“Best bread in London”

Ranked #159 of 330 Bakeries in London
Neighbourhood: Marylebone
Neighbourhood: Marylebone
Reviewed 5 November 2018 via mobile

Winner of many awards in Paris for best bakery- how can you possibly go wrong here.
All sorts of choices with food- the best thing here is the variety of breads available for takeaway.
Sourdough, date, olive, baguette- it goes on and on.
Absolutely too notch

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed 29 October 2018 via mobile

An excellent French casual restaurant, offers a good quality breakfast, lunch and just hot drink.
I have been to this restaurant several times, and always find it of high standard .
The place has quality French pastry and freshly baked French bread for takeaway.
Highly recommended

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 6 September 2018

I stop by Mayson Kayser every day either for a quick breakfast or for lunch. The place looks great, the service is okay and food is quite good. Great Parma ham sandwich, top quality ingredients. Price are alright for the quality. My only question is: will you introduce a fidelity card for regular customers? Come on!

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 26 August 2018

Went for a late lunch the other day. I'm getting the sense from the reviews that this is a good thing to do. Before this, I've really only gone in for the baguette, which is insanely good and forces me to each large quantities of butter, with the result that I have to stay away. I've also had a takeaway salad, which is interesting, if not the best value takeaway salad in Marylebone. I haven't ventured into the cakes and pastries lest my bottom takes over Marylebone and De Walden and Portman start to charge it ground rent.

Service was brisk nad efficient - the place was about one third full. I wanted everything on the menu with a v next to it. I can see myself eating my way through this section of the menu over time. It all looked good.

Amazingly my carnivorous companion plumped for the avocado toast with poached egg and was so delighted with her choice that she hit the takeaway counter afterwards for supper. I was heading in that direction but got swayed by the French onion soup. This was curious. Firstly it was lush - a thick duvets on bread and grilled cheese on top did not disappoint. The broth was fantastic despite having no beef and the onions not appearing to be caramelised. One of life's sweet mysteries. Came with a very crunchy piece of toast on the side.

I had a side of creamed spinach that was a bit crazy - the spinach was wilted perfectly but literally swimming in a lake of warm cream. I'm not complaining - I'd be complaining if cream was not in evidence. However, was I supposed to drink it after I had fished out the spinach? Bit of a waste.

The frites are candidates for the best frites in the borough.

We had a glass of good, good-value rose with it and I toddled back to the office happy as a little pig in mud.

They have an excellent lunch deal that we will certainly be returning for - £14 for a main course, side salad and glass of wine. For food this good, this has to be the best value lunch in Marylebone!

Service was sweet and brisk. But I was disappointed to learn that the place does not operate a tronc for staff. FOH staff do not appear to see any of the service or gratuity added to your card payment. I'm rather hoping that this means that they are paid properly as they are in France where tipping is not the norm. If you want something to go directly to your server because they have gone beyond the call of duty, you need to do so in cash.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 5 August 2018 via mobile

Service terribly slow even with few staff and Only 3 tables were occupied!!! Sandwiches was obviously kept from yesterday dry;( but pasty were good. I find it so expense for eggs Benedict and they spread all the salad to make the plate look full. Salad were very badly presented only lettuce with some dressing and lettuce were not fresh. Eggs were on top of a miserable round bread. For £11 better just have one in the cafe like Starbucks or Costa. Honestly when they first opened I went there and never stop praising the shop. this time I brought my husband there and I felt a little ashamed as everything was so pathetic that I told him I will never go there again. My son love the pastry though!

Date of visit: August 2018