“Good for budget accommodation ”

easyHotel Paddington London
Ranked #647 of 1,068 Hotels in London
Bath, United Kingdom
“Good for budget accommodation ”
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Friendly accommodating staff, very compact rooms but absolutely fine for a place to sleep whilst busying in London :)

Apparently I have to write more, so Tripadvisor please change to char minimum to 100? I still have to write more. Able was I ere I saw Elba.

Stayed August 2014
AbidaA_12, Social Media Coordinator at easyHotel Paddington London, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Dear Guest,

We're pleased to know you had a great time staying with us. We sincerely hope you will drop in to re-live the experience. Thank you for your feedback!

Abida.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Taunton
Reviewed 5 August 2014

The staff are friendly, the room and bathroom are small but clean. You simply get a bed for the night but its a comfortable bed in a very small room. You pay extra for a window. It's ok if you need a bed for the night in central London but don't expect luxury. It's OK value but not great value. If you want comfort then best to pay an extra £20 and stay at a more standard hotel.

Room Tip: Pay the extra for a window
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

easyHotel Paddington is a no-frill hotel providing the basic facilities for a reasonable price in the heart of the city. I’m glad you had an enjoyable stay with us and felt well looked after by the team.

Thank you for reviewing us. We value your opinion and appreciate your feedback.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 July 2014

This is my first time using EasyHotel and if Paddington is anything to go by I would happily use them again - though with a few caveats as listed below.

First the positives: exceptionally well located for Paddington station (literally a stone's throw) and central London in general. I opted for a standard room with window. The people at reception were pleasant and friendly - I felt I could have asked them for help with anything and they would have done there best. The room was literally just enough for a bed, small gangway to walk around the bed and a little space to store luggage. There were just a couple of hooks to hang things. The en-suite was small - fine enough for me but if you are oversized in any way it may be more uncomfortable. The bed itself was surprisingly comfy. Most important things for me were location and cleanliness. You can pay the same price for a B&B if you are lucky but cleanliness, staff and facilities may be pot luck.

Second, the caveats: potentially not for you if you want to 'live' in your hotel room or do anything other than sleep on the bed. I took heed of earlier comments and asked for a top floor room - there was some noise but nothing I haven't had in more expensive hotels over the years. I had a window which faced the street which was a nice London vista. I am not sure I would have liked the windowless rooms even if i was just sleeping there. Wouldn't bother with the remote control - just go for wifi and use your laptop for better choice and reception.

Room Tip: Don't choose the BT wifi... choose the other one (there are only two). BT is awful slow, other o...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank RomanoGatto
Dear Romano,

Welcome to the easyHotel Paddington family and thank you for such a lovely and detailed account of your experience with us.

It's nice to know you liked the location and the hotel facilities perfectly suited your needs. Your comments about the front desk service is very encouraging, and it motivates us to go the extra mile to ensure maximum satisfaction. Looking forward for your future visits!

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights on my own, and had no problems. I chose a room with a window, and was glad I did as I'm sure the room could have felt very claustrophobic without one! As it was, it was very small (as everyone else points out!) and I'm not sure I'd want to share the room with anyone, despite the double bed. But despite the size, it was very clean, in an excellent location - the bus from Oxford Street dropped me right outside the door - and the bed was comfortable. For the price I paid, and only a couple of days before my stay, I couldn't have asked for more.

Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Emma S
AbidaA_12, Social Media Coordinator at easyHotel Paddington London, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Dear Emma,

Thank you for recommending us on TripAdvisor.

It sounds as though our location was perfectly suited for all your needs. I'm glad we were able to make your visit memorable.
Thank you again. We shall look forward to your next visit.

usa
Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

We went for a double room with no windows and stayed for two nights. We did not pay extra for the tv remote but the tv was tiny.
The location could not be better, it it very close to all public transport.
We were pleasantly surprised that the hotel supplies decent sized towels and both shampoo and hand soap. We were expecting to pay extra (this is the case with other budget chains in London).
The wifi was rather expensive but that is an issue I've experienced in more expensive London hotels.
Our room was surprisingly large and very clean. The bed was quite comfortable and the bathroom was adequate.
This is a great choice if you are just looking for a cheap, clean and safe place to sleep in London.
We will be returning in the future.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank zero_0090
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. It's great to hear you had a fabulous experience staying with us. Please be assured that I have passed on your concerns to the relevant departments.

I'm glad to know you'll be visiting us again in future.

Best regards,
London
Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

As others have said, what do you expect from these prices?
One night stay if you're catching an early train is enough but forget it if you're looking for a weekend break away.
Rooms are so small I'm surprised they got a double bed in. Saying that, it's clean and the staff friendly.
Probably won't stay here again though, would rather spend a bit more for something that represents a room and not a closet.
For those of you who are larger, the shower cubicles are the smallest I've ever seen and you can just about turn from toilet to sink to shower.
Also bring your earplugs, if you're on the street front it's very noisy.

Stayed July 2014
Dear Zanoshi,

Thank you for reviewing us.

I'm glad you found the hotel clean and felt looked after by the team members.

I'm sorry to hear you did not get much sleep. It seems we experienced some challenges during your stay. I am sure we could change that perception if you would give us another chance.

Abida.

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Bog standard room has a plug socket! and a bed, paid extra for a window and bathroom very simple, ok to get ur head down not idea for a romantic break or if u want to spend time in the room, very central location the staff were polite and it was easy to find. Close to tube and pubs.

• Stayed May 2014
AbidaA_12, Social Media Coordinator at easyHotel Paddington London, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Hi Zoe,

We're actually considered one of the cheapest accommodations in Central London. We provide only the basic facilities and leave the add-ons optional for our guests enabling them to enjoy great location and not paying a fortune.

It was a pleasure to have you stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Regards,