“Good Thai food let down by poor service for outside tables.”
Review of Siam Secret

Siam Secret
Ranked #2,162 of 25,591 Restaurants in London
Neighbourhood: South Kensington
Neighbourhood: South Kensington
Reviewed 27 October 2018

Good Thai food with nice little outside seating area but service was poor, with a VERY long wait to be given menus and to have a drinks order taken, then again a very long wait to get the bill. They need to keep a better eye on the tables outside. Food itself was pretty good, with some nice authentic dishes. Wine list was somewhat limited: being mostly at the low quality / inexpensive end.

8 Jun dinner.

Date of visit: June 2018

Reviewed 12 October 2018

Cousins over from Australia were staying nearby, we decided to go for lunch. They had noticed this Thai restaurant and suggested we go there. The entrance is a tiny alleyway, easy to walk past without noticing the restaurant. Once inside, it opens up like a flower! We were warmly greeted and shown to a table with linen nappery. The bar is small, but offers many options. The wine list is good, not too long. We chose a bottle of Rioja, a couple of beers and a glass of Australian white. All delicious. The menu consisted of dishes one would expect to find in a Thai restaurant. I can never resist the crab cakes! They were amazing! Four lovely, bouncy cakes, served with a fresh, hot dipping sauce and a small glass of lettuce leaves. Realy pretty. The calamari was served in rolls, rather than rings, allowing for more tender texture. The batter was incredibly light. I chose the papaya salad with dried shrimp, my partner opted for fried soft shell crab with his. Best papaya salad I've ever had, hot, fresh and crunchy. the dried shrimp adding saltyness. The crab was delicious, in a slightly thicker batter, but still light and crisp. My cousin chose the curry, which she loved and her husband had great tasting rice dish, the name of which escapes me at the moment! My cousin followed her meal with a pot of mint tea. The coffee machine was not in operation, so I asked the waiter to use instant. It was, as requested, strong and surprisingly good. We sat chatting for hours and were not hasled to leave. Whilst we were there, diners came and went and the "take-away" side of the buisness was thriving! I wish the journey to Earls Court station was less lengthy and tedious, I'd be at the Siam Secret every week! So well named. Determined to go there again, this hidden gem is worth the journey! They are open every day from 2.00pm to 11pm. It's worth mentioning that if you are vegetarian, you will be able to eat well here. As a person with gluten intolerance, it was easy for me to make "safe" and delicious choices.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 3 October 2018 via mobile

This restaurant is quite special is located hidden away Earl court station. The food is quick fast served in and the food is quite tasty especially the curry food.It is unexpected reasonable price so it is worth to try .

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 1 October 2018 via mobile

Five of us managed to get a late table here one Saturday night.

It is located in Hogarth Place which is opposite the main entrance to Earl's Court tube station.

I had Tom Yum soup to start, which was good and spicy. My main course of Pad Thai noodles was less good but more than acceptable.

We had a couple of bottles of Pinot Grigio to drink plus some hot sake after the meal.

Service was a bit hurried as the staff wanted to close up. The bill was over £30 per head but was fair considering the amount of drink we consumed.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 26 September 2018 via mobile

Visited for dinner fairly late on a Wednesday evening, it was busy with people still coming in. Beautiful Tom Yam Goong, perfect hot, sour, spice. Larb Moo (pork mince salad) was the best I’ve had outside Thailand in a long while, fresh, spicy. Green chicken curry divine. Kwai Teo (sp) was ok for me but my 14yo daughter loved it as not spicy but still balanced flavours. Would definitely recommend.

Date of visit: September 2018