“An excellent value”

Ranked #488 of 1,088 Hotels in London
Long Island, NY
“An excellent value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

Sometimes you get what you pay for, and in this case, this was not a bad thing. I've stayed at other hotels in the Earls Court area before and yes, they offered more amenities than the Boltons. But this time I was traveling alone and decided I'd see what I got if I paid less. I'm happy to say that at the Boltons, the missing amenities (elaborate breakfast, hotel lobby bar) were things I didn't really need anyway. My room was smaller (it was the room for one, which has one twin bed), but it was completely comfortable and had the hair dryer and coffee/tea service that I appreciate. Internet was free! (Get the daily password at the front desk.) Breakfast was not included in my deal, but that was okay because when I did partake one day, I thought it wasn't all that great -- just not worth it, what with many Earls Court Road coffee shops only half a block away. But that was definitely the only (slight) negative I can think of. The Boltons is a great value in a great neighborhood in an expensive city. I'd stay there again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
  • Finnish first
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

The hotel is situated just round the corner of Earl's Court tube station. Excellent location close to central london. The surrounding area is nice quiet and safe that I had morning jogging down passing by West brompton, South kensington and Fulham broadway stations. Nice cafe restaurants nearby so you dont actually need the hotel bfast. Though the room is small, its clean and just adequate. Staff is friendly and professional. I had a good stay overall.

liverpool
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

Perfect for a short break. Convenient for considerable number of attractions. Bus stop and tube two minutes away. City 20 minutes away. Hotel staff extremely pleasant and helpful. For London this a very good value hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Rickmansworth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

I stayed 1 night in a single room. The room and bathroom were very clean and modern. The room had all the facilities you would expect- TV, Tea / Coffee facilities, safe, free wifi. I had a good night's sleep and the bed was very comfortable. Breakfast was included and was perfectly adequate. I would happily stay here again should the need arise.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed 2 nights in June hotel in good location , clean staff friendly . If you stay make sure you don't get a room located on the basement floor especially room 7 as it right next to the door that staff use and constantly banging from 7am , also staff sit right outside opposite window on there breaks twice we had to ask them to be quiet they did apologies and when we complained the receptionist was nice and appoligised but would defiantly not recommend staying in this room .

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Paulaner3
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

After staying in the worst hotel ever the previous night, we booked this hotel at 1am and luckily got the last room which was a cancellation. Hotel is near the tube. Staff are friendly and professional. We arrived really early as we were eager to leave the last flea pit and although we were unable to book in ( which we knew) we could leave our bags and go out for the day. The room was small but really comfy and the bathroom was lovely. The hotel is spotless! Breakfast was excellent value for money. We were able to leave our bags the next day while we did a bit more sight seeing before the train home. Next time I'm in London this hotel will be my 1st choice.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple