Open today: Closed
Book In Advance
Tours from Wire and Sky tend to sell out - travellers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience Wire and Sky
from US$124.67
More Info
from US$131.23
More Info
All reviews olympic park free fall raise money adrenaline rush arcelormittal orbit surreal experience birthday surprise fear of heights great fun abseil harness safety instructor platform fears descend gopro
Reviewed 24 July 2017

Great staff to help put you at ease. God but little briefing which gives you less thinking and panicking time! Great to just get on with it and not sweat over it during an extensive briefing like can often be the case with these things. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED but wont deny - terrifying too at the start of the abseil.

Date of experience: July 2017
ArcelorMittal O... W, Guest Relations Manager at Wire and Sky, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2017

Thank you for your great review.
Well done for facing your fears and glad you enjoyed meeting the team. Hopefully we will see you again for another adventure at one of our other attractions very soon.

Best wishes from the Wire & Sky team

Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

My partner and I visit the wire and sky on Sunday 23rd July 2017 as part of her 40th birthday surprise.

We were originally meant to abseil on Saturday but due to the high winds and heavy rain, the organisers cancelled the afternoons abseiling. We were fortunate enough to be able to be squeezed into a pre-opening morning session at 9am before the venue officially opened at 10am.

I have to say that my partner and I were so very impressed with the instructional staff from start to finish. They were professional, polite, calm and informative and that's exactly what we need when we were both feeling a little apprehensive.

Colin was my instructor and he was spot on!

It's a whopping 185ft free fall so be prepared for a few "moments" of your scared of heights because it's a fair distance above ground level and the people in the Olympic park looked like ants from where we were standing!

The abseil can be as fast or as slow as you want it to be so once your off the ledge you can fill ya boots with your speed (as long as u don't go too crazy as the safety mechanism will kick in and slow u down).

Once on the ground we were safely released from our harnesses, given a certificate of completion and then invited back up to the viewing gallery for another look.

It's worthy of note that you will receive a discounted pass for the slide (£5 instead of £15) should you wish to partake.

All in all, a great experience even if the £85 PP price tag seems a little expensive when you book initially (you can see by the number of staff and the safety measures why is costs that much).

A must do!

1  Thank Pringlethepug
Management response:Responded 24 July 2017

Thank you for your fantastic review. We are sorry the weather affected your being able to take part on Saturday. We do our best to anticipate bad weather that will affect our abseiling but occasionally it catches us out! We really appreciate you being flexible enough to come along on Sunday morning and are so pleased you enjoyed it.

Very best wishes from the Wire & Sky team

Reviewed 20 July 2017

Having signed up for a charity abseil, I became more terrified about the freefall bit as the day drew near. However, the Wire & Sky team were fantastic and my worries all but disappeared once I saw the whole set up. Yes, being on the open platform at the top is scary, but you are hooked on the whole time and are engaging with the instructors so you don't have a lot of opportunity to get worried. Safety is clearly their priority, but not at the expense of making you feel at ease or having fun. You control the speed of your descent and it's actually a really enjoyable experience. I got the Go-Pro too so I have a permanent record of it. If you can descend with someone you know, I would recommend it - my sister and I were able to chat as we came down, and had a great sense of achievement once complete. I would definitely do another Wire & Sky experience having seen how safe and professional they are.

Management response:Responded 24 July 2017

Thank you for your great review. We are so pleased that you and your sister enjoyed yourselves. Congratulations on raising money for your chosen charity and facing your fears!

Best wishes from the Wire & Sky team

p.s. If you are interested in doing more adventures with us you can follow us on social media #wireandsky as we will be announcing some new adventures in the coming months.

Reviewed 16 July 2017

The abseil was a delayed 50th birthday present to myself and it was worth the year long wait. Brilliant once you get over your natural fear of going over the edge. The actual abseil felt very gentle - you control the speed. The Wire & Sky team were all very friendly - from 'checking in' to getting you over the edge.

Date of experience: July 2017

Thank you for your lovely review and a happy belated birthday!
We are glad you decided to come along and face your fears to abseil with us. Our helpful, friendly team work hard to make everyone feel at ease for the adventure ahead. Hopefully we will see you again soon for another adventure.
Best wishes from the Wire & Sky team.

Reviewed 15 July 2017

Just had a fabulous day at ArcelorMittal orbit. Conquered my fear of heights thanks to the very patient instructors. Many thanks to Kevin and Paige who allowed us to buy tickets for the slide on the day as it was for my birthday. If you want an activity that makes you laugh and whoop from beginning to end the slide is a must!