“An Enjoyable Meal”

York & Albany Hotel
Ranked #668 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 23 October 2013

This was a special meal, for my partner's birthday at the end of a memorable trip to the UK. It lived up to our expectations. Attentive service. An attractive room. Inventive food.

Not sure how oftem Mr. Ramsay puts in an appearance here, but they're doing a great job anyway.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 18 October 2013

I have been a regular guest at The York & Albany over the years and can honestly say that the service is excellent.
The staff are so attentive, paying attention to personal details and requests.
The rooms are always exquisite and beautifully furnished and the hotel have always made a special fuss over birthdays, anniversaries as well as looking after me so wonderfully.
An absolute pleasure to stay.

Room Tip: Rooms 8&9 have stunning views overlooking Regents Park. Room 4 feels like a private home with it...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 October 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights with my wife on a bit of a treat to ourselves for no particular reason! Very glad we did too, because the stay was excellent!

We stayed in room number five which was nice and spacious. The decor had an antique vibe to it, but not so much that it felt too old fashioned or creaky. The four poster bed was extremely comfortable, although was probably the highest bed I've ever slept in, very glad I didn't fall out in my sleep!

The bathroom was very spacious in contrast to some of the other reviews I've seen. The heated floor was particularly welcome as the weather was pretty cold and miserable our stay!

Our only minor complaint about the room was the lack of any minibar/fridge or tea and coffee facilities.

The breakfast was delicious on both mornings, in particular the granola with yoghurt and the eggs Benedict hit the spot for me. My wife wolfed down the pancakes with syrup both mornings and gave those a big two thumbs up! We didn't dine in the main restaurant for dinner so can't comment on that, but we did have pizza in the bar on the first night which was very tasty, and the general ambience in the bar was a classy but relaxed sort of vibe. Was worried about it being a bit cold and pretentious but it was all very warm and friendly.

Can't comment too much on value as we were on a voucher from Voyage Prive which was an absolute bargain for us. Hard to say whether we'd have been as impressed as we were if we'd paid the full whack!

All in all it was a hugely enjoyable stay, with very little to fault!

The bathroom was spacious with just enough

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 October 2013

I stayed there in September 2013 for business purposes. When I arrived the room was ok in term of space, but the bathroom was very tiny. I would say that furniture is 'antique' and bit old smelly type, for sure not something I would expect in a 'boutique' hotel of the Gordon Ramsay chain. The bathroom has the characteristic two taps basin, very vintage but not practical at all, and in addition to that the water of bath/shower was not really warm/hot, definitely not really comfortable to have to rush out of the shower because of the water is not warm enough!!!
I would say the the hotel is ok, but definitely not a good one if you travel for business and most important, NOT WORTH THE MONEY SPENT.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 October 2013 via mobile

Booked through Secret Escapes after a bit of a palaver - miscommunication between SE & the hotel in regard to my reservation actually had a very lovely stay here it was just over too quickly! Could be better signposted to get to the hotel part. We stayed in room 4. It was absolutely lovely, very spacious and warm and welcoming. Could do with a bit of TLC as some general wear & tear! Antique furniture was lovely! Quite nosy as main road & traffic lights right outside the room! Breakfast was lovely! Would defo definitely revisit!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 October 2013

Visited York & Albany with my Wife on a weekday lunchtime fine selection of food to choose from expertly cooked and presented as you would expect from a Gordon Ramsey restaurant. The staff were attentive and efficient a thoroughly enjoyable experience. The only negative comment £2.50 for an espresso solo coffee to finish off the experience is the most I have ever paid anywhere even in Italy !

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 October 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for the last three days of our honeymoon. We are huge fans of Ramsay and always make a point to go to his restaurants so staying at his hotel was very exciting for us. Overall the experience was fantastic. The room was great (room #4) and had its own private entrance. There was a ton of space and we were greeted to rose petals on the bed. The staff was very friendly. The breakfast was delicious (I highly recommend the granola and yogurt - its toasted)...the ONLY negatives I would say was the wifi is pretty terrible and one staff member didn't wow us. Upon arrival he had brought us to our room but didn't mention or explain anything so we had to find out ourselves on the second morning that a continental breakfast was included, didn't know how to work the door lock, wasn't aware we could help ourselves to dvds downstairs (the little things...) and then the night before we left made sure someone would be there at 5am for us to check out because our cab was coming then and then at 5am when we went down and the cab was there had to make a long distance call on our cell to find someone to help us check out because the door is locked to the front desk. I understand a small hotel having to do that - but if you know we are checking out then you should be there.
Otherwise, it was a fantastic time. We are still huge fans of Gordon and will always make a point show up at his places :)

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple