“Friendly staff and very clean!”
Review of King William IV

King William IV
Ranked #679 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 30 March 2014

We had a private twin room with en suite, the room was spotlessly clean with new furniture a fridge and huge TV. Towels were lovely and fluffy.

The staff were very helpful and friendly, happy to give London advice. The free soft and hot drinks are a nice touch and I think we demolished most of the free sweets!

Room Tip: The room overlooked the Thames (Battersea Power Station) and Grovesnor Rd. Like all roads in London...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 16 February 2014

I'd been to a show in the evening and couldn't get home. A friend was already booked in here and I arrived looking like a drowned rat, freezing cold and rather pissed off! They had a bed available for me at £10 for the night. In fairness, it beats paying £60 for a taxi home! The room was a little small with 3 sets of bunk beds, however it was comfortable for a last minute one night stay. Fresh linen was £1 deposit returnable upon checkout, price included hot/cold drinks (excluding alcohol) plus breakfast which I didn't have on account of being hung over! I was showed to my room by a very helpful gent and also got free ear plugs which is great as the slightest sound wakes me and someone in my room was snoring!

All in all, it was a great find for such a last minute thing and I'd sooner stay another night here than pay £60 for a taxi home!!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank K1mbo84
Reviewed 16 October 2013

I recently stayed at the King William IV with 2 friends for 2 nights and we were all pleasantly surprised. As we were only in London we were only using our room as a base and a place to rest our heads.
The room was a good size and consisted of 3 single beds, a wardrobe and set of drawers. Also had a huge TV, DVD and CD player which was a nice bonus.
The bathroom was a good size and had everything we needed. As i am over 6ft, the shower was a little small for me, but worked and was clean so I cant really complain.
When we arrived we were greeted by the friendly staff who told us how to get into London using either the bus route (bus stop outside) or the tube (about 10 minute walk).
On one of the evenings we ate in the pub downstairs. The food was AMAZING!! and the atmosphere was great too.
The breakfast was good with a decent choice. and served between decent times.
We booked the room due to the price and were very pleased with what we got for the bargain it turned out to be.
Perfect base for groups of friends and young people.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 May 2013

Stayed here for a week. Even with the bar downstairs, the noise was never loud. Stayed in a 12 person dorm room, which was always kept clean. Bathroom and showers were always clean and working even when shared between vast amounts of people. Very close to public transit with a 24 hour bus route right outside the door.

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank Danielc66
Reviewed 28 October 2012

Amazingly large room on the top floor with 2 beds and a sofa. The breakfast is not as good as the windmill hotel in the same group but perfectly acceptable.
Good modern tiled toilet and shower, very clean and with complimentary toiletries.
Service very polite and smiling staff nothing was a problem.
Convenient location with bus stop outside and train station a few minutes away.
Good value for money.

Room Tip: Higher floor seems to have less traffic noise.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Robert H
Reviewed 5 October 2012

When arriving at the hotel te service was brilliant, polite and friendly. We had food which was superb, it's not often you get an amazing meal for a good price. Unfortunately the room ruined the whole experience. It was quite dreary, the decor was standard and quite dull, no colour in the room to lift it. Oh and the bed, now thy was horrendous, it was like sleeping on a concrete slab with only a sheet and a cheap thin blanket. I kep waking every hour as I was so uncomfortable, the bus and train seets were softer than the mattress in the hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed 7 May 2011

I stayed in a twin room of this hostel, which was clean, had very comfortable beds (but definitely on the soft end of the spectrum) and a good powerful shower. The room is directly above a pub and looks out onto the busy Grosvenor Road — and so can get noisy with traffic passing 24 hours a day. Beyond that is a terrific view of the river, this place really is right on the Thames. So, THE GOOD: nice river location, decent comfort in tall, airy rooms, friendly staff, free WiFi, easy transport links (get the #24 bus from Victoria or Pimlico tubes, stops right outside the pub and runs 24-hours). The NOT-SO-GOOD: no toiletries beyond loo paper so bring your own; this is not a peaceful location (but you kind of get used to the traffic noise); poor breakfast, really just the basics of coffee, corn flakes, muesli (looks like the cheapest available), sliced loaf and a toaster, plus "fruit juice" that tastes like watered-down J2O to me. All enough to get you started, but breakfast definitely not a "feature". In balance, residents get free hot drinks and soft drinks from the bar at any time. I paid £75 for the ensuite twin (room #2) via LateRooms.com which is good value for central London twin ensuite on a spring weekend with all day drinks and breakfast. When I checked in the grump on reception wanted to charge me £90 so had to correct him, so I guess that's their rack-rate for the room.

• Stayed: May 2011