“Clean, friendly service, value for money!”

Travelodge London Central Tower Bridge
Ranked #424 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Warrington, United Kingdom
“Clean, friendly service, value for money!”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

I don't think you can ask for much more. It's in a central location, easy to find and surrounded by restaurants - not forgetting the tower bridge being round the corner!
I stayed for one night with my partner - the room we had was a lot bigger than expected! The bed was huge and there was plenty of space for us both to get ready. My only bad comment would be regarding the shower - only two temperatures hot or cold, we did notify the hotel however, we were only there for the one night and there wasn't much time for them to sort it I guess.
I had an enjoyable stay and the staff were happy to keep our luggage behind the front desk after checking out so we could spend the rest of the day in London luggage free! Perfect.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Emily B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (221)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Southport, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 October 2013

I have recently spent 3 nights in this hotel and would recommend it as a great place to stay !.
The room although small, was very neat and tidy and the bed was exceedingly comfortable !.
The cooked breakfast was a great way to start the day and the staff were very attentive.
The location was excellent (its just round the corner from Tower Hill Gateway DLR station and just a little bit further away is Tower Hill Tube station.
If you want cheap drinks and nibbles there is a Tesco Express round the corner on Mansell Street, which is cheaper than the Hotel ! - also there is a Wetherspoons on the corner of Mansell Street.
I booked my trip 6 months ago and so got 3 nights stay (with breakfast) for £150.00.
I would recommend this Hotel to anyone who wants to stay just outside the City Centre, but with excellent transport links.

Room Tip: I had room 427 which meant I was on the opposite side from the train tracks that run through Tower B...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Antoni C
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 13 October 2013

I was really very dissapointed when I saw my room.
It's so basic that is like a student house, with barely anything and I felt really uncomfortable.
The price is not that cheap to think you are in a kind of motel, and I thought a 3-star hotel would be better than thatt.
I paid for wifi in my room in advance, but when I arrive I had no access and I had to go to reception 3 times and call a number until they activated.
I booked one week in this hotel, and I dont know how to survice.
The staff was friendly though.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank sofia m
TravelodgeUK, Amy from Customer Care at Travelodge London Central Tower Bridge, responded to this review, 17 October 2013
Dear sofia m. We are sorry to learn you had an uncomfortable stay with us. We feel our rooms provide all the essentials needed for a good nights sleep, by not providing the extras means we can keep our costs low and continue to offer great rates in great locations. We are also sorry to learn you had issues with the wifi, the wifi service is provided by a company called Arqiva and we will let them know of the problems you received.
Reviewed 11 October 2013

I know it is a Travelodge but no hand soap is a bit shocking to say the least.; So if you are staying at this hotel make sure you pack some.
Location is good for tourists mainly as it is just few minutes walk from The Tower and Bridge; and there are plenty of cafes, restaurants and pubs nearby.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Ang977
Essex
Reviewed 8 October 2013

We stayed at the Travelodge last weekend. The rooms are basic, very clean, with a large comfortable bed.

The reception staff and restaurant staff were all very helpful and friendly. I did not take a hairdryer and my husband asked at reception and they readily obliged.

Breakfast is more than adequate and good value for the price.

The rating above is a little unfair, because I would put good, rather than average. In central London for the price the hotel is good value for money.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Greekaholics
Wellington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Just returned from trip taking 6 west country friends for a weekend to my home city my choice of this hotel was a good one because they all enjoyed it,they all agreed the rooms were good,the breakfast was good,the staff were good,and it was great value,high recomendation from a group who like 4 star hotels.
The new makeovers that are happening with Travelodge are very good,and this one appears to have a good team running it,the iced lemon water at reception is a small touch of class.
Would recomend this hotel to anyone and everyone.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank oldfeller64
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 October 2013

Perhaps it's because I'm a Northerner, but I still find it hard to believe you can get a nice room with en-suite in one of the most expensive cities in Europe for this price.
I've stayed a couple of times & have always found the staff to be very welcoming & helpful.
Hotel doesn't claim to be 5* but have stayed in worse hotels that do!.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo