Open today: Closed
Book In Advance
Tours from Wire and Sky tend to sell out - travellers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience Wire and Sky
from US$124.87
More Info
from US$131.44
More Info
All reviews olympic park free fall raise money adrenaline rush arcelormittal orbit gopro footage surreal experience birthday surprise fear of heights great fun abseil harness safety instructor platform fears descend
Reviewed 26 July 2017

We've booked 2 charity days with wire and sky for our supporters to abseil the orbit and the experience has been brilliant.
The team are fantastic at coaching you through the abseil and putting you at ease and everyone who has taken part enjoyed the adrenaline rush!

Date of experience: July 2017
arcelormittalorbitw, Guest Relations Manager at Wire and Sky, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2017

Thanks so much for your great review.
We really enjoy working with charities and look forward to working with you even more in the future. We have so many more activities coming up over the next few months so please keep an eye on social media and our website for more ideas!
Best wishes the Wire & Sky team

Reviewed 24 July 2017

I was put in charge of finding fun and unusual things to do for our MD award day out. Seeing as we where in the Park for the Para Championships the Obit was the obvious choice ! Unfortunetley my originally request was meet with a " sorry we are closed that day" which left me feeling a tad sad, however the wonderful Natasha moved heaven and earth to make it possible for my party of 17 to do the Abseil, Natasha was so helpful and did everything to make this an easy booking experience. And what an experience it ended up being ! We only had one team member chicken out ! Martin at the top was a great encouragement to enable you to get over your fears and drop over the blinkin high height !! But what a view once you have gone over !!
The feed back iv got from the team, is that they all loved it ! if not very scary !
Thank you to everyone involved !

Management response:Responded 25 July 2017

Thank you for your review, and so glad to hear the day worked out well for you. We are always happy to hear such positive things about our lovely team.
We look forward to seeing you again at the Abseil or another of our attractions soon.
Wire & Sky

Reviewed 24 July 2017

Great staff to help put you at ease. God but little briefing which gives you less thinking and panicking time! Great to just get on with it and not sweat over it during an extensive briefing like can often be the case with these things. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED but wont deny - terrifying too at the start of the abseil.

Date of experience: July 2017
ArcelorMittal O... W, Guest Relations Manager at Wire and Sky, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2017

Thank you for your great review.
Well done for facing your fears and glad you enjoyed meeting the team. Hopefully we will see you again for another adventure at one of our other attractions very soon.

Best wishes from the Wire & Sky team

Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

My partner and I visit the wire and sky on Sunday 23rd July 2017 as part of her 40th birthday surprise.

We were originally meant to abseil on Saturday but due to the high winds and heavy rain, the organisers cancelled the afternoons abseiling. We were fortunate enough to be able to be squeezed into a pre-opening morning session at 9am before the venue officially opened at 10am.

I have to say that my partner and I were so very impressed with the instructional staff from start to finish. They were professional, polite, calm and informative and that's exactly what we need when we were both feeling a little apprehensive.

Colin was my instructor and he was spot on!

It's a whopping 185ft free fall so be prepared for a few "moments" of your scared of heights because it's a fair distance above ground level and the people in the Olympic park looked like ants from where we were standing!

The abseil can be as fast or as slow as you want it to be so once your off the ledge you can fill ya boots with your speed (as long as u don't go too crazy as the safety mechanism will kick in and slow u down).

Once on the ground we were safely released from our harnesses, given a certificate of completion and then invited back up to the viewing gallery for another look.

It's worthy of note that you will receive a discounted pass for the slide (£5 instead of £15) should you wish to partake.

All in all, a great experience even if the £85 PP price tag seems a little expensive when you book initially (you can see by the number of staff and the safety measures why is costs that much).

A must do!

1  Thank Pringlethepug
Management response:Responded 24 July 2017

Thank you for your fantastic review. We are sorry the weather affected your being able to take part on Saturday. We do our best to anticipate bad weather that will affect our abseiling but occasionally it catches us out! We really appreciate you being flexible enough to come along on Sunday morning and are so pleased you enjoyed it.

Very best wishes from the Wire & Sky team

Reviewed 20 July 2017

Having signed up for a charity abseil, I became more terrified about the freefall bit as the day drew near. However, the Wire & Sky team were fantastic and my worries all but disappeared once I saw the whole set up. Yes, being on the open platform at the top is scary, but you are hooked on the whole time and are engaging with the instructors so you don't have a lot of opportunity to get worried. Safety is clearly their priority, but not at the expense of making you feel at ease or having fun. You control the speed of your descent and it's actually a really enjoyable experience. I got the Go-Pro too so I have a permanent record of it. If you can descend with someone you know, I would recommend it - my sister and I were able to chat as we came down, and had a great sense of achievement once complete. I would definitely do another Wire & Sky experience having seen how safe and professional they are.

Management response:Responded 24 July 2017

Thank you for your great review. We are so pleased that you and your sister enjoyed yourselves. Congratulations on raising money for your chosen charity and facing your fears!

Best wishes from the Wire & Sky team

p.s. If you are interested in doing more adventures with us you can follow us on social media #wireandsky as we will be announcing some new adventures in the coming months.