Hostel 63
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Hostel 63
Ranked #609 of 929 Speciality Lodging in London
Reviewed 14 April 2014

The hostle is well located, but not as nice looking as the pictures. The showers were alle black from meldew and in general the cleaning standards were poor. We traelled in a large group, which the hostel is not suitable for, as there ar not a room big enough to gather and there were not enough plates and cups etc.
Furthermore there are loads of longstays, which results in the few couches and chairs in the dinning room always being in use.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with BudgetPlaces

Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

me and my friend wanted a cheep place to sleep as we had early flight from heathrow and a late flight home.
all in all it was a nice place to stay but dose need some tlc all we wanted was a bed and it did the job the guy in reception who works days I think is very miserable the night staff more helpful and polite you do need 10 pound to have key which you get back on checkout
bayswater tube and notting hill gate tube about 10 min walk from hostel go with an open mind as I was worried about what I had booked but if u only after a place to crash before flying from londons airports or after a busy day sightseeing then this place tickets all the right boxes

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 19 March 2014

We´ve been there for 4 nights, me and my girlfriend had a single room with a double bed. The room was recently renovated, so it was really clean and the quality of the furnishing was absolutely okay. The room had its own washbasin and a little mirror cabinet, this was a big plus!
The showers haven´t been mouldy, they are small, that´s it.
There were some resistant stains on the ground of the showers, but we´ve used bathing shoes anyway.
First impression of the hostel is a bit negative, due to the worn off carpet in the staircase, but the room, the shower and the stuff (the guy at the night was really friendly) convinced us.
It´s location in London is perfect, it´s cheap and we felt very comfortable there!
What else you need?
PS: We never used the kitchen in the basement, so I can´t tell about that.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with BudgetPlaces
Reviewed 28 October 2013

My bed was so disgusting I was unable to sleep in it and the linen was damp. I have never stayed in such a revolting place and it is an embarrassment that the people running it thought the rooms were of an acceptable standard to present to paying guests. As well as the rooms being disgusting and unclean they were also not safe. Some of the bunk beds did not have frames on one side and so you could easily fall out of the top bunk , as well as this the ladders were not attached and some rooms lacked ladders altogether. If this wasn't bad enough there were also mouse traps under some of the beds and the bins had failed to be emptied so the people running this establishment piled stinking black bags of rubbish outside on the street instead.When we arrived we were told the rooms were yet to be cleaned for us and quite frankly I never thought they were cleaned and It really let down the local area as Notting Hill is such a smart, lovely place.

Reviewed 24 October 2013

Upon arrival firstly the smell was so ratchet I felt my stomach turn & I had the greatest of pleasures nearly falling onto a heap of black bin liners piled up outside the hostel door. The hostel was small, dirty and the rooms hadn't even be cleaned. (even when they had supposedly been cleaned it looked like they hadn't) In one rooms there was a mouse trap under the bed and in another a pest control box, lets not mention the used condom in the bin. The toilets were dirty and unusable. My room contained 4 'bunk beds' or i like to call them 'death traps'. These things were unsafe and im surprised they did not collapse on us. The sheets were covered in weird red and white stains and I found the occasional pube hair on my 'duvet'. The springs in the bed were poking into my ribs and the mould on the walls did not make for chic wallpaper. I did not even go near the 'breakfast' supplied. Lets just say that this 'hostel' is dirty, unsafe and basic (and that would be an overstatement). I would recommend not staying in a place titled a 'hostel' Ever.

Room Tip: do no go into the rooms unless you are Kim and Aggie or have no standards what-so ever and want to g...
1  Thank Elle_A96
Reviewed 24 October 2013

Being a bunch of students, we were not expecting much- but this was awful even for our standards. Our first taste for the place came of more as a smell, a decidedly pungent odour coming from the open sewers outside and continuing way inside the house. The outside was already an indication of what horrors lay harbored within- missing window panes, bags of rubbish and a decrepit building. My friend leant on the side of the hostel and a piece the size of her fist came off in her hand!
Our room was the epitome of communal living. The beds were a safety hazard. Eight bunk beds with sagging mattresses, some not fitting into the frame and creating an interesting sleeping position I call the "insomnia". Unscrewed ladders meant that we had to slither onto the beds sideways, the mattress shape indicating the same technique used ages past. Some had even tried to glue the ladder together with chewing gum (innovative but not appreciated).
The window was completely unsafe and twice the size of me with a see through shower curtain that meant the Mr sun came streaming through our welcoming window at half four in the morning. Whilst trying to shut this pervert's peephole, it nearly came down on my head and was affectionately dubbed "the hostel guillotine" throughout the rest of the trip. After finding a mouse/cockroach/rat trap under the bed, I decided the best thing to do was sit stranded on my raised tomb for a while. There were no bars surrounding it, which gave the illusion that you were haphazardly sleeping on air. The cruel delusion was that you weren't sleeping on air, you were sleeping on the plaster from the ceiling covered in stained sheets. That was a fun one in the morning.
The toilets had either no lock, no window (found that out slightly too late) a block of door missing at the top or all three. Going to the loo was also fun. And the showers. The showers had a transparent curtain within the eight-person room and were a pube land mine. I was surprised the water even drained at all.
Overall, I couldn't give it one star because it was a good price and provided much hilarity. If you are wanting to create many happy memories, come to "Rotting Hell hostel". It's brilliant!

Room Tip: You'll know you're in for it when you choose 48. We had the worst of everything. Don't h...
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Let's do the positive bit first. Great location. Great, now that's done. The hostel is in real need of an update. Poor decor, old carpets and cheap bedding. Clean, but very dated. How the kitchen conforms to health and safety I am unsure. Very basic. Tired and dilapidated. It could be made really nice with a bit of time and money being spent. Avoid until then!

Room Tip: Avoid until it's updated!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business