“Lovely friendly family run hotel in convenient location”

Best Western The Boltons
Ranked #506 of 1,081 Hotels in London
Reviewed 3 April 2014

The hotel is only a few yards from Earls Court tube station in a quiet road. The well-kept frontage certainly makes a good impression. Asloob made us very welcome when we arrived. We had a lovely room overlooking gardens at the back, spotlessly clean and well decorated and furnished. The breakfast room is small but at no time did we have to queue and there is ample choice, perfectly cooked. We both had a rather special birthday and Asloob went the extra mile providing a card and box of chocolates - such a nice personal touch which made us feel even more welcome. The Blackbird pub at the top of the road was just far enough to walk after a busy day sightseeing with great ales and the most delicious of pies. It was full of locals as well as tourists which is always a good sign. We'll certainly return to both at some stage and will recommend the hotel and pub to our friends. Thank you for making our birthdays so memorable!

1  Thank LuccaSiena
Write a ReviewReviews (1,090)

Reviewed 31 March 2014

lovely friendly hotel run by very helpful staff, I visited at the weekend for my partners birthday and I had ordered champagne roses banners and balloons and it was all sorted for me , lovely surprise for my partner so thank you to all concerned.

Rooms a wee bit small but it was only for one night so it was ok , very hot in rooms also and couldnt get air con to work or turn heating down , windows open a little bit but not enough to let air in .

Book rooms at the rear of hotel as couldnt hear any noise at all bearing in mind the main high street was at the top of our road.

thank you to all and would recommend .

all in all a nice hotel situated in good area and local to train station and shops

Reviewed 26 March 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB
Reviewed 25 March 2014

Just back from a 2-night stay at The Boltons. Excellent location, about a three minute walk to Earls Court tube station. Room small but, clean & comfortable. Bathroom clean which, is normally a good indicator.
Staff on reception very friendly, helpful and efficient.
Good price and excellent value for money.
Would stay here again.

Reviewed 16 March 2014

Just returned from a 3 day stay in London. I wanted to take in the Chelsea v Tottenham game so stayed close at The Boltons.

Location is fantastic right off Earls Court and the tube. 20 minute walk to Stamford Bridge. The cleanliness of the rooms was also very good.

The room was good, it was small but expected, but the overall feel of the hotel was just ok. The room amenities were really none existent and there was no ice machine to be found.

I was not impressed at all when I asked for a 7:30am wake up call and received it at 2:30am, not good when you are trying to deal with jet lag.

So would i recommend it, yes for the location but no for the services.

I would recommedn it for its location

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank CYSBOY
Reviewed 11 March 2014

As soon as I arrived at the hotel I was greeted with helpful and friendly staff. The check-in was speedy and any questions I had about my room or my stay were answered.

I stayed in room 101 and it was great. Spacious double bed, great wardrobe space and the bathroom was very clean and great as well.

Being a bit of a wolly I forgot toothpaste, so I went to the local Tesco's which is about 5 minutes walk away and it's massive. So, the hotel is also well positioned if you forget something. The tube is also at the bottom of the street (Earls Court) so there was no long carrying bag journeys.

After a great nights sleep - Mainly because the bed was so comfy - I had a great breakfast. The food choices were great as well, I'm a full English type of guy but there was other options like fruit, vegetarian and a wide choice of cereals as well. The drink options were just a varied as well.

I checked out of the hotel at about 8am and we greeted with friendly staff again and I look forward to anymore trips to The Boltons.

I definitely recommend this hotel for any type of stay.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 March 2014

I stayed here in May 2012 for about 9 nights. The front desk person held my bag when I got in early and got me into my room early too, which was great since I was exhausted from my flight. Good price. Clean modern room. Small but very comfortable. Good free WIFI, nice safe in room. No problems with my stay. Great location right around the corner of the Earl's Court Tube station, which as lines to take you to the airport, the attractions along the Thames, and the shopping area (where Harrods is). Lots of different food options and a supermarket around the corner. Would definitely stay there again.

The one negative was the shower. Once every 2 minutes or so, you would get a burst of really hot water. Once you got used to it you could sense when it would happen and lean out of the way when it happened. : P

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo