“Ok hostel”
Review of Hostel 63

Hostel 63
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Hostel 63
Ranked #568 of 860 Speciality Lodging in London
Rijeka, Primorsko-Goranska, Croatia
“Ok hostel”
Reviewed 9 November 2012

The location is very good. People at the reception A+++. The bathroom not so good. The bedroom ok, as long as you use it only for sleeping, but the purpose of the london trip is to see things and not to be in a hostel.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Málaga
Reviewed 1 October 2012

I arrived one Sunday really late, and like they had their hotel full, they sent me to their another hostel "Hotel Twenty Two", two streets walking. When I arrived, they sent me a 8 dormitory having to pay 70 pounds per week because they didn't have any of 10 dormitory free how I had booked. At week they said to me that I had to chance of room because in my room I couldn't stay longer, and they gave to me the key of a really tiny room for 8 persons where I couldn't open my luggage, I complained and after having a look to two rooms more I finally stayed in one room at the top of the hostel, there are 80 steps from the bottom to the top.
In the first week, one person arrived to our room and how he hadn't bed, he slept in the bed of another person. The owner of that bed when he arrived he started to shout "GET OUT OF MY BED!!!" AT 8;30 in the morning, but the worst thing was that in one night I was slept and my watch must have fallen down to the bed under mine and the italian guy who was sleeping there took my watch and never gave me back . A VICEROY WATCH WHICH MY FATHER GAVE TO ME AS A CHRISTMAS PRESENT, although I was speaking with the responsables of the hostels they didn.t do nothing.
The kitchen is too small, and they don´t have fridge, the cooker has to leave switch on during 10 minutes if you want to cook something. The cleanliness is awful and the people in this hotel steal all the time food and stuff. You don't have a properly wi-fi, you don't have anything such in their web page says you can find. NEVER EVER HOSTEL 63

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
Rogaska Slatina, Slovenia
Reviewed 1 October 2012

This is a worst stay ever. The room was dirty, so was the kitchen. I wouldn't recommend it to anybody. When we came back home, we talked to some people who were in London, they stayed in much nicer places for the same price that we payed in Hostel 63. The location wasn't that bad, it was about five minutes walk to the Tube.

Room Tip: Find another hostel...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
Tiverton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 September 2012

When I booked the hostel I didn't read the reviews first. When I looked through them after the booking was confirmed I became very concerned. However, most of what has been written is rubbish. I found the staff busy, but very willing to stop what they were doing and help. The way they charge for rooms is a little hard to grasp (if they upgrade you) and could do with prior warning, but the staff went out of their way to explain everything 3 times to me and I found them very accomodating.
The breakfast was very basic, but was free and very tasty.The cutlery was clean, the breakfast room was clean. We had a double room with bunkbeds. I'd take a torch as there were no lamps, but it was clean and comfortable. It was noisy as we were next to the bathroom - but its all about what o expect for such a small amount of money .... The bathrooms weren't brilliant.... but compared to showers at a campsite they were very usable. They werent filthy, but other people use them, so they weren't immaculate. Again, its what I'd expect from a hostel.
The outside area was lovely, though we only used the hostel as a base, so spent no time hanging out there.
I found the bed linen fresh and clean, the pillows flatish, but very usable. Thebed creaked, but it is a bunkbed... the stairs were hard going if you aren't very fit, the paintwork and carpets were a bit tatty but were clean. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask to be away from a bathroom as its very noisy. The staff are pretty helpful and seemed happy to t...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 July 2012 via mobile

Stayed for a week at the end of June. Not a very nice place but we were in a private room so not to bad. Facilities weren't great- the bathroom was out I order for most of our stay meaning we had to go up three flights of creaky stairs every morning and evening. Matresses were horrid and room felt very hot. Having said all this, the location is fanastic and didn't have any trouble with staff they all seemed proficient. Expensive for what it is really, but what else can you expect from a London hostel during the summer?

• Stayed June 2012
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 July 2012

Just checked in yesterday and had an absolutely great day. BBQ out the back with a tv set up especially for the EUROs final and great afternoon with geat people. Its not a 5 star hotel and thats reflected in the price. Loads of hostels in the area but this one allows fun. Good times. Recommended.

Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 April 2012

If you need somewhere to stay close to amenities and easy travel etc- Hostel 63 is fine- if you are a clean freak then stay clear. We are in our 60s- the hotel is run by young foreigners mostly- like their clientele- we found them friendly and very helpful..the toilets were cleaned regularly and okay the beds are knackered, the mattresses are worn out and the place has a well worn feel to it...but if you just want a bed for the night- its fine. the website ought to be changed- the continental breakfast is actually- help yourself to tea n coffee- in a tiny kitchen but it works..wifi available...I wouldn't want to stay too long- but what do you expect for the price...we thoroughly enjoyed our two nights there...and there is a lot going on in the local pubs too if you don't want to go into the city

Room Tip: We were on the top floor- maybe a bit quieter- floorboards creak a lot!!
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple