69TheGrove
US$287
US$233
Doubletree
  • Restaurant
Park Grand London Lancaster Gate(London)(Great Value!)
US$185
US$225
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Days Hotel London- Waterloo(London)(Great Value!)
US$130
US$94
Hotels.com
1,252 results
All reviewsb bvauxhall stationkanley davidgreat hostsfresh fruit saladvictoria linefresh flowers in the roomother gueststhe main houseensuite roombed and breakfastevery morninghome away from homeplace to stayquiet neighborhoodfull english breakfastguest house
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 June 2009

My wife and I had five fabulous days with this marvellous couple.
The room, the largest in the house, was spotless and the bed was soft and sleep-inducing. David was soft spoken and Kanley was biostrous and they perfectly balanced each other. The location is almost perfect, as it is just a few minutes away from Vauxhall station.
The breakfast was a bit of a disappointment, because we were vegetarians - but the lack of variety was more than compensated by the ambience. Kanley promised to be more vegetarianf-friendly when we visit him next. They collect a truly international crowd!
Krishnan

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 28 June 2009

First time in London - was quite daunting looking through all the accommodation options.
Looking at hotels, you get a fairly average room for around 200 pounds per night , and the reviews on tripadvisor for those hotels report huge variances.
I then looked at b&bs - much more cost effective option, and 69TheGrove was listed right up the top. No variances in reviews, every single review is positive.
Now that I've just stayed here, I am extremely happy with the choice I made.
First of all, since it was my first time in London, I had no idea which area would be convenient for sight seeing. The location was unbelievable, right next to the tube station - and only 3 stops from Green Park for example (where u get off to see Buckingham Palace).
I stayed in the overflow apartment, just around the corner from the main house. Great room - extremely clean, good size, tv, wifi. Definitely exceeded my expectations as I've heard lots of negative comments regarding London accommodation in general.
Great hosts, and fantastic breakfast!!!!

Don't bother staying elsewhere, I highly recommend 69TheGrove - it really does check all the boxes. Note that I am an extremely fussy traveller, and am used to the extremely high quality of hotels in Australia.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank razkin1
Reviewed 25 June 2009

I stayed in the 'overflow' apartment just around the corner from No. 69 while I was doing some work in London. The apartment was perfect for my needs; very comfortable with excellent amenities including a modern clean kitchen with all facilities and wi-fi.

Breakfasts at the Grove are memorable occasions. The food and the company are great - you are guaranteed to meet interesting people and get some good ideas of places to visit.

The B&B is less than 5 minutes walk from the nearest tube station and just a short walk from the South Bank. It's a great place to stay and the hosts couldn't be more hospitable. If you are offered a place in the overflow apartment then I would recommend it highly- you won't be disappointed!

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank GeoScanner
Reviewed 22 June 2009

It's been a month since my visit and my fond memories have really stuck with me. The owners Kanley and David were a large part of why this is so. They not only were extremely helpful and anticipated my needs, but they had a pleasant informality and a genuine desire to make friends. This is what made my visit so exceptional. As a solo traveller I didn't feel so lost and alone because I could come back here and relate some of what happened to me in my London wanderings. Morning breakfasts in particular were a good chance to chat as the setting is at a communal table. Additionally, both Kanley and David gave me lengthy recommendations for where to eat and find entertainment.
As for the accomodations: the inn is in a quiet neighborhood, convenient to Victoria Station and not at all far from the sights. Vauxhall feels more real and homey, there is a nice park nearby. It also has a gay element, but not overwhelmingly so. Felt like a place people live, and the Victorian homes had a photogenic quality to boot.
The inn is completely fixed up and feels warm and contemporary. The spacious room had many nice little things to make it comfortable: mini bar, teapot, new t.v., etc. Bathroom was shared but was clean and nice.
A minor inconvenience is that no credit cards are taken, which made it impossible to make a deposit in advance since I am American and could not send a check or moneyorder without a large fee from the bank for the conversion. The deposit was deemed not necessary by the owners and I reserved 3 nights on the honor system. An instance that I consider very telling of the owners' considerate nature and eagerness to accomodate. I hope to come back as I feel I became a Londoner with my new place there to call home.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank staggering-beauty
Reviewed 17 June 2009

My adult daughter and I stayed for 5 days and could not have been more pleased. The room was spacious and very clean. We were well taken care of and the English breakfast was more than great, very traditional fry-up. Nice area and close to the tube. We will certainly stay there on our next trip. Our hosts were just as nice as could be. Our one hint would be to book early so that you get the main flat.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with friends