“NO REFUNDS. You are nobody to them.”

easyHotel Paddington London
Ranked #117 of 823 Speciality Lodging in London
Vancouver, Canada
“NO REFUNDS. You are nobody to them.”
Reviewed 27 December 2010

I understand the hotel industry is competitive and and very cutthroat. But "no frills" should not mean "impersonal" and "frugal". The "no frills" atmosphere that easyHotel uses to distinguish itself from its competition has rapdily become the very reason why I now despise them.

I originally booked 7 nights here for December 2010. This booking was just something to hold me over until I found better, cheaper accomodations elsewhere. "Insurance", if you will. I did not consult their refund policy first. BIG MISTAKE.

Their refund policy is hard to find on their website and is confusing at first glance, espcially for those that are not accustomed to booking hotels online. It states that if you want a refund, your account (with the HOTEL) will be credited and if you do not use your credit within a year, you lose it. This is not the norm within the industry and I found this unbelievably dissapointing, as I was now out $500!

When I eventually found cheaper accomodation, I went back to get my refund only to discover that I had been duped, partly by my own stupiditiy. I figure since I had only made the reservation less than 48 hours ago, it might not be a big deal to get a refund onto my credit card. After calling multiple times, multiple branches, speaking to managers, emailing mangers' mangers, I received no response and realize that my $500 was gone. They do not list any phone numbers on their website for this reason, I presume (but their phone number does appear on the email confirmation if you need to contact them directly). To add insult to injury, they even charge a 10 pound cancellation fee on top of everything. And they try to charge you a bogus early checkin fee if you're there even an hour earlier than the certified 3pm checkin time.

So I was stuck staying at this horrible hotel, which isn't even all that great for the price you pay! The location is good but the bathrooms are not cleaned properly; there was a curly brown hair stuck to my sink when I checked in. Staff are well meaning but useless, based on my above issue. The rooms were small and non-functional and you have to pay extra for a tv remote (although you can turn them on and change the channel on the actual tv itself). Rooms do not get cleaned during your stay and housekeeping costs extra. Everything costs extra. What's next? An hourly rate for electricity? Oxygen?

All of this just shows me how easyHotel is only concerned about "no frills" and being complete cheapskates. I was basically robbed of $500!

You can find MUCH better B&B or budget hotel options just outside of the city centre (east end of the city, or anywhere in the tube's Zone 2).

I will NEVER stay at easyHotel ever again!

AVOID!!!!!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled solo
7 Thank derek890

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
London
Reviewed 26 November 2010

As others have said - you really do get what you pay for. Room is literally no bigger than the bed, the bathrooms take compactness to a whole other level. But on the upside if all your looking for is a clean room and a place to sleep at night then for the price you can't beat easyHotels.

Rooms do have bit of an 'industrial' feel to them with no carpets, just some linoleum flooring. Isn't much space if any in some rooms for suitcases, but location wise its not bad and as I only used the place to sleep at night then it did the job for me.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
Szilvasvarad, Hungary
Reviewed 26 November 2010

My girlfriend and myself have been travelling around for the world to many destinations over the past 3 years and this hotel/room ranks as one of the worst places we have had the misfortune to stay, and believe me when I say that we been to places like Cambodia, India, Vietnam, China and all over Europe.
The room cost £65 and when we arrived at 10am we were told that we could not check-in until 3pm . Asking about leaving our bag we were told it would cost £2. We booked a double room but we were only supplied with one towel. The room was like a shoe box.. the double bed was jammed against 3 partitions and the other side had a 1 foot walkway. The shower was a 4 foot cubicle that they also managed to squeeze in a washbasin and toilet. The window wasn't able to be open. So in summing up.. the room was extremely small and very expensive.
You pay your money and take your chances I'm afraid!!

2 Thank MAILITO

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

London
Reviewed 23 November 2010

This was my second stay at an easyHotel. Like my previous stay (at the easyHotel Victoria), facilities were basic, compact (total room size including ensuite shower was approx 12ft x 6ft) but clean and VERY cheap.

For those thinking about booking - be under no illusions, easyHotels really are a no frills experience. As long as all you need is a clean bed and a shower they're great. If you have any higher expectations, I'd advise you stay elsewhere!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled solo
Muscat
Reviewed 20 November 2010

*the rooms were tiny
*uncomfortable
*we had luggage and we had to drag them up 3 flights of stairs
*claustrophobic
* the orange wall in the room made us want to puke
* we took the room with the window and it felt stuffy! Cant imagine the room without windows!

Many of you may ask, why the fuss, didnt you know about this already? YES we did and fell for their trap (lowww tariff)! However we wouldnt have minded spending a little more and staying in a comfortable place in hindsight!

1 Thank Sunayana
Portugal
Reviewed 9 November 2010

We for 2 nights in this hotel, and we got exactly what we want. A clean and cheap bed, in the center of london, in a safe zone, with lots of transports around and in a safe zone.
We went only for leisure & shooping, and the bus station in the front of the hotel took us only in 5 minutes to oxford street and Picadily, no tube, no stairs, nothing, and lots of 24/24h buses cross this street every hour.
What can we expect more?
For sure we will be back.

Port Coquitlam, Canada
Reviewed 22 October 2010

I really don't understand what the other reviewers thought they were getting! If you fly with EasyJet, you know it'll be basic but cheap and the same applies to this EasyHotel. Brilliant location right by Paddington station, spotlessly clean and seriously cheap (at least £100 cheaper than Premier Inns, Travellodges etc).

The rooms *are* tiny but you're well-warned about this on the website and I don't go to London to spend all my time in my room. The bathrooms are small but functional - think ferry cabin. You can pay extra for wifi, TV, early check-in, late check-out etc - if you could have rented an iron too, this would have been perfect!

I will definitely stay again and will be recommending it to everyone.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled solo