“Manage Your Expectations”

Ranked #571 of 860 Speciality Lodging in London
Singapore, Singapore
“Manage Your Expectations”
Reviewed 6 July 2013

We stayed in this service apartment (this is not a hotel and thus, please don't expect hotel services) from 7th to 13th June 2013. I would regard my overall experience to be above average because I knew what I was in for.

My family (2 adults and 2 children) chosed this location because it was close to the tube station, food locations and shopping. It was away from the busy London and it had a quiet environment.

We only saw the caretaker on our first day. Hence, if we needed anything (e.g. request for change or more towels) for our room, we would leave a note on his desk in the morning. And by the time we got back to our room in the evening, our requests were answered (my guess was the caretaker only came in the afternoon).

Overall, this is not a bad place to stay. However, you would need to manage your expectations.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Reviewed 5 July 2013

After reading the reviews, I was apprehensive about staying at draycotts, but I was pleasantly surprised. We had contacted the hotel the day before via their payment company, and the hotel rang us on our arrival day as we were running late and gave us directions to the hotel over the phone. There was a polite cleaner waiting when we arrived who showed us our room, which was great value for money with everything we could've needed. It wasn't 100% spotless, but for an overnight stay it did us perfectly. The location was near the shops, restaurants and within walking distance of the tube station. However, due to its location it wasn't easy to get a decent nights sleep, as it was on a very busy road.

• Stayed July 2013
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 May 2013

Please please please do not book here! I booked for 2 nights through their official website turned up as I had said I would at 8pm. No staff on site, just a mobile number. Called the number to speak to someone in broken english, only to be told I didn't have a booking and must be mistaken. They had already charged my card! I am not one to take this lying down, however all they would say is it's not his problem, call back tomorrow, you might get a refund!? And then he said this happens quite a lot! He refused to help me get another hotel now at 9pm at night. Manager wouldn't answer his phone. This was now over a week ago, numerous emails and phone calls later I still haven't spoken to anyone, been called back or emails returned! This fiasco cost me a fortune having to get a last minute hotel. I am furious and my next step will be contacting the relevant authorities if not the police.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
6 Thank seankeenan

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 May 2013

I could rant on for an hour but to make my view short and simple all I can say is don't book if you want a stress free trip. Such a shame as ideal location and the apartment we stayed in for one night (Apartment 7) was very nicely furnished, plenty of towels, toiletries, kitchen equipment etc but customer service is an absolute shambles - in total agreement with all other reviews. My message to the management of Draycotts "GET YOURSELVES SORTED"

Room Tip: Apartment 7 was very nicely decorated with all amenities
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank helenclairea
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 20 May 2013

We arrived after 9 p.m. and could check in with no hazzle except for late check in fee which applied in cash only. We had a nice apartment on the top floor (3rd floor no lift) with a small kitchen and small sitting area. Reception unmanned during our stay but we had no need for that. Excellent location, very close to Sloan Square tube and Kings Road, walking distance to South Kensington and Harrods. Don't expect hotelstandard, this is short term apartments.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank CarlSoeder
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 April 2013

Where to begin, this place is not what it advertised. The website looks lovely and the location is great to be close to Sloane square but that is where the up side ends. We had booked and paid for this trip through an agent 3 months prior to arriving and after a long journey to get here were greeted by two apathetic housekeepers who had no record of our booking. After standing around in a hall way - there is no reception, we were allowed a room. The room while nicely fitted out (we were in deluxe apartment b) had a small double bed and three thing soggy pillows that had seen better days...which for two adults makes for uncomfortable sleeping when you are expecting the regular bed ammenities of a hotel. Outside out door on the landing was an electrical box that emitted a beep every 2 seconds, so earplugs were also needed to sleep.
The welcome pack and extra toiletries and towels we none existent as we're any bathrobes or slippers, as advertised.... also absent were the housekeeping staff. We had our room made up once after the first night and then we had absolutely no service for the remaining two nights, even when we put the 'please make up our room sign on the door.
But at least we had a dirty place to lay our heads, when we came back one afternoon there was a scribble note on the door giving a list of names whose bookings weren't going to be honored as they were 'double booked'. Who is running this place we have no idea as we never saw anyone. Don't be fools by the slick website, you're on your own in is place.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank rocket1975
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed 15 March 2013 via mobile

Our room was on the third floor and was very nice, as was the building itself. My main problem with our stay was that there was no lift. We had two large and one small pieces of luggage, getting them up and down three flights of stairs was not a pleasant task. I can appreciate, given the building, why there is no lift but cannot understand why there is no mention, as far as I can see, of the absence of a lift on the website. Given this I information I would not have booked. Other than that the location was good and room was a good standard for the price. Please mention the lift on the website, my arms are still aching!

Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple