“Great hotel”

Best Western The Boltons
Ranked #507 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed 11 March 2014

As soon as I arrived at the hotel I was greeted with helpful and friendly staff. The check-in was speedy and any questions I had about my room or my stay were answered.

I stayed in room 101 and it was great. Spacious double bed, great wardrobe space and the bathroom was very clean and great as well.

Being a bit of a wolly I forgot toothpaste, so I went to the local Tesco's which is about 5 minutes walk away and it's massive. So, the hotel is also well positioned if you forget something. The tube is also at the bottom of the street (Earls Court) so there was no long carrying bag journeys.

After a great nights sleep - Mainly because the bed was so comfy - I had a great breakfast. The food choices were great as well, I'm a full English type of guy but there was other options like fruit, vegetarian and a wide choice of cereals as well. The drink options were just a varied as well.

I checked out of the hotel at about 8am and we greeted with friendly staff again and I look forward to anymore trips to The Boltons.

I definitely recommend this hotel for any type of stay.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Best Western The Boltons

Reviewed 10 March 2014

I stayed here in May 2012 for about 9 nights. The front desk person held my bag when I got in early and got me into my room early too, which was great since I was exhausted from my flight. Good price. Clean modern room. Small but very comfortable. Good free WIFI, nice safe in room. No problems with my stay. Great location right around the corner of the Earl's Court Tube station, which as lines to take you to the airport, the attractions along the Thames, and the shopping area (where Harrods is). Lots of different food options and a supermarket around the corner. Would definitely stay there again.

The one negative was the shower. Once every 2 minutes or so, you would get a burst of really hot water. Once you got used to it you could sense when it would happen and lean out of the way when it happened. : P

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 March 2014

My mother and I took our first trip to London and thought this was a great hotel and prime location with easy access to the Tube (subway) and local city bus. It is very small, too be expected in Europe but the staff is wonderful. Our flight arrived at 6:30am and although early check-in was not until 2pm, they staff had us in our room by 10:15am. The staff was super helpful, offered tour suggestions, provided directions and even followed up to see how things worked out for us. We were very pleased.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Teena M
Reviewed 6 March 2014 via mobile

I usually stay in the Oxford high street area during my business trips. But this time i tried to explore lower priced hotels. I came across The Boltons here in trip advisor, and so far i was not dissapointed! Check in was fast, location was near the tube, many food establishments around! The room was not big but there was so much going on like the tissue box, the personalized candies, the toiletries and coffee/tea trays. The beddings were also comfy, wifi was fast too. All in all for the price, i got more than what i paid for. Service was very good breakfast was modest, crew was very very nice and accomodating.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Kimdelro
Reviewed 1 March 2014 via mobile

This hotel is clean, smart and in a great location for Chelsea and Fullam football grounds. It is surrounded by good pubs and restaurants and a selection of useful shops. The Earl's Court tube station is 100 yards away at the end of the road. The nearby bus will take you into town, taking around 30 minutes (tube takes around 10 minutes) staff were helpful and friendly at all times.
My only criticisms are: we stayed on the 4th floor (room 407) which was spotless and tastefully decorated: with a sash window that opened as wide as you wanted (glass very loose) I would not recommend this room to anyone over 5 feet 8 inches tall due to sloping ceilings but fine for anyone shorter. Also this room is fairly compact and would not be suitable for anyone of a larger size (particularly the bathroom). We had breakfast at 9 on the Saturday and more or less had the room to ourselves. The breakfast room is extremely small for the size of the hotel and the for which allows staff access in and out of the kitchen (when open) covers the hot breakfast, so nobody can access it. This seemed quite dangerous as it could be opened onto a person getting their food but there panels of obscured glass in it they are not easy to see through. There is only room for two guests to serve themselves at a time, and no space to queue. The Sunday morning was busier. Most guests had to share tables with guests from other rooms, and getting in and out to collect food was impossible from some seats. Also staff prepare tea and coffee directly behind some of the seats which seemed quite dangerous to me. The staff cope brilliantly in these cramped and crowded conditions and the quality of food is excellent. I would not hesitate to stay here again.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 February 2014

The hotel is handy for the tube and has lots of pubs and restaurants and shops for you to wander round and get a feel for the real London. The hotel is clean and has modern rooms and flat screen TV's. Breakfast is good but the breakfast room is very small so there may be an accommodating problem at times.
The only down was checking out in the morning the staff in general did not look happy and the man doing the checkout was a bit abrupt but hey it did not spoil my stay and I would stop again, just annoying that they do not let you have the BW points if you booked through booking.com

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 February 2014

I really like this hotel. Nice clean modern rooms, not massive but this is Central London! Great location around the corner from Earls Court station. Simple breakfast, but adequate. For the money this is a very good hotel.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business