“happy customer”

Best Western The Boltons
Ranked #499 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 27 July 2014

very helpful staff, extremely comfy bed, lovely decorated room and very nice shower, lovely small hotel no complaints would stay here again, very handy for Earls court exhibition centre 2min from tube good location for other London attractions

Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB

Reviewed 16 July 2014

I showed up at the lobby of this hotel after discovering a grave error I'd made in reserving a nearby hotel. The two people in reception that morning were friendly and very helpful. They took me up to a room right away even though check-in time wasn't for many hours yet.

OUR ROOM
The room had one queen (or full/double?) bed. Everything about the room was what you'd expect when getting a room in the States, just a little smaller (London-sized.)

The room was neat, attractive, and smelled clean. It also had that nice gentle constant rumble of the climate control system which kept our room exactly the temperature we wanted.

The hotel was apparently full when we stayed there (as it was the week of the Tour de France) and yet it wasn't noisy. There was nothing disruptive about our time there as we rarely heard other guests.

DOCTOR WHO FANS!
Google this address. Then...look around the corner at "Earl's Court" train station. Drag the little man down to "street view" and just look at what is right in front of the train station exit...just around the corner from the hotel! (a Tardis)

THE STAFF
Each time we came in the door in the evening we were greeted by the person behind the counter like we'd just "come home."

The people there were also suuuuper helpful in figuring out how to get to places we needed to go.

I can't imagine how my vacation would have gone had I not stayed at this hotel.

HEATHROW AIRPORT
You can get to this hotel easily via "The Tube." You can get the underground transportation right from baggage claim in the airport. And, it's about 1/2 hour on one train straight to Earl's Court. You get out, turn right and then take the next right. It's a 2 minute walk to the hotel.

KING'S CROSS TRAIN STATION
You can also take one train straight to King's Cross where you can get trains to other parts of England OR also get the Eurostar (to other parts of Europe.) It's easy.

Room Tip: One thing I guess American traveler's might not realize is when you see something advertised as...
Reviewed 12 July 2014

The hotel is in a great location near earls court and is very convenient if you have a conference to attend near by. However, I was quite disappointed with the fact that the rooms were quite small. The shower was also annoying as the water heat keep turning from warm to cold and vise versa. I'd recommend stating only if you don't mind the size for the price. Personally, I will try another hotel next time.

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 11 July 2014

the hotel is in a nice quiet street but local - 5 mins walk, to good restaurants, gastro pubs and regular high street shops. Earls court tube 5 mins maximum. Lovely building and the rooms are bijou and modern. Well equipped room and fast internet. Staff very friendly and the breakfast substantial. VERY CLEAN rooms. My room had sash windows so I did not need to have the air conditioning on. View of sculptured elephants from my window - lovely

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Sometimes you get what you pay for, and in this case, this was not a bad thing. I've stayed at other hotels in the Earls Court area before and yes, they offered more amenities than the Boltons. But this time I was traveling alone and decided I'd see what I got if I paid less. I'm happy to say that at the Boltons, the missing amenities (elaborate breakfast, hotel lobby bar) were things I didn't really need anyway. My room was smaller (it was the room for one, which has one twin bed), but it was completely comfortable and had the hair dryer and coffee/tea service that I appreciate. Internet was free! (Get the daily password at the front desk.) Breakfast was not included in my deal, but that was okay because when I did partake one day, I thought it wasn't all that great -- just not worth it, what with many Earls Court Road coffee shops only half a block away. But that was definitely the only (slight) negative I can think of. The Boltons is a great value in a great neighborhood in an expensive city. I'd stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

The hotel is situated just round the corner of Earl's Court tube station. Excellent location close to central london. The surrounding area is nice quiet and safe that I had morning jogging down passing by West brompton, South kensington and Fulham broadway stations. Nice cafe restaurants nearby so you dont actually need the hotel bfast. Though the room is small, its clean and just adequate. Staff is friendly and professional. I had a good stay overall.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

Perfect for a short break. Convenient for considerable number of attractions. Bus stop and tube two minutes away. City 20 minutes away. Hotel staff extremely pleasant and helpful. For London this a very good value hotel.