“Very good restaurant”

Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Mayfair
Transit: Green Park Tube Station Hyde Park Tube Station We are in the heart of Mayfair, situated opposite Green Park and just a stone's throw from the West End.
Description: "Dining at the Athenaeum in London has been transformed with a glamorous, contemporary new look. Using the finest ingredients to provide exceptional quality, the menu features a selection of classic favourites and comfort food. A daily changing Table d’hote menu is served at lunch and dinner, which includes a traditional dish from the Carving Trolley, as well as the Larder at lunchtime, a sumptuous buffet of seafood, cured meats and salads. Cocktail hour has been reinvented with a selection of over 250 whiskies, as well as infused vodkas, innovative cocktails and delectable nibbles to share. New design, new spaces, a fresh new menu and a fabulous location, with constant attention to detail, the familiar faces of long-serving staff - and a relaxed, friendly atmosphere. The perfect ingredients for a great capital rendezvous. "
Reviewed 4 July 2014

The meal menu and overall atmosphere is very good. The meal itself is very tasty and highly recommended to try.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

My family and I were treated to a first class afternoon tea at Athenaeum at the weekend. How different to some of the other reviews I have just spotted on this site and glad that I didn't pay too much attention to them. My husband and I have been very fortunate to travel to some beautiful hotels around the world and this experience lives up at the top of the scale for sure. The afternoon tea was presented beautifully and the flavour superb. The scones and banana cake were particularly stunning along with the VERY attentive staff. After visiting a few establishments in London....I would say ..... best one yet! Thanks to the hotel staff! They made my sisters 30th birthday very memorable indeed!

1  Thank Anne L
Reviewed 24 June 2014

The best afternoon tea I have ever had. Impeccable service & food. Wonderful choice of teas and endless offerings of scones and sandwiches.

1  Thank TravellingScot84
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Besides the wonderful location across regional park, a minute walk from buckingham palace ,and amazing luxury shops a few blocks away the location is perfect!!! The customer service i must say at the front desk is ridiculous.... me and my husband stayed here for our first night in london and our first time at this hotels experience was wonderful but returning here and some inconvenience of our card which we have no problem at all of paying due to the weekend with our cards customer service was close and had no problem returning in the morning to pay whatever due guest services manager serena zandegu had the audacity to insult me and my husband and when i say insult i mean discriminating!!!! i must say we are never staying here or recommend anyone to stay here ever... Not getting into much details but i can end and say usually you would please your customers for a happy stay and to return again yet she did not at all make us feel that type of way at all...

4  Thank MRSG0314
Reviewed 19 June 2014

There’s nothing better on a rainy day in London than a spot of Afternoon Tea. Lounging on plush chairs, chatting with a friend over a delicate feast is all I ever crave when the skies open up, as they do so often here. Today Michelle and I fancied giving The Athenaeum a try.

The Athenaeum is a gorgeous, luxury hotel in Mayfair completely covered in a vertical garden. The living wall is unlike anything i’ve ever seen and is very hard to miss. The tea room was relatively empty as it was reserved later for an evening event. We chose an oversized chair that made us look like dolls in a giant’s home. From our spot, we had a view of the hotel’s garden, and all the party planners running around trying to set up this evening’s do.

I love anything different and unique. It wouldn’t be worth going to Afternoon Tea if every stand was filled with the same sandwiches followed by the same desserts and scones. I’m always on the look out for what the hotel or venue has done to separate this Tea from the others.
Read more: http://alessandrabrian.com/2010/11/12/afternoon-tea-at-the-athenaeum/

1  Thank Alessandra B