“Expensive, but it is central London.”

Shaftesbury Metropolis London Hyde Park
Ranked #318 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 2 June 2014

The receptionist was friendly and efficient, the corridors to our room would have been a bit tricky had we been travelling with large luggage, and we did have an initial struggle with the electronic lock on our room door. The room itself, however, was clean and comfortable. It may not have been expansive, but it was not cramped either, and was perfectly adequate for our overnight stay. The room was quiet, the bed comfortable, and the air conditioning quiet, efficient and easy to control. We were surprised not to find a bar on the premises, although drinks could have been had by way of room service, but the pub just over the road was comfortable, welcoming and well stocked with food and drink. We gave the hotel breakfast a miss as expensive for just a Continental, but felt well rested after a good nights' sleep!

• Stayed: May 2014
AparnaSabharwal, Manager at Shaftesbury Metropolis London Hyde Park, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking time to share your wonderful review.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent stays with us. I will certainly pass your feedback to all reception staff .Thank you for your positive comments about the Hotel.
Hope to welcome you back soon!
Gourav Gupta

Write a ReviewReviews (1,469)

Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

Really nice staff, proper greeting. The club room (twin) was big enough, with nice flat screen TV. I could not hear the neighbours at all which was good. Bathroom was amazing with good toiletries. The bed was perfect too. And they would make the bedroom everyday. The only thing is the breakfast price which I find a bit excessive, so I did not try. I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014
AparnaSabharwal, Manager at Shaftesbury Metropolis London Hyde Park, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2014

Dear Guest,

We thank you for your lovely comments about our premises & other facilities.

We hope you will be back soon and for assistance write to me on dm@shaftesburymetropolitan.com

Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

I was in London just for a night and stayed in this hotel on 19.05. My room was 803 and it was in the basement. honestly the room is big enough when u compare with the other hotels of that price category. I did call the hotel prior to my arrival and inform them that I would appreciate an early check in. I arrived to the hotel by 08.30 am and did not have to wait even a single minute. The check in was very quick. Everyone in the hotel was very friendly: Monica, Angelo, Raul, Artur
they made my short stay a memorable one. I definitely am looking forward to stay in this hotel again . The location is excellent and it's a superb value for money. Thank you so much.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
AparnaSabharwal, Manager at Shaftesbury Metropolis London Hyde Park, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us at the Shaftesbury Metropolis London Hyde Park and for your honest review which is very much appreciated.

We are indeed pleased to know that your stay was satisfactory in every aspect and was comfortable too.

We are also delighted to know that you enjoyed our services and we will pass your comments to concern staff as provided.
We will look forward to welcome you back to provide you the superior service and do let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Reviewed 17 May 2014

A good little hotel. The hotel was ideally located for my trip, it was easy to find. Upon arrival the staff were very courteous and helpful. The room was a double room, but it was in the basement and wasn't that big. There was enough room for me! It had everything that you needed and one of the best showers I have had! A couple things in the room showed its, wall paper coming off, paint chipped, but other wise great. breakfast was good, good choice of food and people helpful. Enjoyed the stay and would go there again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
AparnaSabharwal, Manager at Shaftesbury Metropolis London Hyde Park, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent booking with us here at the Shaftesbury Metropolis London Hyde Park.
Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. By telling us you feedback especially about room ,it really gives us an boost to work more hard.
Please write to me on - dm@shaftesburymetropolitan.com and please advise your room number so that we can do the necessary changes as mentioned.
Thank you again for taking the time to complete the survey. Look forward to have you back.

Reviewed 17 May 2014

We stayed at the Shaftesbury Metropolis...
As soon as we walked in the hotel, we was greeted by a friendly reception, check-in was quick and efficient, we was told that we was upgraded from a double to a club room...upon entering our room we found that we was given complimentary bottle of wine, which was a very kind gesture.

Room was very clean, and every time we left our room we was always greeted by the friendly staff..Specially Monica.. she was very helpful .... Breakfast was delicious...

Yes i would definitely go back to the Shaftesbury Metropolis and will most definitely recommend this hotel..

Room Tip: Club Rooms are good
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us at the Shaftesbury Metropolis.

I am writing to personally thank you for your stay with us & I am glad you enjoyed your stay. We will certainly keep our good work to make guest happy. I will pass your comments to mentioned staff.

We will look forward to welcome you back and do let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

I was given an extremely small room, under street level, very uncomfortable, you had to move around the room as if on a boat. I took it because there was a strike on the subway and it was very late when I got there.
The wifi was very slow.
The staff was friendly, the rest was fine.

Room Tip: Check that the room has a reasonable size.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
AparnaSabharwal, Manager at Shaftesbury Metropolis London Hyde Park, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for choosing Shaftesbury Metropolis for your recent stay with us. I was very sorry to read about your stay at the hotel. We always appreciate feedback from our guests as this helps us to improve our service and product.
We hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed 9 May 2014

At first, I had been negatively surprised by the receptionist saying would not be possible to stay on the hotel I booked (Nothing Hill) and that I would need to stay at a hotel from the same chain, located on a different area (Paddington). At the end, was a very nice area.

When you plan a touristic trip, the last thing you want is a involuntary change of plans, specially regarding the place you are supposed to stay, right?

The hotel accommodations were very clean and the staff friendly. I recommend do not order the breakfast, you have dozens of good options around.

I thought people were overreacting, but the rooms were very small! I did not really cared because I practically used the room only to sleep. Honors to the bed, very, very comfy.

Room Tip: Book the Club Rooms if possible, they are "less small".
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
AparnaSabharwal, Manager at Shaftesbury Metropolis London Hyde Park, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us at the Shaftesbury Metropolis.

I am writing to personally thank you for your stay with us & Just to mention, Our bedrooms are much bigger than average London room with all the amenities. However, please do let us know about your future stay & we will try to upgrade your room to higher category, which are much bigger in size. I will pass your comments to all staff.

We will look forward to welcome you back Yours Sincerely,