“Convenient Hotel”

Best Western The Boltons
Ranked #509 of 1,073 Hotels in London
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Great location around the corner from Earls Court Tube Station. Check in was quick and friendly. Room was typical London small but clean with a window on the back garden. Breakfast was decent selection. Some great pubs and food places in the area. Overall, a good base for visiting London.

There are newer reviews for Best Western The Boltons

Reviewed 3 November 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB
Reviewed 25 October 2013

I was more than disappointed with this hotel, from the booking experience to check in to check out, the service in this place is ridiculous.

During booking they did not confirm my booking straight away, they mixed up several bookings we made from our office, and friendliness is a word and habit they do not know about. The staff does not speak English, they didn't welcome me properly when I arrived.

POsitive thing: The room was fairly clean (except for a few hairs in my bed, but I will not be too fussy here). Breakfast service and selection again, really only worth the few pounds you would have to pay for it. They offer Latte on the menu, but what you actually get is a Sachet. On the second day a lady started stealing my Jams and cutlery as the staff was so busy chatting away, they didn't even notice there were guests. Again - no word of English spoken, to the point the employee didn't understand my room number and showed me the full guest list of the hotel to pint out my name, which is not only horrendous but also not allowed! After breakfast I stank of fat and grease as the room is so small and no windows were open, not good when you have a business day ahead of you. Check out was a joke, I asked them to send me invoice when I checked in, as I could imagine they would have to check back with the General Manager to do so. During check out it turned out they hadn't done anything, no checking with the GM, no invoice, nothing!

Service was absolutely poor, they have to learn a lot about hospitality and surely they need to learn English or get English speaking staff.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
5  Thank Judith K
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Stayed one night at THe BOlton Best Western near Earls Court tube station UK. Convinient to Museum and exhibition hall. Easy access by tube to the centre Soho etc. The hotel is small but very clean and look nice and modern, cosy is the word. The bedroom is very small but designed very well indeed and it has a two seater sofa. The bed and surrounding area was just enough to move around. The bathroom was very very small but impressively designed that I can comes out of the bath and dry myself well. I am 5'7" tall and slim built. The bed was very comfortable and no traffic noise at night as we are facing the court yard at the back. Breakfast was plenty full but basic. It was school holiday time and as such, price had double but so are other hotels.
I would come back if visiting exhibition.

Room Tip: We stayed at G4 which which is ground floor at the back. View of court yard and back of other proper...
1  Thank GLOBEVISITOR
Reviewed 21 October 2013

stayed in this hotel booked via Hotwire, very professional. 3 mins walk from Earlscourt tube. Impressive frontage, receptionist greeting good. room box room newly furnished but small+++ on suite again new furnishings. The shower although new kept you fit as every 30secs it went to being red hot.
The breakfast bar was brilliant hot nice food but staff polite but useless
Overall would return good price very clean. PS matress soft++++ falling off bed all night not nice

Room Tip: not attick
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank alan f
Reviewed 19 October 2013

On our way to Florence, we decided to do a layover in London, Anthony Bourdain style. I stayed at The Boltons for a week or so last year with my husband and we liked the location so much I decided to re-book here for 2 nights with my daughter. We got to the hotel around noon, our room wasn't ready, but they quickly offered to hold our luggage while we got started on our 48 hour city stay. Can't say enough (again!) about this Earl's Court location. Easy walk to the tube, several restaurants, banks, markets within a block, a nice quiet neighborhood feel. This time we had a room with twin beds and they were super comfy. Best sleeping quality of our whole trip. The room was much more spacious than I had anticipated (last time we stayed in a ground floor family room that was also quite spacious). We did not eat the add-on breakfast at the hotel because we knew we'd be sleeping in late and could grab a coffee and pastry down the street for a few pounds. The Piccadilly line gets you to Heathrow in about 35 minutes and to the theatre district in about 10. Can't ask for more than that. We were greeted by the desk staff each time we entered and left the hotel. I felt very comfortable and safe there and will definitely stay there again on my next trip to London. I should mention that we had a fuse blow our first night as we were getting ready to go to the theatre. The management worked with us to determine the problem and fix it promptly, so we weren't late for the opening. Excellent service without the hint of a grumble. Thank you!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 October 2013

Spent 3 nights that got off to a rocky start. Arrived from the states after flying all night. Was told room would not be ready until 2 p.m. Though suffering from jet lag, we understood & tried looking a some sites rather than sit in a cramped lobby.

Returned @ 1:45 & waited for another 45 mins. only to be crammed into the back corner of the basement. No wi-fi, only 1/2 closet, NOWHERE for luggage but on the bed ... had to access baggage 1 at a time then stack on floor with almost no rm. to walk. After complaints & firm insistence, we were assigned to another rm. on an upper floor. Remainder of stay was GREAT! Hotel is VERY clean & well maintained.

Room Tip: Avoid the "basement" rooms!