Rex Hotel
US$261
US$216
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 14 June 2012

The hotel looks nice from outside, and the welcome was nice - staff friendly and helpful. Alarmed to find a staff member in room, sat on a bed putting his socks on! Room itself was very small, with a grubby fridge taking up lots of space, and which couldn't even be plugged in if you wanted to have the TV on at the same time. Beds were comfy and clean enough - without the firdge the room would have been small but reasonably clean. The travel agent had told us it was ensuite - it wasn't (her fault, I guess, although the website was ambiguous, describing bathroom for each room (didn't say "shared")). Thus it was a disappointment to find we shared a bathroom with 2 other rooms. This was not too dirty (certainly not spotless!!) but the shower leaked onto the floor and there was only ever one roll of toilet paper (when out, you had to report it!!)
On the plus side, the breafast room WAS spotless, very smart, and the food much better than expected - eggs, beans and toast, jam, choc spread, cereals and hot dronks. Lovely.
It's cheap, and if you have low expectations, OK for a VERY short trip.

Room Tip: We were in room 30 - we slept well although it was grubby, and had a shared bathroom.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 June 2012

Stay away, stay away from this place is the only advice I can give! The room was so small that I could barely fit my luggage inside. The refrigerator had mold and other assorted crud in it and there wasn't even a reception area in this so called "Hotel", just a guy playing on the internet collecting money and handing out keys who seemed annoyed if you asked him a question.

Granted, this was a low price "hotel" but it should at least be livable which this was not. I left after 20 minutes and this was the first time in all my many travels that I had to leave a hotel because of this.

The entire buidling should be condemned as an insult to basic humanity...

Room Tip: Go somewhere else and quick!
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo

Reviewed 29 April 2012

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 22 April 2012

Bad luck: boiler broke when I arrived: 2 nights without hot water. Only shower in prince-hotel (connected with REX).
1st day: no wifi
TV on the room - 7 channels only bluescreen.
Window does not close good: cold at night and very loud because of the street
Fridge: dirty. Not cleaned during my stay
Stuff is friendly and offered a discount for the next stay, bot I don't think I will stay there again...
In GB hotel prices are always very high - for this money I did not expect a lot more (just hot shower I expected...). Breakfast: 1 kind of jam, 2 eggs (scrumbled or fried), Toasted bread, coffee not to bad...
Compared with a realy cheap hotel from the Philippines: here it is worst!!!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo