“Speedy, cheap and massive portions.”

Chop Chop Noodle bar
Ranked #7,722 of 23,592 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

If you want stylish decor and attentive, friendly staff then go somewhere else. However if you cheap tasty food, super fast service and massive portions them this is the place for you. I've been coming here years, can't fault it.

Reviewed 14 April 2014

I was missing Singaporean food and visited Chop Chop twice (so far) in April 2014. It is very conveniently situated opposite King's Cross and St Pancras stations. It smells and looks like a Singaporean café. £5 buys a generous helping of a wide range of dishes from Singapore and countries nearby. On this occasion I had Singaporean fried rice and my Singaporean friend had ho fun noodles. Both were excellent and very generous portions. The service was speedy and friendly. On a previous occasion I'd had seafood soup noodles with a generous helping of seafood. Apparently the laksa (Singaporean spicy noodle soup with seafood) is good, so I know what I'm having next time.

Reviewed 26 March 2014

Chop Chop Noodle bar is just across the road from Kings Cross station, which is very easy to find and the location is very convenient. They mainly serve Asian noodles, soups, appetizers and rice dishes and they also do freshly squeezed juice and a takeaway service too. When we went there the interior was quite simple and clean and the food was really delicious! We had the fried noodles with beef in black bean sauce and it was yummy and very filling. Note, the portions are very generous! and the prices are reasonable too and good for those on a budget:)

Reviewed 19 March 2014

Chop chop is an interesting experience so I was a bit taken aback by some of the reviews on here. I really like it, it reminds me of the places I used when backpacking in the Orient. It's very much an eatery that's exactly as described on the tin or in this case the external facade. Before you enter take a good, long look. There are no Michelin stars or English Rose awards and Ken Hom will not glance up from his wok to give you a cheery wave as you step over the threshold. It's simply a cheap fast food stop, not a gastronomic dining experience. So, if you're looking for a bit of Szechuan foodie art on acres of white plate, served by sycophantic staff, it probably won't meet your expectation. Think Chinese transport cafe, harsh fluorescent lighting and bland decor. It's usually very busy and a lot of the clientele tend to be youngsters, students and the those looking to get a filling meal on a budget. Many of the diners sharing the plastic topped tables are Asian and generally there's always a bit of a buzz. People chat readily to strangers alongside, Commuters kill time before getting a train and tourists mingle with workers on lunch breaks, it's a great cross section. So, what about the food? It's actually not as bad as some reviewers seem to think, in essence you get what you pay for and the portions are very generous indeed. The black bean and chilli dishes are good and Singapore noodles with curry sauce are a great choice. My personal rule is go for the uncomplicated choices and there's quite a few on the menu. The Tsing Tao beer is also a good deal, half the price you will pay in other London restaurants. The staff, I've found them ok, they work long hours, are probably not paid a huge amount because punters want a cheap meal and most of the time they are rushing to and fro non stop, it's no surprise they appear to be a be a bit detached. You will probably pay around £10 per head, including drinks, for a pretty good meal, served up in minutes. Oh yes, one last thing, picking up on one reviewer. If you happen to be staying in the £300 per night hotel over the road, and feel it necessary to mention that fact, then................well I'm sure you get the picture.

Reviewed 11 March 2014

Came across this place as we came out of Kings Cross station - we were starving and the menu looked good from the menu. On entering the "restaurant" the staff just looked at us.... We asked for a table and they just pointed to one... so we sat down. The waitress literally chucked some knives, forks, a piece of paper and a pencil on our table and walked off.
After 15 minutes, we came to the conclusion that the paper was for us to take our own orders!
Food came out very quickly and was tasty and good value for money... until the last dish - chicken satay... completely raw in the middle. Told waitress and she actually couldn't give a damn... snatched the plate away and brought MORE chicken out! (I was not feeling anymore chicken)
Food was cheap and raw.... staff were vile... but portions were massive. A few changes and it would be a decent place!