“Would have rated higher except for”

Travelodge London Central Tower Bridge
Ranked #466 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 16 May 2014 via mobile

This place is a budget hotel and a decent one with a great location near Tower of London, Trains, great food, etc. My issue is I was sitting in my room with the "do not disturb" sign and an employee came in. Not only did he come in, he didn't even knock first. What if I would have been naked? The door just swung open with no warning. I talked to the manager and she was very nice and apologetic. I saw her reprimand him for doing it but I was still in shock but now that I think about it I'm really really mad. Each day we put put the do not disturb sign. We didn't want people in our room. Did they come in anyway? What's the guys story that came in? He doesn't know to knock as a HOTEL EMPLOYEE? Is he a thief and thought we were gone and wanted to riffle through our room? An honest mistake would have been to "KNOCK" first then open if no response. Not just come in. It was unacceptable and that guy should not have access to people's room. I feel violated and management should have done more than yell a little at him and tell me he's new. Didn't management train him to not walk into people's rooms? I wouldn't trust leaving my stuff in this hotel . Management isn't responsible enough with our belongings or safety. They let anyone have access. Could you imagine if this guy were some kind of sicko and could walk into a room with a helpless woman and be able to lock the door and do whatever he wants? I used to really like this place for a budget stay but don't feel the risks are worth it

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 15 May 2014

My wife and I stayed for two nights. The staff were friendly and efficient. We did find the room became very warm during the night, there was no aircon control in the room. Although on a main road the double glazed window was very efficient at reducing the traffic noise to a minimum.
This is a good budget priced hotel situated within easy reach of central London via underground and if you have plenty of time, the London red bus.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 May 2014

London is full of excitement so for travelers like us who enjoy sightseeing and shopping, accommodation in this hotel is superbly ideal as the proximity to the Underground stations and bus stops will breeze you in and out. We love the no frills accommodation of Travelodge Hotels and this one suited us perfectly with its great location. Clean room, small yet comfortable enough.

Room Tip: Right hand side rooms facing the road would be better as there is a railway track on the left side.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank MARGARET F
Reviewed 13 May 2014

The room was great, the price was low, it was near tower bridge and a subway. We had no problem with the little noise from the railroad. The room is basic, no extravaganza, but in London you hopefully dont spend all your time in the room. Friendly staff. I would recomend this room to other as well.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Andre T
Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed for two night and it was perfect. The room was clean but small and w/o bath tube. I don't think any room has it...(beside what they say). We had only 30min free wifi every day but we didnt need more. Breakfast was ok:Coffe the croissant yougurt cereals nutella eggs bacon ssusages beans etc. The quality is not excellent but still good. Staff friendly , we could leave our luggage aftr the check-in for only 2pound each.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank unfango
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Excellent location! Excellent bed and clean if basic room. No problems and highly recommended as a cost effective yet comfortable hotel near to the Tower, three Tube/DLR options, and within easy access of all of the sights! There is a great lively pub next door too and a Tesco Metro and a Sainsburys local both within a three minute walk..

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kevfenton8
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Excellent value in middle of London. Couldn't fault facilities or staff. No road noise , so close to tower and tube station. Breakfast and bar facilities very useful. Fantastic short break, thank you.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends