“A huge disappointment...”

The Regal Guest House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
The Regal Guest House
Ranked #312 of 563 London B&B and Inns
Reviewed 11 August 2009

The stay didn't start well, with a very unfriendly welcome from the "happy" lady on the reception desk. Despite booking on the internet where it said they accepted credit/debit cards, she wouldn't take one; "Cash only" she grunted. It also said breakfast was included in the price we had paid online, so we were surprised when she told us breakfast would be an extra £5.00 per person per day.
Up to the room, which we weren't shown to, we had to work out where it was for ourselves. Very small, paint peeling, TV signal very poor, splats of god-knows what up the walls in the bathroom. Hard mattress, loose light fittings, I could go on.
Not somewhere I'll be staying again...ever.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled on business
5  Thank Loz1982
There are newer reviews for The Regal Guest House

Reviewed 16 February 2009

My boyfriend and I stayed for 2 nights at The Regal Guest House and while it wasn't terrible, it could have been a lot better.

We had an incredibly rude and frosty welcome from the lady at reception who quite frankly looked annoyed that we were bothering her. When my bf went to pay by card she barked "NO CARDS" at us despite the fact the website said we could pay by card. Very unhelpful and rude!!

The room itself was fair - Quite small but clean and with everything we needed (kettle, TV, shower etc.) However the beds and pillows were very uncomfortable and the room was stuffy so we had trouble sleeping.

The location was very nice with many places to eat and shop around the corner from the room, however I would advise people to look around before booking here.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank beakyboo
Reviewed 4 January 2009

We had to move out of our flat unexpectedly for 3 nights and stayed here as it is reasonably local to us.

The hotel is family run and the staff were very kind as I was quite stressed. The room was clean and comfortable and we could make our own tea and coffee. We were also able to park our car out front in their carpark which was great.

Breakfast in the morning was good and everything was cooked to order so nice and hot. One morning my friend who was helping us sort out our flat came to see us and they were able to join us for tea whilst we finished which I thought was really nice.

Overall, our experience was very good and value for money. The staff were lovely and very understanding. Definately a good choice and now having read the reviews of others in the area, a brilliant one!

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 December 2008

Loved the Regal, the place itself is lovely. Near the tube the station and buses so easy access to everything- Went here to do some shopping with family- the staff were great advised us where the best places to go and how to get there-breakfast was perfect have something for everyone-

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 November 2008

My wife and I have a young baby whcih always makes travelling that it more difficult. But our stay at the Regal was great. They gave us a family room with its own kitchen which made our stay that much more comfortable and easy. Very clean and quite. People that run teh place as also very welcoming and friendly.

Stayed: October 2008
Reviewed 19 November 2008

Great place to stay, friendly and helpful staff, very clean. Well located with free car park. Breakfast excellent served on hot plates. No other hotel in area could compare.

Stayed: November 2008
Reviewed 2 November 2008

I booked this hotel as I was staying in Golders Green to be near some friends. My friend and I found their website and the hotel looked lovely. The pictures showed pretty rooms that looked new and fresh. The prices quoted were well within my budget. However when I arrived, the room I was shown to was nothing like it had on the website. In fact nothing on the website looked the same about these rooms. This was after the staff member couldnt find my booking which I done nearly 2 months beforehand and wasnt sure of what room they were going to put me in.
The room was so tiny that myself and 2 of my friends could barely move. The wardrobe was so small and the bathroom tiny. I know that I expected this as rooms in London are always very small but this was tiny!
I went down stairs and the staff member told me to come back later and they would see if they could give me a new room, which to their credit they upgraded me free of charge to a double room.
This was was a bit nicer and the bathroom was clean, but it definitely had not been newly renovated as stated on their website. The paint on the walls was peeling and the cleaning staff, although very friendly, didnt do a lot of cleaning except make the bed and empty the rubbish.
Breakfast only went for one hour tues - fri and for 30 mins sat - monday so majority of the time I ate out.
The best thing about this hotel was the location, close to shops, restaurants, cafes, bus stops and tube stations. This was definitely a place of builders and workmen who were working in London from up north, as most of the guests were.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled solo