2,023 results
All reviews minories pub great location railway line travel lodge budget hotel tesco express comfy bed would stay again just round the corner minute walk busy road the hotel is clean early check good nights sleep short stay underground station one night stay
Reviewed 25 June 2018

Excellent budget hotel...great breakfast, Clean and tidy rooms, with all basic facilities supplied. Staff very accomodating. Very close to the DLR and Tower hill tube round the corner. We couldnt have asked for more on our stay.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

Check in was really easy and quick. All staff are really pleasant and helpful. The room is nice but gets very hot. Even with the fan on. Can't have the window open as it gets noisy being by the train track and all the fan did was move the hot air around. The hotel could do with investing in some better fans. The difficult thing is even if you were to ask for an additional fan there isn't anywhere to put it as space and plug sockets aren't great. The breakfast was really nice and was replenished frequently. Overall my stay was great. I have five stars as besides the heat it was great......but hey we're in summer we need to expect it to be hot. The other thing that this hotel is great for is it's location just round the corner from the tube station.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 June 2018

I stayed at this hotel on an overnight business trip and was very pleased that I did. The room was lovely and clean, the bed was very comfortable and the staff were very helpful and friendly, the hotel was very well situated to the office where the meeting was being held.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 20 June 2018

Rather than acting to improve the situation, Travelodge look to collect data. They E-mailed a survey for me to complete and I noted that the questions and response choices covered issues raised on TripAdvisor!

My daughter and I recently spent 2 nights (Friday and Saturday) at the London Central Tower Bridge Hotel. It was my first time with Travelodge but my daughter has stayed with them on more than one occasion and for her the Tower Bridge hotel compared unfavourably with other Travelodges. She said straight off, “This was not what I was expecting.”

On a positive note, one may freely replenish teabags, etc., from a stand at Reception. There are plastic glasses beside a water jar in the lobby; the water is usually but not invariably chilled. The one time I asked for directions, these were well provided. It is possible to leave luggage before and after a stay, a service I greatly appreciated. We had booked a room with an adapted bathroom and this was as hoped for. Particularly good was that showering did not result in a flooded floor; it had been designed effectively. Finally, the area is great for buses.

Now for the negatives: The enjoyment of a cuppa was spoilt by the usage of Millac Maid skimmed, a milk substitute. Respecting the claim by Millac that this “tastes like fresh milk” the nearest it comes is to baby formula – and that’s the polite assessment. No problem to visit the nearby Tesco Express on Mansell Street – a lovely shop, due to delightful staff – to obtain real fresh milk, the problem being the lack of a fridge in the room. I’m uncertain how the hotel has been classed, i.e., if there is an official star rating. I note that Expedia give it 2 stars and it certainly would not merit more.
My main gripe is about failures in disability provision. I very much doubt Travelodge have consulted disabled people to ascertain their needs. The bedroom itself had space to accommodate a wheelchair and a button to press in case of emergency but was otherwise the same as every other room. For starters, that meant the bed was too low. After that, the failure to provide what for a disabled person comprise auxiliary aids caused problems. When it came to furniture, no luggage rack was provided and the absence of drawers and surfaces generally meant I kept dropping things on the floor. Instead of a bedside cabinet there was a ledge. With my clumsiness due to disability my glasses and watch kept falling off the ledge. Had I paid for a £29 room I would accept somewhere to lay one’s head and little else, but as I paid a lot more my expectation was that the arrangements would be reasonable.

When my daughter rang Reception to say she would be late she was told the room had no telephone. As a result, we both ended up worrying. Maybe when Travelodge get around to actually considering the needs of disabled guests, they might take on board the fact that it is not a good idea to isolate the disabled person from their carer. And why free kids but not free carers? A reason we were in London was to see Lohengrin at the Royal Opera House, and with proof of the need for a carer the carer goes free.

For what I paid I deplored the requirement to fork out for wi-fi, especially having recently stayed in a 2-star hotel in Normandy where wi-fi was included (see my review for Hotel Carline, Caen, which others have dubbed ‘basic’ but which met my particular circumstances better than the Travelodge). In fairness, adding wi-fi wasn’t expensive and I briefly considered paying but the very fact of paid wi-fi made getting onto it frustratingly difficult. My attitude hardened when it became clear that the only information in the room concerned paying for extras, such as wi-fi and breakfast.

The room was too hot, so that I was covered in sweat on both nights and slept badly, but information on how to improve matters was notable by its absence. I had no idea how to use what I think was air conditioning and when my daughter asked at Reception about getting a cooled down room she was not offered help or even a fan. The window was locked for security reasons, which I can understand as we had a ground floor room, but it also meant we couldn’t open the curtains as passers-by could see in! The whole set up – no natural light, no natural ventilation and a room temperature outside our control – made for a claustrophobic experience.

I went out to Tesco early on the Saturday morning and on my return a man at a temporary station in Reception asked me if I was there for breakfast. When I said “No, I have a room here,” the look he gave me obliged me to produce my key card – and he still looked doubtful. On the Sunday after checking out I sat in the lobby while my daughter went to buy a train ticket and a different member of staff wanted to know was I waiting for somebody. I can only assume they must get lots of disabled people loitering in the public spaces. The staff were generally OK, but my over-riding impression was coloured by my encounters with these two men.

Finally, my daughter left her tweezers in the room so when I went back for my case I asked if they had been put by, to be told that make-up and similar items are thrown away. A welcoming hotel would not have caused me to feel like I shouldn’t be there and a welcoming hotel would have made the link between luggage stored for later collection and an item left behind by the owners of said luggage. I was glad to get away.

Room Tip: Avoid the ground floor if you want windows that open
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank Soggy_Moggy
TravelodgeUK, Ben from the Social Media Team at Travelodge London Central Tower Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2018

Thank you for reviewing your stay with us at our London Central Tower Bridge hotel.

We're pleased to learn you enjoyed the location of the hotel, you found the team on arrival to be helpful and you were pleased with the bathroom you were provided with.

We are sorry to learn of your disappointment with the facilities in your room and that the higher temperatures had a negative impact on your experience.

In our ongoing efforts to beat the heat, we do offer fans and lighter bed linen for guests at reception, however we fully appreciate and do apologise that you were not comfortable during your time with us.

Your feedback is very important to us as it is the starting point we use to act on improvements and we thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

Reviewed 19 June 2018

Stayed 3 nights in this hotel, we were able to leave our luggage and explore London before check in. once checked in our room was clean, mid size with air con and it was on the ground floor,the bathroom had shower only.
you know what you get when you book a Travelodge and that's what makes them the go to budget hotel for us as we don't spend much time in the room as we prefer to be up and exploring all day so we are literally in the hotel to sleep and shower.
we had a ground floor room (11) which we didn't think was noisy even though the train line is right by the room and it had an air con unit which was great.
we will be back as this is in a great location for the tube and dlr.
we were able to leave our bag also after check out and we collected it around 6pm so we had the full day in London before heading home.

Room Tip: room 11 was great it had air con and was next to the railway but below it so we didn't think it was noisy and it is away from the road.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple