“For Your Eyes Only!”
Review of The Distillery

The Distillery
Reserve with OpenTable
The Distillery is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4,141 of 27,190 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$6 - US$38
Neighbourhood: Notting Hill
Description: The Distillery at 186 Portobello Road is home to The Ginstitute, The Resting Room, GinTonica, and a collection of bespoke hotel rooms.
Reviewed 19 March 2018

My wife had recently been to the Ginstitute's gin blending experience with our daughter and enjoyed it so much that she thought it would be a good idea to book the James Bond themed dining and drinks evening as a birthday present for me. What an excellent choice of present it was!
At just after 8pm we were greeted by our host for the evening and taken upstairs to the rather intimate boardroom where the table was set for about 18 people. As our host explained, the evening's dining and drinks that we were about to enjoy are all based around the experiences of novelist Ian Fleming and his character James Bond in the series of books about the very British spy. I will not elaborate any more on the content of the evening (they asked us not to anyway) as I don't want this review to be a spoiler for others who attend in the future, except to say that you will enjoy excellent, well presented food and drink and will go home with memories that will linger long into the future.
A special mention for the hard working and friendly staff and of course the group of people that we had the good fortune to share the experience with. Thank you all!
A small regret was that I did not wear an evening suit and bow tie a la James Bond, I wish I had, some guests did and looked the part, others didn't but were still all smartly dressed as befitted the evening. Most ladies wore cocktail dresses, it's not compulsory but an excuse to get all glammed up.
I can certainly recommend this experience, it's good value. Just be careful going back down the rather steep stairs when you've probably had one over the eight!

1  Thank alwyn1

Reviewed 19 March 2018

What a thoroughly enjoyable evening we had here for the Alexis Soyer themed dinner, excellent themed food with accompanied drinks. I found the staff to be great and very engaging, whilst Jake offered huge enthusiasm through out the evening.

If you are looking for an evening that is a little different, I could not recommend this highly enough.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 19 March 2018

What can we say, from the moment we entered until we left, nothing was too much trouble, friendly advice from the waitress and no rush service, possibly the best G and T in London....next time we're going for the Ginstitute Experience - it has to be done!

Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

Went to Gin Tonica. The service was awful we ended up having to go to the bar to pay when we wanted to leave. They even charged service. Drinks were ok but if you charge the prices they do you want it to be something a bit worth while.

1  Thank Dan C
Reviewed 16 March 2018

The restaurant organised a James Bond Themed evening with the most delicious tasting menu. All was incredible- the atmosphere, the execution and most importantly the food. Our 5 course dinner came with James Bond Themed drinks starting with champagne and finishing off with dry martinis and incredible locally distilled G&Ts.

My friends and I thoroughly enjoyed the theme and left absolutely delighted with how it all turned out. Their events are now highly on my radar and no doubt the next themed event will be another great success which I will make sure not to miss.