“HOME FROM HOME”
Review of 69TheGrove

We can't find prices for this accommodation
69TheGrove
Ranked #2 of 555 London B&B and Inns
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“HOME FROM HOME”
Reviewed 15 November 2013

Coming to this B&B was like coming to my home. Kanley and his staff are lovely people was friendly and were very kind to me. There was daily house keeping. The surrouding was very clean and tidy. I love this place and especially being in london from the netherlands. Highly to be recommended especially that wonderful breakfast with the best fruit salad that I have ever had. Thanks Lads

• Stayed October 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
  • Korean first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 13 November 2013

We have had two stays at 69The Grove. The first thing you notice is the warmth of the welcome; then the clean, bright rooms, comfortably set up with attention to detail. Fresh flowers, well stocked bar fridge, tea making facilities, abundant breakfast and comfortable sitting room. Nothing is too much trouble for Kanley. He is the perfect host. Add to this a great location close to rail, tube & buses and a short walk to Tate Britain. Recommended.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Chilliwack, Canada
Reviewed 30 October 2013

We spent 5 nights at 69The Grove and thoroughly enjoyed our stay there. We had the large room upstairs with the Super King bed which was very comfortable. It is very difficult to find a Super King bed in London near this price range. The location (near the Vauxall tube station) is very convenient. I likely would have given this property a 4 star rating but Kanley makes it a 5 star for me. The breakfasts are really good.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Brno, Czech Republic
Reviewed 30 October 2013

We came back with our three children this year, since we loved our stay here last autumn. I must say nothing has changed in the good sense of the word. Kanley was extremely welcoming and friendly, the breakfast sumptuous with plenty of choice. I always chose the fruit salad as it looked so fresh and irresistible. The room was very clean and well maintained, with plenty of plant boxes on the window sill. The bathroom is very small, but in my opinion it does not matter one bit given it is really spotless. 69 Grove is not a spa, so for the amount of time you actually spend in the bathroom there, the space is manageable. Both the bathroom and the room were cleaned for us every day. We are going to make our autumn stays in London our family tradition and as for accomodation we will definitely look no further.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Singapore, null, Singapore
Reviewed 28 October 2013

I love the room and the hospitality. I had such a comfortable stay there I wish I could stay longer. The location of 69TheGrove is so convenient, its such a short walk to the train station and its very near all the tourist attractions. Besides that because I shared an apartment with other guest you really get to know other friendly guests. I enjoyed not only the breakfast but also the company of strangers siting together sharing the same table. It's definitely a cozy and warm experience there.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Hangzhou, China
Reviewed 24 October 2013

it's really close to the Vauxhall tube station, only takes 5 mins. it's also quite convinent to take the tube from the airport to this hotel. actually, from vauxhall station, it's convinent to go everywhere if you prefer the tube. also, you can just take a walk along the Thames river and walk to Tate Modern and The House of Parliament . room is really cozy and clean,,the bed is extradornary comfortable.and my FAVORITE part,,the breakfast,,,,it's super super good. actually, i don't need to eat anything until dinner time after i had this breakfast. ohhh,,, the host Kanley, he has been so helpful, he helped us planned our trips in London, shared some interesting tips with us. check the photoes i posted..it's really a nice place. i would definitely go back again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed 18 October 2013

I was looking for a relatively inexpensive hotel in London for a personal vacation and was pretty pleased with 69TheGrove. The staff is super nice, and the rooms are comfortable. I stayed in a townhouse across the street from the main building, and if you're traveling within the next couple of months, you may want to request to stay in the main building if rooms are available. There is a massive construction project going on right behind the 69 annex, and construction starts early in the morning. Not fun.

Other than the construction noise, my only other critique would be that the staff weren't completely prepared for check-in and check-out. I emailed the hotel in advance to ask if my room could be prepared early since I was coming straight from the States and would be arriving early in the morning. I waited nearly an hour in the living room while staff were "preparing' my room only to be told that I'd need to come back later in the day. I would have preferred them just to say at the front end that I could store my bag and check in at the regular time rather than me getting my hopes up for taking a shower and a quick nap. Oh well.

Also, if you plan to pay by credit card, be prepared to pay an extra 10% due to a "tax" (which just sounds like the staff don't want to eat the transaction fee).

Room Tip: Ask not to be put in the annex!! You'll wake up very early due to the construction noise!