“not bad at all”

easyHotel Paddington London
Ranked #664 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 27 March 2011

having previously stayed at the easy in kensington i kond of knew what to expect. Got a room on the lower ground which seemed ok at first BUT i think its just above the underground line and tubes pass underneath every 4 minutes. If your staying here get a room upstairs. Apart from that it all went well. Great location on the number 7 bus route and close to both paddington and edgware road. Ideal for exploring. checkin and departure was swift and the reception girl was pleasant. I payed 50 quid for the night which for central london is reasonable, but for an easyhotel i thought it a bit steep. Location won me over

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank popstar1701
Hot3lManag3r, General Manager at easyHotel Paddington London, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2011

Thanks for taking out your precious time and giving your feedback for easyHotel Paddington. We are sorry for the inconveniences you may have faced during your stay.
Conversing on the concern you shared, we would like to share that we actually offers the room on 1st come 1st serve basis, in case you find any issue you can surely discuss the same with our reception and they will positively attempt to sort this out for you.
Furthermore; we are really grateful to you for approaching easyHotel Paddington & to share the positive aspects about the location and staff.
Once again, we highly appreciate your feedback as it will assist us in becoming better at what we do. We hope for the opportunity to serve you again.

Reviewed 14 March 2011

We've all heard the stories about easyHotel. I think you get what you pay for in this case is not necessarily a bad thing. We had a 'small' room with a window. The room is tiny, just a double bed, a hallway and a toilet/shower. There were some hooks that we used for our luggage as there really wasnt anywhere else to put it. There is plenty of easy hotel orange painted on the walls which was a bit much.

The room was clean and tidy when we arrived. We got towels body wash/shampoo in one and a small bin.

Our room was on lower ground, which actually means under ground. Our window that we paid extra for lead out into some kind of service hallway. No natural light whatsoever. This was the only part that really annoyed us, everything else we were happy enough to put into 'you get what you pay for' but we paid extra for our window and were expecting natural light. Overall we were happy with our little room, but in future we would not bother with a window, or would at least check what we were getting.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 March 2011

Yes the room is small, but it was clean and warm. We wanted somewhere to go to sleep, not spend the weekend, if you are a light sleeper then you may need earplugs. There staff were friendly and it did what it said on the tin Easy all the way.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Crumpit

Thanks for taking out your precious time and giving your very positive feedback for easyHotel Paddington. We would like to take this opportunity to say you very heartiest THANKS from entire team for your compliments.

We highly appreciate your feedback as it will assist us in becoming better at what we do. We hope for the opportunity to serve you again.

Reviewed 22 February 2011

If you want somewhere to stay for a short trip then this is the place to come. It's cheap, clean, friendly and great location to get around.
Accepted .... rooms are small and basic but I would rather pay for a room here than to be ripped off in other hotels i have stayed within the Paddington area who claim to be 4*.
Staff are friendly and are always willing to help.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank 01_UK_Traveller_

Thanks for taking out your precious time and giving your very positive feedback for easyHotel Paddington, we would like to take this opportunity to say you very heartiest THANKS from entire team for your compliments.

Reviewed 5 February 2011

Please do not stay in this hotel.
When I booked into this hotel for a week they put me on the second floor.
After the 3rd night I noticed small red bites on my arms and back! I finally deduced that it was bedbugs. When I reported it they refused to admit that they had a serious problem, and since I couldnt afford to leave gave me another room on the top floor.

I had 2 remaining nights there when I just kept the Light on, since I was afraid that they would come out from the wood base mattress frame!

Just wanted to warn you guys, that these hotels are REALLY unsanitary!

David

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business
5  Thank mr_davidthomson
Reviewed 19 January 2011

I thought this hotel was great for what I was looking for. I was up at dawn and didn't make it back until way after dark. If all you need is a place to sleep and shower then this place is perfect. The guys at the desk were great and very helpful with anything I needed. I would stay there again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank MFlores77
Reviewed 27 December 2010

I understand the hotel industry is competitive and and very cutthroat. But "no frills" should not mean "impersonal" and "frugal". The "no frills" atmosphere that easyHotel uses to distinguish itself from its competition has rapdily become the very reason why I now despise them.

I originally booked 7 nights here for December 2010. This booking was just something to hold me over until I found better, cheaper accomodations elsewhere. "Insurance", if you will. I did not consult their refund policy first. BIG MISTAKE.

Their refund policy is hard to find on their website and is confusing at first glance, espcially for those that are not accustomed to booking hotels online. It states that if you want a refund, your account (with the HOTEL) will be credited and if you do not use your credit within a year, you lose it. This is not the norm within the industry and I found this unbelievably dissapointing, as I was now out $500!

When I eventually found cheaper accomodation, I went back to get my refund only to discover that I had been duped, partly by my own stupiditiy. I figure since I had only made the reservation less than 48 hours ago, it might not be a big deal to get a refund onto my credit card. After calling multiple times, multiple branches, speaking to managers, emailing mangers' mangers, I received no response and realize that my $500 was gone. They do not list any phone numbers on their website for this reason, I presume (but their phone number does appear on the email confirmation if you need to contact them directly). To add insult to injury, they even charge a 10 pound cancellation fee on top of everything. And they try to charge you a bogus early checkin fee if you're there even an hour earlier than the certified 3pm checkin time.

So I was stuck staying at this horrible hotel, which isn't even all that great for the price you pay! The location is good but the bathrooms are not cleaned properly; there was a curly brown hair stuck to my sink when I checked in. Staff are well meaning but useless, based on my above issue. The rooms were small and non-functional and you have to pay extra for a tv remote (although you can turn them on and change the channel on the actual tv itself). Rooms do not get cleaned during your stay and housekeeping costs extra. Everything costs extra. What's next? An hourly rate for electricity? Oxygen?

All of this just shows me how easyHotel is only concerned about "no frills" and being complete cheapskates. I was basically robbed of $500!

You can find MUCH better B&B or budget hotel options just outside of the city centre (east end of the city, or anywhere in the tube's Zone 2).

I will NEVER stay at easyHotel ever again!

AVOID!!!!!