodate me at No 10 and that the reservation was now at their sister hotel The Wellesley in Knightsbridge. They advised that The Wellesley was a 5 star hotel and that I had been upgraded to a Park View Mini Suite. Although I protested that the upgrade did not compensate for the desire to be near to Marylebone High Street there was nothing they could do to help. I stayed the night at the Wellesley, the bedroom was excellent, but was disappointed with the ground floor public areas, both lounges / bars were heavy in tobacco smoke, I was also charged a £20 daily front of house service charge.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Watermark39
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Had a great overnight stay, stunning property and very quiet for London. Very friendly staff and helpful. The cigar terrace was a bonus for me. Superb outdoor/indoor smoking facility. All in all would recommend to anyome, especially a #botl

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We stayed at the hotel for 2 nights as we were attending a function in London and decided to make the most of it. We chose the hotel as I used to work in the area and know it well and the price was good compared to other hotels we looked at. We were able to check in early and had a room on the 4th floor overlooking some flats. Not a great view but you don't stay in central London and expect a view unless you pay for it. The staff were very welcoming and friendly and helped with our luggage without asking. We didn't eat or drink in the hotel but chose local establishments that I was familiar with but the menu did look impressive. All in all a lovely hotel which I would recommend.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

10 manchester street hotel is worth for the price. The hotel room is big enough for pax of 2. The int connection is very strong. The staffs are very friendly. To me, it is like one of those boutique hotels in the centre of london with great location 5-10 minutes away from Oxford St. One little minor problem is that the beds are too soft.

Room Tip: higher floors starting from 2nd floor have less noise.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 10 June 2014

My husband and I stayed here and loved our room. We would stay again for that as well as having loved the location, however, the service was not great. The doorman just watched us carry our heavy luggage up the entrance stairs, and no one was particularly helpful or friendly.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple