“4 Grandmothers tour London!”

Travelodge London Central Tower Bridge
Ranked #450 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed 19 December 2013

We spent 2 nights at the hotel and couldn't fault it. Rooms obviously basic but very clean and bright with comfortable beds and pillows. Very adequate breakfast, well cooked and fresh. Very little outside noise and hotel itself very quiet when we were there. Good security and we felt very safe. Staff very friendly and helpful and all in all we had a great stay and would certainly stay here again. Location is excellent with buses/underground/trains right outside the door. Well done Travelodge!

Room Tip: we didn't find it noisy on the third floor but possibly 4th or 5th would be quieter. Triple gla...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Val1069786
There are newer reviews for Travelodge London Central Tower Bridge

Reviewed 18 December 2013

We stayed here after having a Family dinner in town. It was a very convenient location, with easy access to the South Bank, St. Katherine's Dock , The Tower of London etc. The room was very quiet and comfortable, and the bathroom good. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 December 2013 via mobile

Once again I advise others to ignore the negative reviews and not hesitate in booking this hotel. I have stayed here twice before but annoyingly the reviews were deleted when the makeover took place.

My previous two reviews however praised the hotel and I gave it five stars overall. I used the self check in machine despite the fact that it does - in this hotel at least - seen to offer up the first available room which is invariably a ground floor room. I asked reception to change this and a lovely woman called Anna kindly did so to the fifth floor where I requested road side having stayed there before. The fifth floor corridor is incredibly creaky however!

This Travelodge also must be one of the loudest in London. Think loud, then double it and you may he halfway there. That said due to the location this shouldn't come as a surprise to anybody. Even with the window closed on the top floor the traffic noise was relentless however after about 10.30/11 it was intermittent. Railway side is pretty much the same noise wise.

As for the makeover it is fantastic and provided guests look after the rooms Travelodge must surely be one of the best places to stay in London providing you get a good deal. The beds are ridiculously comfortable and I want one for my own room at home! The pillows however are incredibly hard and usually I sleep with two but had to just use one here despite the bed having four!

The small heater is more than adequate and as I don't sleep with heating on at home I had to turn it off during the night when I woke up and the room was stifling. So a small heater but it more than does the job.

In terms of location this hotel is easy enough to get to but I am not a massive fan of the District/Circle system however I do love the DLR and more often than not go out of my way to use that to travel to this hotel. My Lodge of choice is now Bethnal Green however which I thoroughly enjoyed but after three stays here I would definitely love to return and urge others to ignore the negative reviews because they are incredibly exaggerated and petty and do not hesitate to book this hotel!

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank LovesTheMed
Reviewed 15 December 2013 via mobile

Location is good, rooms comfortable. The only downside really was the food. We ordered something off the menu, took payment and then 5 minutes later someone from the kitchen comes out and says "we don't do that at this hotel, the woman serving is new and doesn't know anything." Apart from that, was a really nice stay.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 December 2013

It's a Travelodge so you know what you are getting when you book. I have stayed on a few occasions and most of the rooms are ok, but there is the odd one with a noisy toilet or a cracked sink. The location is great for The Tower, Tower Bridge, Monument etc but it often has people staying for works or evening functions and it can sometimes get a bit noisy in the corridor as they return.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Blok103
Reviewed 12 December 2013

Excellent location tick
Round the corner from Tower hill tube station tick
Clean' with tea and coffee in the room tick
Fraction of the price for hotel room in central London tick
Would I book again you know the rest

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 December 2013

I have stayed at this hotel a few times and every time the staff are fantastic. Really friendly and helpful and make a genuine effort to help. The new beds and recent makeover has made this a really pleasant hotel to stay in. It is conveniently located for everything I need to do in London from business meetings to theatre visits as buses 15 and RV1 go most places I want to go.

Room Tip: A handful of rooms have a bath. Ask for one specifically if you want one!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business